Xam'd Lost Memories

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I'm terrible about giving general plot information I'll just give you the synopsis from Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xam%27d_Lost_Memories said:
Sentan Island is a small island surrounded by the Yuden Sea. It exists in a state of dreamlike tranquility, cut off from the war between the Northern Government and the Southern Continent Free Zone. Akiyuki Takehara lives on Sentan Island along with his mother Fusa. He is currently separated from his father, the town doctor Ryuzo, but the bond between father and son remains. One day, after taking Ryuzo the lunch that Fusa has made for him as usual, Akiyuki is caught up in an explosion along with his friends, Haru and Furuichi. The explosion produces a mysterious light which enters Akiyuki's arm, causing him excruciating pain. He's given no time to understand it, however, as the white-haired girl who rode on the bus with him guides him to a power unlike anything he's ever known. He transforms into a creature called Xam'd, and his rampage is only stopped when a red-haired foreign girl appears and warns him that he'll turn to stone if he doesn't go with her.
Now here's what I have to say about it. I saw the first couple episodes the other day and now I'm instantly hooked. What are the Xam'd? Is the Postal Ship that picked up Akiyuki really what they say it is? It's been a while since I've picked up interest in a series that is still being produced as opposed to just watching the entire thing through. So far they're up to episode 9.

Has anyone else started this series yet?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a twist on The Hulk.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a twist on The Hulk.
Not particularly. The transformed state as the Xam'd becomes a conscious effort not affected by emotion after the first time, and high stress tends to be a danger for Akiyuki as if he gets under emotional duress he begins to sprout red rocks. If you want to relate it to Marvel Comics, it's somewhat like Venom, as the Xam'd is a symbiotic state between the human and what they call a Hiruko. A part of the main character's dilemma is trying to find out just what his Hiruko really wants. I assume the main goal is to come together as one complete being rather than two.

It's turning out to be another political anime. Basically you've got the north versus the south and a group of people similar to Native Americans that have lost their homeland and as such wander the lands, selling their services as humanform weapons(much like the Xam'd) to the North. Now as for what the overall plot is? I'm not really sure yet though it's soon to come out.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm.. looks interesting. I'll start watching this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom