WWE more of a joke than ever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, so i always used to be a fan, and i've always enjoyed watching.

lately i've been limited to waiting for a while, then watchinga whole backlog of raw, and smackdown, all in one go.

what i just witnessed, puts me off the WWE forever.

john cena, doing whatever his finisher is called, on the big show, the undertaker, and other heavyweight legends.

now don't get me wrong, i'm sure he's a strong guy, and they are trying to promote no way out, and get a big fight out of him and orton. but FFS, lifting people like the big show, used to be reserved to like, 2 people. who were both clearly monsters in their own right.

but now it seems anyone can do it, cena, as big as he is, is still dwarfed by the likes of brock lesnar, the undertaker, and the show. yet the writers felt the need to make him out to be some super strong animal of a fighter.

the one thing that kept me watching the show for the best part of 15 years, is that despite how over the top it was, there was still some level of discretion, some believability (yes i know it's fake, fools). but it's all gone now. what's the point in having a 500lb monster, who should, by rights, be indestructable, when anyone a 3rd of his size can own his ass?

ugh...

opinions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When the name was changed to WWE from WWF everything went downhill and so did the wrestlers. All of the wrestlers that actually had skill have either died, retired, or were fired from WWF. Even some of the wrestlers there weren't that good, had great personalities that collided with other wrestlers' personalities. When Jericho came back, it was sad, because there weren't really any legendary or veteran rivals to make a dispute with his return. Honestly, I lost interest after the Rock and Stone Cold left. They had one of the best rivalries, and I have yet to even decide who I like the most. Looking back on videos of WWF on YouTube, I encountered some humorous and epic moments that occurred in my late childhood of watching WWF. Everyone has mostly been corrupted now, and the scripts just suck all hell. All of the wrestlers that owned back then have changed dramatically and act nothing like they did in the past. The Undertaker made some idiotic change to a some potential bad boy biker, then returned back to his normal self, but it's still not all the same. Just watching WWE today makes me sick, everything is so beefed and fake now that it hurts to watch. A majority of the people who defined what WWF is, have ventured on to more non-commercial realistic wresting franchises like TNA etc.

Best answers
i expected somethin worse than this when i saw this thread, heh. not much of a wrestling fan and i haven seen it in awhile, but i'm guessing cena is one of the bigger stars now. him slamming the big guys makes him more legit as the big star...so i guess thats why they did it. theyre doing what they can to build him or whatever. in reality though...wrestling has been crap for awhile now. no offense to anyone who likes it or anything.

It's staged .
wow really? who wouldve known, heh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's ok F-man, he clearly doesn't read a full post before making a response.

and yeah, some of my most humorous moments in childhood came from watching the rock on one of his tirades, with my cousins.

i even remember seeing Lex Lugor bodyslamming Yokozuma. i remember when the bushwackers were around fighting the nasty boys, and the legion of doom. i remember hulk hogan, and the entire hulkamania that surrounded him... one man, who captivated the entire world, has been reduced to a joke.

how can a company as big as this, not realise that they are literally ****ting on all of the oldschool fans? the backlash being "hey son what are you watching? is that WWE? turn that **** off".

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Wrestling died when stupid WWF bought WCW T_T

Best answers
Wrestling died when stupid WWF bought WCW T_T

that's also part of it...they have no competition. wwe doesnt need to make it top quality anymore because they have an estalished fan base that will watch them. nobody is enough of a threat to the wwe to make them step it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And didn't I recall ECW 'merging' with WWE?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I haven't watched it in ages either and that's mostly because of how bad its gotten. I tuned in for the Jericho return which was mildly entertaining but aside from that it's just been disappointing. You flip on and theres a bunch of guys fighting that you've never seen before with personalities akin to something I leave in the toilet.

The best stuff they had was The Rock going nuts on people, Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon and the old school Bad Ass Triple H. Since then it's just been ****house.

Oh and the invasion itself I thought was done well, when it was WWF vs. WCW vs. ECW, but once the invasion ended the finished result has sucked ever since.

Best answers
i was watching wwe a bit a few weeks ago and happened to catch the undertaker. i thought it was funny to see him throw up triangle chokes and unleash his "secret move" while the commentators go all crazy. the secret move....the GOGOPLATA

greatest submission of all time

theres actally been rumors of vince mcmahon wanting to get into the mma business with mark cuban. other rumors have been that they might be interested in buying the ufc. i highly doubt they buy the ufc...but i could see them getting into the fight business. wrestling has been on a decline for them, and they have the promotion skills to set up a good mma promotion. i wouldnt be surprised to see them get into it, i actually really expect them to sooner or later.

i'd pay to see hogan and macho man to throw down for real, heh. well...maybe not, but you know.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been a wrestling fan since I saw WcW's Monday Night Nitro back in the early 90s.

For the most part, I miss the awesome heel/face battles that actually made you want to watch.

Like Sting vs the NWO for instance.

Now, it's just the same cliche **** over and over again.

But, at least there's DX!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad X-Pac and Rowdy Road Dogg did not make a return.

Best answers
I've been a wrestling fan since I saw WcW's Monday Night Nitro back in the early 90s.

For the most part, I miss the awesome heel/face battles that actually made you want to watch.

Like Sting vs the NWO for instance.

Now, it's just the same cliche **** over and over again.

But, at least there's DX!

Ye, I first watched wrestling with the Monday Nitros as well.. I wubbled Sting :( When I read he would make a comback, I watched youtube for a bit to see his comeback, and it sucked :'( I mis Sting, Hogan, Goldberg, Nash, Hart, Mysterio, Machoman, the Steiner Brothers (thoguh, Sting's comeback with Rick was sweet ^^ woof) and basically everyone from those days. Back then it was a show worth watching, now it's just a show that forced itself to drag its rotten body through existance by shoving more and more crap into the troaths of young people that like the sight of oiled nipples.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ye, I first watched wrestling with the Monday Nitros as well.. I wubbled Sting :( When I read he would make a comback, I watched youtube for a bit to see his comeback, and it sucked :'( I mis Sting, Hogan, Goldberg, Nash, Hart, Mysterio, Machoman, the Steiner Brothers (thoguh, Sting's comeback with Rick was sweet ^^ woof) and basically everyone from those days. Back then it was a show worth watching, now it's just a show that forced itself to drag its rotten body through existance by shoving more and more crap into the troaths of young people that like the sight of oiled nipples.
nWo Wolfpac was the best, Steiner bros. were complete awesome as were Harlem Heat. Chris Jericho vs. Greenberg was what made midgets in wrestling funny (although Booker Wee's spinneroonie was one of the funniest memories I have) but yeah I remember Monday Nitros being the best.

Here's a few more things that've made wrestling ****house.

-Ric Flair is STILL wrestling, the guy is like 70, he needs to retire
-Other old old old school guys are coming back, Rowdy Roddy Piper anyone? Just retire already
-Kane unmasked and now he's not disfigured at all...wtf? That's pretty much said the whole backstory of Kane was bull****.
-No more factions: Factions rocked, the nWo black&white vs. nWo black&red vs. WCW vs. The 4 Horsemen etc. That's what I liked about the WCW invasion, the factions came back.
-Pussying of hardasses, Stonecold's "what" thing really sucked, they turned him into a broken record player. Other guys got turned into douches as well, it's been mentioned above but Undertaker the American biker bad ass orly?

There's probably more but thats a start.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think a lot of the "skill" disappeared when Eddie Guerrero died... I honestly think he taught a lot of people at WWF/WWE how to put on a show.

Now, it's a just a bunch of irish-whips, silly cameos, and finishers.

Back in the day... you could feel the match was going in a certain direction... now they just spam basic stuff, and hope you're impressed by the twist.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I totally agree, excellent observation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Glad to see I started a trend.

GET OVER HERE

EDIT: Very lame edit Warren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom