XBOX 360 Launch phail.......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Assuming this is true.. I must admit that I am mildly amused by this.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, i actually looked at the website and the screenshots, and i'm rather suprised. That they are releasing a console that is unstable already, heh. I think microsoft has a lot of explaining to do.

Best answers
tolore said:
because you know, computers/pc games NEVER have problems on launch...right?
Exactly...

No, the reason why I said that is because I like PC's over Consoles. Dont know why, i just do. And for some reason, i felt the need to throw that comment out there.

so what im trying to say is that what i said isnt why I like PC's over consoles, i dont know why I said that either, I must've been multitasking. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've not had any of these crashing problems, but then again maybe it's just me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is kind of funny: http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/misc/other/xb360pr/

Viperlair said:
We wanted to explore the unit in a lot more detail today, but we're jumping straight to the conclusion since the unit we purchased was DOA. Everything looked ok, no dents, nicks, security sealed box, but within 5 minutes of powering the system on, there was a faint electrical burning odour. Now, at first we thought it was coming from our PC which we were going to use for screen grabs (wouldn't be the first time), but moving it to our TV still displayed a black screen. Putting the old nose to the unit test revealed that yes, something cooked inside the 360.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Makin' bacon.

I can't believe Microsoft let such a big problem slip.

Or maybe they knew, but since they'd already announced the release date and HYPED IT LIKE THERE WAS NO ****ING TOMORROW, they might've thought they couldn't back down.

They figured it might be better for them to release it, pray most of them work, and replace the ones that don't, instead of lose face and release it after the PS3/Revo.

Typical.

Best answers
Well, this isnt making any sense to me. When they unvailed it on TV, it didnt have any problems, and the ones at Walmart and Bestbuy and stuff arent dead, then why are these dying? I doesnt make any sense. If one group of boxes work, shouldnt the other group?

Best answers
TeKNiK said:
I've not had any of these crashing problems, but then again maybe it's just me.
on all teh forums i've posted on people posted this same article and everyone said their boxes were fine, so its probably not just you.

as for PC's. i generally like pc's better too, but the one thing i'd say consoles are better at(other than fighting games) is that consoles don't cause near as many problems as pc's do. I have crashes and freezes all the time on my computer(althoguh not so much since i got my laptop), and i don't have to worry about spyware/viruses on my consoles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read the specs, and god my graphic card is even better than the xbox-360. O_O

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tolore said:
on all teh forums i've posted on people posted this same article and everyone said their boxes were fine, so its probably not just you.

as for PC's. i generally like pc's better too, but the one thing i'd say consoles are better at(other than fighting games) is that consoles don't cause near as many problems as pc's do. I have crashes and freezes all the time on my computer(althoguh not so much since i got my laptop), and i don't have to worry about spyware/viruses on my consoles.
That's cause PCs aren't ONLY meant for gaming...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I doesnt make any sense. If one group of boxes work, shouldnt the other group?
Nope, not necessarily. Everything is made in batches, groups of, say, a thousand at a time. They produce DVDs and other electronic items in batches as well, and if something gets screwed up during production, it often hits a batch or two before they catch on and correct it.

Sound Artist
Best answers
CM said:
That's cause PCs aren't ONLY meant for gaming...
Consoles are quickly becoming more than just gaming tools though.. I mean.. webcam on the 360? Come on! Yeah, can't wait to see the horrid faces of our gaming generation =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's specific to whether you bought a Core or Premium package?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think this is very fair to Microsoft. With all due respect they have never put out something that far into the red as far as being defective goes. Not working to previously thought capabilities is one thing, but flat out breaking, that isn't their style.

Besides, it would be really stupid to blame Microsoft for the problem. They created the machine, but I doubt they manufactured them in house. Obviously some problems occured between the manufacturers and the transaction of machines to the public. Maybe some factories cut corners to rush production; maybe Microsoft overclocked their default specs at the last minute and didn't foresee problems and 'flew blind' as we call it in the newspaper biz (when we send something to press with an untested change because we're relatively sure it won't screw up).

That aside, let me kick on the moderator mode here: Nowhere in the thread does it ask "Do you like PCs better then Xbox?" so let's just put the brakes on that kind of stuff before it gets too far off the topic of the xbox's problems. Saying you prefer it because of this is one thing, but once I start seeing back-and-forth replies about it I tend to get more wary, is all.

From a personal standpoint I don't blame them. I'm sure people are mad but I doubt Microsoft released a buggy machine. Remember, Microsoft is a software company--as far as mass production and worldwide distribution goes, having a game console made is relatively alien to their company. Knowing the ebb and flow behind the scenes, I'd blame corner cutting on the manufacturer's level for these problems, not Microsoft.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is exactly why I never get a new system when it first hits stores. Not only are they cheaper a few months later, but the problems found are fixed. I waited a year before getting a gamecube, I got it for $80 and runs just fine. I was given a PS2 for christmas a few years ago and it was bought around the first release and I had disk read errors on brand new games, exchange stores wouldn't even take it because it was too old. This is a lesson everyone should learn...don't be stupid and buy a system at its highest price and most vulnerable state, first release.....

Best answers
Even though I get as giddy as a school girl when I hear a console is having problems... PS2 had it's own problems on release. Bad disk readers, the fact that they weren't really meant to sit upright, things like that. Problems with consoles on first release are expected. PSP doesn't even need to be mentioned.
But if things are REALLY as bad as people are saying (which I doubt they are) than I couldn't be happier. But I think people are probably taking things too seriously.

As far as blaming Microsoft goes, if things turn out to be as bad as they say, then who else is there to blame? M$ obviously rushed the 360 to begin with. The difference between the PS3 and 360 in terms of graphics is obvious. Had M$ took the time they should have with the 360 I think it could have been as powerful as the PS3, and probably without all the problems people are reporting. So as far as that goes, I would immediatly blame M$. But on the other side of the argument, M$ hasn't made a dollar off of the XBox franchise, so money couldn't have been a motivation for the rush of the system.

The last console I bought was teh PSX... so yeah.

Best answers
due to the broken scare we have played my xbox 360 all day today, no problems whatsoever, which still leaves me only hearing about problems form that article and no where else.

Best answers
I love how everyone just has to jump on this bandwagon and curse the **** out of microsoft because 5% of XBOX 360s have a problem with them...guess what, so will PS3 and Revo and any other type of electronic product that is mass produced

Chill the **** out people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom