X-com UFO defense/Enemy unknown fans

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well seems there is an opensource recreation of that old game with a bit more weapon variety and ofcourse better GFX. Gameplay seems quite similar.

Its called UFO: Alien Invasion

-> http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/

Thoughts?

Best answers
I downloaded it and tried it a bit. I haven't had a lot of time to play it, but I did enter into the first fight. It seems like there's a lot of strategy, diversity, and progression to it.

I bet you'd love another game if you like this one called Jagged Alliance 2. You play as a group of mercenaries trying to retake this land from a tyrant leader, and the more places you capture, the higher your income gets so you can hire on more experienced killers and equipment. They all have personalities and nicknames too, so it's sweet. You should definitely check it out.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I downloaded it and tried it a bit. I haven't had a lot of time to play it, but I did enter into the first fight. It seems like there's a lot of strategy, diversity, and progression to it.

I bet you'd love another game if you like this one called Jagged Alliance 2. You play as a group of mercenaries trying to retake this land from a tyrant leader, and the more places you capture, the higher your income gets so you can hire on more experienced killers and equipment. They all have personalities and nicknames too, so it's sweet. You should definitely check it out.
As i said in my post. This game is a quake 2 engine remake of the original X-COM game. Its still not finished but what they have so far is amazing. Oh and here you get cash based on your success. While this adaption is great i think the original X-COM still wins over it slightly.

BTW Alien Invasion has impossible odds against UFOs in the begining of the game in X-COM you atleast had a chance against the smaller craft ^^

Best answers
Yeah I agree, I haven't gotten to play it much yet, but it definitely will at some point. It seems like there's a lot of depth to it. Pretty cool so far.

Have you ever tried Jagged Alliance 2? It reminds me of it a little bit.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea i played the demo ages ago. Didnt get past the first level im afraid ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, brings back old memories. Gonna download it tomorrow, playing this game in 3D seems interesting compared to the old 2D games.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its a bit different. For one its not finished yet. And its built on the Quake 2 engine which means no wall destroying like in the original :(

But they did include more weapon weapons and allso some melee aspects :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom