X-Wing Alliance

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmmmm, let's talk some old school. So reading the BC thread reminded me that I still have my old copy of X-Wing Alliance. Just wondering if anyone else has this, or for that matter, any of the old Lucas Arts flight sims? Furthermore, would anyone be up for some dogfighting in XWA? Might be fun if we could get like 4 players each with a few CPU wingman and make a mess of everything. Though no T/Ds you cheap hos ;P

-Karrde-

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have it but I can't play it because XP is a whore with renaming joysticks HIDs. So now the game won't boot for me unless I run a 98 box.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have it... funny you should mention it because I was just thinking about re-installing it.

I've got Tie Fighter and X-wing also (not X-Wing vs Tie Fighter mind you, I think there was a game by that name too)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
there was, I used to play X-wing vs tie fighter all the time
I also played the original xwing and tiefighter
never heard of xwing alliance though

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I have it but I can't play it because XP is a whore with renaming joysticks HIDs. So now the game won't boot for me unless I run a 98 box.
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm lucky I had my old Microsoft Sidewinder Pro lying about. Definately prefer my wingman, which oddly enough I won in an XWA tournament years ago :p There's gotta be some kind of work around for joysticks on XP though.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need a joystick with a named driver, like your sidewinder. Sadly for me, I have a Saitek, and it used the HID driver from microsoft. I can't afford to drop more money for a better joystick though :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had TIE Fighter and Rebel Assault 2, if youd call it a flight sim. Those were great games. I played them on a mouse because I didnt have a joystick, but they were still awesome. Come to think of it, we havent had a decent Star Wars flight sim in quite some time...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play X-Wing Alliance forever, I loved that game. The missions were awesome, especially when you got to fly within the Death Star. I remember that a lot of missions would give you stuff that would be added to your room for you to look at if you completed the mission. Not only that, I remember that you could fly anything you wanted, and if you wanted to pilot a Star Destroyer you had to edit a few text files.

Good Times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For real? I don't remember any of that >_<

I should play through it again... piloting the Death Star sounds like a lot of fun.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's actually a lot of odd things you can do by messing with the text files. Aside from piloting normally unusable ships, you can also have gunner positions in ships like the Corellian Transports and the Otana along with the pilots. IE 3 players piloting the Otana together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom