XBOX 360 Launch phail.......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not laughing inside or anything. Seems they were a little too eager to get their console out before anyone else. Apparently 360's are already on recall. Ouch indeed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh noes!

That sucks for whoever thats happening too, hopefully it isnt too common.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'm not laughing inside or anything. Seems they were a little too eager to get their console out before anyone else. Apparently 360's are already on recall. Ouch indeed.
360s on recall? Where? I haven't seen it confirmed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if it's not yet, I wouldn't doubt it. Many people are complaining of crashing and broken 360s.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And to think one of the reasons people buy consoles is because they don't have to deal with stuff like games not working..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, the one in the office at work is fine for perfect dark.

which by the way, is an amazing tool for getting people to come in early, and stay later :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, I'm so gonna tell this to my friends face who says Xbox is the best thing in the world.

Pwnt!

Best answers
Lol, man that makes me laugh. Im gonna tell my friend that thinks that the X-box 360 is better than sex, he loves it soooo much. Now he's gonna die of pain! Jease, thats toooo funny. This is why I like computers more than consoles.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still not sure what the scare is. Like 20 people post having problems on various forums and are followed by a bunch of people posting that their Xboxes are just fine, but everybody assumes all of the Xboxes are defective. Defective hardware happens, people. I don't hear anything about hundreds let alone thousands of Xboxes being defective, all I see is a few threads and a couple of "news" sites that jumped the gun trying to be the first to point out a potential issue. It doesn't make the Xbox a crappy console, it just means something either screwed up in shipping, or in a batch of hardware that went into the consoles. I'm also not sure why somebody would use this an example of why they 'prefer PCs' considering that this kind of thing rarely happens and hasn't been confirmed.

Best answers
Just never mind about the whole PC>Console thing, I just felt the need to throw that out there, Sorry. And even if there arent thousands of people complaining about it, you still have people with defective xbox's and microsoft should still issue a recall for those people.

What im trying to say is that it doesnt matter how many people are having issues with a product, its still the company's responsibility to take care of that issue

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds like Microsoft to me. Pushing buggy hardware/software out, instead of refining it.

Same thing happened to KOTOR II.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I don't hear anything about hundreds let alone thousands of Xboxes being defective, all I see is a few threads and a couple of "news" sites that jumped the gun trying to be the first to point out a potential issue. It doesn't make the Xbox a crappy console, it just means something either screwed up in shipping, or in a batch of hardware that went into the consoles. I'm also not sure why somebody would use this an example of why they 'prefer PCs' considering that this kind of thing rarely happens and hasn't been confirmed.
Well considering that almost every forum I frequent has at least one user who's xbox 360 is fried or having problems, I'd say it's more than just a batch. Some of them have a bad HDD, where you are required to remove the HDD for it to work. Some are having read problems on the disks, some are overheating, even the external power supply appears to be an issue. It's more than just "20 people" and it may be a huge incident very soon.

If I remember correctly, even the display 360s in the stores were crashing frequently, although that was probably due to bad circulation in their 'security boxes'.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure what you're all talking about. I played the x-box 360 in best buy, target, walmart, compusa, and circuit city. They all work just fine. Granted I'd never buy one- ever. But they weren't "defective" in the least when i played them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ones in the stores are fine. The one you buy in premium is broken. Too bad I didn't get my XBox 360 yet and glad.

Best answers
really every forum i post on has no complaints about 360, that article is actually the first i've heard of it.

Lol, man that makes me laugh. Im gonna tell my friend that thinks that the X-box 360 is better than sex, he loves it soooo much. Now he's gonna die of pain! Jease, thats toooo funny. This is why I like computers more than consoles.
because you know, computers/pc games NEVER have problems on launch...right?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
because you know, computers/pc games NEVER have problems on launch...right?
I'm always sticking to the PC and the PC only, the consoles are fun to play, and they never do crash. But PC games are update able, and they can be modded, and all the things related to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom