X-men 2 [Spoilers!]

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just watched the movie last night and OMG, it owns..... 10x better than the last movie, awesome fighting scenes (the opening scene was kick-ass) some of which looked like matrix scenes, awesome display of powers, a storyline like none other, etc. etc..... most sequels turn out bad but boy - was I impressed.... this one is simply - OMG!

*WARNING: If you haven't watched the movie yet, DO NOT READ AHEAD, it will spoil your fun.*

Now how the heck did Jean Grey die?!?! If any of you have watched the cartoon series, or read the comics, you know she plays a VERY important role and her powers improve a hell lot like already shown in the movie..... that came as a shock indeed, I am sure she will come back in some way or the other.... But boy, it adds the perfect touch to the story line, makes you want to watch the 3rd movie like hell....

I'm sure the next movie will bring some good action against iceman and pyro, since pyro joined up with magneto....
I want to see beast and gambit soon though! :-\ Arch Angel ownz though....

Anyway, if you've seen the movie, give your feedback or something... i want to know how the others liked/disliked the movie.

gr:laff::laff:vy

Best answers
Jean didn't die; at the end you can see (although somewhat vague) the Phoenix in the water, meaning she'll be back!

I agree with you though; kickass movie, great sequel! I loved the part where Magneto escaped from his cell.

I'm really looking forward to a third movie! I'd love to see Gambit in that one...or maybe Jubilee.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skip my post completely if you don't want the movie ruined for you....

to Groovy: Remember Pheonix? Did you see that very end seen where it was flying across the lake and you could see a faint outline of a firey looking bird outline?(edit: oops, Snake101 got to it first...)

Another thing that got me was when Mystique was looking on the computer for information, I saw the name Remy LeBeau(Gambit's real name). It sort of pissed me off, I was really looking forward to seeing him.

One last thing. Didn't the movie seem to be going out on a limb on how Magneto did escape? Too much iron in the blood? Bah!

Alright now that I got that off my chest, I did like the movie alot, and I cannot wait til the third.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!

--------------------------------------------------------------

@Miroku:

Damn I must've missed the pheonix... :-\.... but if it did appear, yay Jean will be back...
And I did notice Remy on the computer too... I was one of the few amonsgt my me and my friends who went for the movie, who actually pointed that out... Yes I also expected him to show up but he never did... =\

About Magneto's escape.... well mystique did give that guy iron tablets and give him a big dose of iron shot right on his ***.... so I guess that could be done... although in real life that could have killed somoene I suppose... but the way magneto extracted the iron and then used those small balls to shatter the cage was simply ingenious. Oh yea loved nightcrawler's accent... nothing like the series but funny as hell... hehe the way he suddenly rescued rogue was cool too, coz when I watched it - I was like "ok, now how exactly is rogue gonna get saved from that"... it didn't strike me that nightcrawler was part of the team too by then..... but overall, pretty impressed by the movie... if they continue making such a story line and make about 5-6 or more of these movies without spoiling the storyline and awesome graphics... then this could be another saga to be remembered for decades just like star wars turned out to be.... way to go x-men! :p

p.s. - do not forget the scene where jean uses her telepathy to repel all of psyclop's red laser thingy.......

Best answers
xmen 2 is the best movie i mean it is so active

Lid

L
spoiler answers:

Didn't the movie seem to be going out on a limb on how Magneto did escape? Too much iron in the blood?

No. In actual fact, in the comics Magneto has killed many people this way, though he actually moves all the iron in their body to a central point which causes the body to collapse under it's own pressure.

Another thing that got me was when Mystique was looking on the computer for information, I saw the name Remy LeBeau(Gambit's real name). It sort of pissed me off, I was really looking forward to seeing him.

Gambit was originally going to have a cameo in the movie, but it got cut. It will probably be on the DVD.

I'm really looking forward to a third movie! I'd love to see Gambit in that one...or maybe Jubilee.

Jubilee has been in both X-Men and X2. In X-Men she's one of the students in the scene where Pyro lights a hand-flame, and boby freezes it. In X2 she's the asian girl wearing the pouch in the opening scene, and she's also one of the prisoners at the very end.

p.s. - do not forget the scene where jean uses her telepathy to repel all of psyclop's red laser thingy.......

she uses telekinesis (i'm a nit-picker)

I want to see beast and gambit soon though!

Beast makes a cameo under the guise of Henry McCoy in the bar, he's on TV. Note that his blue fur is NOT part of his natural mutation.

And from my own picking up on things in the movie and my own knowledge, and some help on the computer list, THE X2 EASTER EGGS!

From the computer screen that Mystique is looking at:

Keniucho Harada = The Silver Samurai
Garrison Kane = Kane
Remy LeBeau = Gambit
Eric Lansherr = Magneto
Artie Mad****s = No Alias
Jamie Madrox = Multiple Man
Xi'an Coy Mahn = Karma
Maximoff (2) - Pietro and Wanda, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch of the Avengers. Children of Magneto.
Kevin McTaggart - Proteus
Danielle Moonstar = Mirage, Psyche
And Ororo Munroe is of course Storm.

The folder Mystique clicks on is titled Omega Red

The one below it is entitle Franklin Richards

Strykers son is based off Mastermind

The screaming girl is Siryn

In the opening scene the asian girl with the pouch is Jubilee

On the TV screen the doctor is Henry McCoy

any others?

Best answers
Ohhhh good stuff, I missed the computer thing with Gambit's name...

I love how this movie brings me bacak to my child hood memories.

I still have the collectors edition masterpeice set of Marvel Comic's Mutant Set - though not full anymore. :( I lost some cards awlong the line some where.

Best answers
The movie was exccelent x 12 then the first one. Nightcrawler stole the show , he was amazing in that movie.

Jean grew dying and turning into pheonix is a big step in the movie,will their be an xmen 4 5 or 6 to cover everything, i sure hope so but we'll probably be all dead by the time the movies cover everything in the comics if they ever do =).

Overall the movie was pure genious, they let wolverine go nuts which was a surprise for me. Also magneto was very well done, the iron was nothing but damn when he took of the gernade clips i was like "my God was that ever cool".All characters were played well, in the future i want to see gambit and beast more, also if bishop ever shows up that would be wicked sweet. Coluusus was reallly awesome, although there for a few seconds he was just cool. IF I get to see apocalypse in an xemn movie in the future ill die a happy man also =)

eot156

E
I loved the movie, thought it was very awesome. But since the comic and the cartoon jean has her body invaded by pheonix, Im VERY VERY intrested to see how they are going to work around that in the new movie. Im pretty sure they will just have jean have her powers evolve into the pheonix, cuz in the cartoon adn comic it was an alien force which was called the pheonix that invaded her body, and that aint gonna happen in the movie, So X3 is gonna be .... KICKASS hopefully.

Best answers
I loved that movie. It was soooo cool, i also liked how Magneato excapes from his cell.

Best answers
It was a great movie jsut sawit yesterday to at like 9:55 it wasso awesome the grahpics and the invasionof the mansion wa the coolest.Wolverine is my fav i love his claws the way they jsut come out of his hands thats so awesome. but boy was he getting his *** kick ed fighting the new and improved "wolverine"

Best answers
Nightcrawler...what a site to belive. Teleporting and smashing his way to the pres. Nightcrawler is my fav X-men char (specially on the ps2 fighting game). On nintendo..well..his skill lacks cause you can just punch and walk through walls and you lose life instead of power. Still, it would be awesome if someone made a nightcrawler model for esf (he really servers his perpose) and a new teleporting sprite to go with it. I say "someone" should because my modeling experience suks and i can only skin stuff. (hole reason gave up using ms3d and dont ask cause i gave it to my cousin)

Best answers
would be cool to have nightcrawler in esf.

only question is: what would he transform into? :confused:

Best answers
she decided to get swept away because she knew she would be a danger to the rest of the xmen, because the phoenix is the most powerful mutant ever and...

--dont read if you dont want a spoiler--

she eventually destroys the world!

Retired
Best answers
all those guys suck my ass.. i want 1 villian and i probably will never get him.

that one villian is Apocalypse (sp)

jjst think he would be the perfect addition the story and he also played a very large par in the cartoon series

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apocalypse would be a great villain to have, but since the main message of the X-men movies is Mutant vs. Man.

Besides, they want to appeal to a newer Fan-base, and I think that Apocalypse would only appeal to the older X-Fans...

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I was just pleased that they actually let Logan go NUTS! in his defense of the mansion without gettin all (g) rated on our arse ;)

Im a little annoyed that pyro wasnt played by an Aussie tho, cuz he is in the comics, but on the upside, least Wolvies played by one :p

Lid

L
bring on Mr Sinister, though #3 is believed to be based on the sentinel program

Best answers
Although I enjouyed the whole movie nothing compared to Night Crawler's opening scene. It was just so intense. I hope Gambit is in #3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom