Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have studied both Hun Gar and Tai Chi. I find the chinese styles very focused and rigid, though amazingly non linear :p

Hun Gar was a very vicious martial art, and it compliments my Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido very well.

Best answers
yes you never heard of wushu cause everybody knows it by the name of kung-fu but kung-fu means skills! and you can have skills in fishing and esf but wushu means "warart" (in dutch oorlogskunst) but i could be wrong cause i can not transelate that well in english. so wushu is warart and it is the right name for kung-fu and it rocks also but that is another statement :]

srry for edit but I just looked up rigid in the dictionnary and tai chi and hun gar may be rigid but wushu is everything else but rigid realy just ask jacky chan :] he is an expert in wushu (kunf-fu)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whan I saw your title, I thought of Washu from my fav anime :/

Havent heard of this. Is it mainlky defensive or attacking?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Fenumeher
yes you never heard of wushu cause everybody knows it by the name of kung-fu but kung-fu means skills! and you can have skills in fishing and esf but wushu means "warart" (in dutch oorlogskunst) but i could be wrong cause i can not transelate that well in english. so wushu is warart and it is the right name for kung-fu and it rocks also but that is another statement :]

srry for edit but I just looked up rigid in the dictionnary and tai chi and hun gar may be rigid but wushu is everything else but rigid realy just ask jacky chan :] he is an expert in wushu (kunf-fu)
You missed the message between the lines ;)

Wushu styles have a very set pattern, though the moves themselves are very flexible, the style itself is often not. Having set patterns to deal with set attacks.

I am aware that Wushu is the correct term for chinese martial arts :p

Best answers
it is both defensive and attacking. there are about 500 diffrent variations with each a diffrent number of possitions.
Like shaolin temple, I think there are about 30 possitions that can be expanded!

Best answers
I know of wushu I think its great to see in action but I'm into my aikido for now until I start to broaden my horizens.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i know wushu... though i prefer ninjitsu and jeet kun do i find them alot funner to study (especial all forms of ninjitsu... mmm sword combat)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Ryoko
Whan I saw your title, I thought of Washu from my fav anime :/
I thought the same thing too.

I haven't heard much of Wushu at all...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah wushu is just too much to remember its quite hard to learn though it is the hardest martal art to learn so i guess tats to be expected

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wushu is just one of the many different styles of kung fu

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No . . . Kung Fu is the improper word for Wushu. Wushu is as close a word as you get to "Martial Arts" in China.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
see thats why i dont take kung fu :p

Best answers
Chinese and other asian martial arts rock, the discipline rules and codes...but i resently stopped Tae kwondo and now i do Tae-kick boxing.

I can´t find a scool for Wushu or other F-sports

Best answers
Originally posted by Colgetto
Chinese and other asian martial arts rock, the discipline rules and codes...but i resently stopped Tae kwondo and now i do Tae-kick boxing.

I can´t find a scool for Wushu or other F-sports

>If you dont live far from belgium you can take lessons here
there are many schools here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom