WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2006!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES YES YES YES THANK YOU GOD!

They said SDvR was going to be the last one...!

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god. They changed so much. Momentum system, optional stamina bars, new reversals...

Finally the matches are going to be like real matches. No more matches being stupid with finishers in retarded situations, finally its gonna play out like a real match.

I CAN'T WAIT!

In fact I think it comes out on my birthday!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XD what a gift it would be...

i hope they're more playable mathes online in that game. 1v1 exhibition got kinda boring.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They did say that they have some surprises for online that they can't share, and CAW too. Here's hoping that online owns.

DMW

Best answers
I love these games,I hope they dont stop coming until playstation dies.Smackdowns series is the best of all other wrestling games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like an awesome Wrastlin game. When this comes out, I'll be wishing I was at my old Highschool Buddy Jim's abode so we can throwdown, cuz I'll be damned if he ain't got it.

Man...it was all Wrestlin and Perfect Dark in those days...I still fear Laptop turrets.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, Wrasslin'. I've always loved wrestling games, especially the older SNES ones. These new ones are looking amazing though, I played one of them for PC last year and it was a blast. This game looks pretty sweet, and it sounds like it's a lot deeper, please tell me it has a royal rumble mode, I used to LOVE that for SNES.

KyoKusanagi

K
Royal Rumble matches have been a staple match in wrestling games since WWF Attitude and WCW Mayhem and have generally remained the same with minor tweakings such as last years SDR offering which integrated weight detection (e.g. cruiser weight can't pick up super heavy weight etc) and a ring out meter (need to push or strike opponent to make the bar deplete before you can eliminate them).

The new SDR looks promising but the one feature im hanging out for the most will probably be on a PS3 version to use mp3s as entrance music. Hopefully the ability to customise your characters entrance style will be included in depth (e.g. pyrotechnics, colour of lights, crowd response etc.)

And also, would it be too much to ask for decent play-by-play commentary and not just generic talking. I mean, even WWF Warzone had decent play-by-play commentary and it really should be too hard to do. Other than that, i'm really looking forward to the latest installment of what has been an enjoyable series.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They said that there were a few surprises in the CAW that would make us happy, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that it's Create-an-Entrance.

What I'm personally most excited about is the (hopefully) improved cage matches and such. I mean, we know you can throw them into the cage now. Let's hope for pulling them down the cage, and doing cage rope grapples.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Supplex of the top of the cage! =0! That would be great to have high risk moves like that! =)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, they had the almighty five star off the smackdown fist directly into a fish flop in SYM, so I don't see why not. =P

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they add arena effects... like a big drop like a supplex of the top of the cage would bounce the mat around...also they should do different impact effects at diffferent heights etc... having the same effect in a cycle does looks abit silly now doesn it =)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will cross my fingers but not hold my breath for MP3 entrance themes that can be saved to the HDD.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys hear about Lesnar having an interview to get back into WWE?

Hopefully! they will put him back in... he was one of my favourites!
Along side with The Rock, Stone Cold, RVD and Jeff Hardy!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope Brock comes back. As a wrestler he was phenomenal--though apparently much of the wrestling community disagrees.

As for that other stuff I'm really not all that hopeful for much in particular. It seems like they have all the bases covered.

I personally am hugely excited for the new depth and realistic pace that they are trying to dictate for the matches this year. My brother and I have loved wrestling for years and we know how to put on a good match when we play the game, but my friends don't know what we do and thus it is not uncommon for people to spam submission moves or climb the ladder and snatch the title while two people are in the middle of a longwinded animation...with the new momentum system and the new (and OPTIONAL!!!) stamina bar, it will now be in the best interests of the players to play it out as a "good match."

Alas...no more will I score victories off of my running Spear finishing move while the opponent is on an offensive roll. But it is better off! A new age has come!!

For those of you who have not played a wrestling game in a long time I highly recommend you check this or the current ones out, as they are more in-depth than any wrestling game before has been. The Royal Rumble is true to life; the hell in the cell is in; ladder matches where you can do mostly anything you want with the ladder; huge rosters of 50+ wrestlers; massively lifelike animation; an amazing SIX players; and all around some of the best arcade fighting style hybrid action gameplay I've ever experienced.

The create a wrestler in the smackdown games is also amazing; my friends and I have created a cast of characters and customized each of their moves to our personal specifications; the game has literally hundreds of moves to choose from to customize your Created Wrestler's personality. You can even give them attire specific to their ring entrance or backstage interviews. Our characters at first were for fun way back in Smackdown 3, but they've evolved and become solidified personalities. Not since Goldeneye have I had as much fun as I have with this game...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After reading that thoroughly, quite a few things are confirmed! CAE, Bar Room Brawl, Fulfil your Fantasy diva match (wtf?), online created belts, mo-cap, voice over for CAWs, permanent ID for online, with stats, 3 levels of blood, ability to play possum, and some new sleeper hold system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom