WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 (360)

Best answers
I would pick it up; However, the new horrendous control scheme(s), will probably keep me from ever buying another Smackdown game again.

Best answers
I just hope they fix the Undertaker's face, cause, the picture of him smashing John Reseta/Meseta/Whatever's face is pretty ugly...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually the new control scheme is great.

Even if you don't like it, you can change it back to the old one. Though I don't see why you would. Once you get used to it, matches are much more fluid and moves are executed much more smoothly.

I already preordered it from Amazon--I'll be getting it on the 8th, according to their ship date info (got next day, heh).

The amount of stuff you can do in this game is unprecedented. Ladder to ladder attacks a la shelton benjamin; the most in-depth create-a-wrestler ever (64 layers, stylized clothes, and more); New table match mechanics; new crowd area outside the ring where you can do all kinds of great stuff; MANY new ladder mechanics; usable hotspots all over the arena let you fight like the wrestlers do, and use your environment to your advantage; new ultimate control moves let you manually control all of your actions during certain moves; the create-an-entrace now lets you perfectly time all pyro, lighting, and camera changes; the roster has TONS of legends that are actually worth using (Hart Foundation and Mr. Perfect FTW); the sweat system adds a lot of realism to the games' visuals, especially with blood--on the 360 demo characters bleed realistically and the bloodshed worsens as the match goes on; GM mode has been very improved, and can now use created wrestlers; create a title has more than 80 custom 'spinner' pieces; all of the reversals have been reanimated to be more like an actual match's (no more nut punch on every ground grapple!), all reversals and escapes are MUCH more realistic; wrestlers react realistically to injury or bleeding--they will hobble when wounded, hold their head while they bleed, and realistically react to hits that connect to certain body parts, etc; the roster for once actually has a great deal of current gen popular superstars worth using instead of a crowd of jobbers; crystal clear textures in CAW mode now, no more blocks; online play with Xbox live means it'll be lag free at last; they've also added the Money in the Bank ladder match and retooled a lot of the mechanics involved in winning a ladder match.

Whew. And that's just the beginning!!!

I have actually been following this rather rabidly on IGN for the past 3 months. I have seen every video, heard and debunked every rumor, and rebuked every criticism so far. If anyone has any questions just ask--I pretty much know everything there is to know about the game without having played it. Also, there's a demo on Xbox Live Marketplace if you need to get used to the new controls or whatever. It took me maybe two matches to start getting the hang of it; now I can't go back to the old one for the life of me....

Rob Rocker Fun Fact: The Smackdown message board on IGN is the most populated of them all by far, and has more than 1 million more people actively posting in it then any other forum on the board.

Either way man. This is going to be the best wrestling game ever...BY FAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom