XBOX 360 failure rates, ESF edition

has it broken?

• Total voters
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, it doesnt get any simpler than this.

please no ps3 fanboys lol, only post if you actually own a 360.

mine just conked out for the 4th time, i suppose a normal person would be angry, but the xbox repair process is very painless (and free :D).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine broke once, about .. 4-5 weeks ago? It's my second one, first Elite. Got it back and the repairthingie that came with it said my motherboard was broken.

I didn't even get the RROD. It would just boot up and then hang after about 20 seconds. Took about 6 days for it to get back to me, now it's working as it should again. :)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went through 3 in a little less than a year. I liked it, I liked the games, just got tired of the **** breaking all the time.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I barely even use mine and it still broke

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZOMFGH!!!!111!! I IZ PS3 F4NB0Y...LULZ!!! 360 SUXX0rZZ1111!one!!

But no, seriously. I don't own one myself, but I have a friend who does. His broke like...3 times in a couple of months.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've had mine for about a year and it's still working. It's one of the older elites, so it'll burn out eventually. Just bought a PS3 and the first thing I noticed was it ran a little hotter so I'm more worried about that than I am about my 360.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I find funny is I could dig out my GameGear, MegaDrive/Genesis, SNES, or PSX, connect them up and they still work.

Technological progress ftw.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
got it replaced twice for the rrod, but haven't had a problem since. i've had the current one for a year so far.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had my 360 for 2-3 years, and it just recently red ringed. Had to buy a new one a month ago.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RROD last June of last year and got it back 3 weeks later. If it RROD's I'd just probably sell it and buy the HDMI version. Someone else can open it up and fix it if they want to.

Its pretty lame when you bought a 2006 model only to get back a 2005 when you send it in for a replacement. Pfft.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got mine within the week it first came out, its been through drops, bangs, overheats(vents got covered by like a towel) and it still works like a dream, and i can play the hell out of it.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll vote yes since I've had friends get red ringed.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had one 3 light RROD. It was repaired/replaced by MS for no charge, and the "new" one has been working flawlessly.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for the record this isnt a thread bashing the 360, haha, even with its hardware problems it still gets more playtime than my ps3 ever did =(.

i was just curious for a actual % of working to broken 360s.

so far its a landslide.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mine hasn't broken on me yet, I use it almost every day. Had it for 2 years now.

I had the red rings once, but that was from a power failure, didn't do anything to the xbox. Power failure, red rings, power came back on, worked perfectly fine. Other than that, no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom