WTH is WRONG with people anymore???

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, people know I like DBZ...a lot. So all the time, I check out a multitude of DBZ related things: DBZ vids on youtube, DBZ fanfics, DBZ mods, etc, etc. But at every twist and turn for the former two, I pass somebody's stupid fanfic or music video crossing over with the ONE anime I despise on principal: Sailor Moon.

Yeah, I know, there are a lotta x-over fan stuff out there, but that particular anime seems to pop up the most. Since I can safely ignore these, it's not usually a problem with me. But lately while glancing through the many youtube vids with "Dragonball" and "Funimation" in them, I chanced across a vid labeled "Sailor Moon OP - Dragonball Z Theme".

The first thing on my mind was "no you didn't...". Curiosity got the better of me, as I was desperate to know if these Sailor Moon fan-tards had actually wrecked a DBZ theme by mixing it with their trainwreck of an anime. To my absolute horror, it included, NOT Rock the Dragon, NOT Chala-Head-Chala, but decided to use the English dub opening theme by Bruce Faulconer, which for me is grounds for hanging.

I looked down at the comments to find relief in fellow DBZ fans shredding the vid (after washing my own eyes with bacon grease and hydrochloric acid and a little bit of Rambo's sweat), but was ultimately disappointed. One comment that was a red flag was something I've heard other crossover morons say "Oh, DBZ and SM just seem made for each other, huh?" to my further displeasure, I see other *******s aggreeing with 'em. My answer? No *****, the kickass rock n' roll techo themes don't go with your massively cliche'd over-rated chick-flick anime.

Really though, what is it that makes SM such a popular thing for idiots to crossover with DBZ??? there's a WHOLE DAMN SECTION dedicated to DBZ x SM crossover fanfics on fanfiction.net, and even THEN I STILL see thousands of them among the pure-DBZ fanfics! Really, someone explain! Neither anime have anything in ****ing common! They're like Venus and Mars! No scratch that, fire and ice. Damn, them even make ASTRONOMY seem lame with their tacky astrological concepts! "Ooh, what's your sign?" *elbow to the face* My sign??? Here's my sign!!!

IMAGE REMOVED: What makes you think you can get away with this? ~Engar

Because you KNOW the idiots who worship this crap are the same ones who invest in stock based entirely on if their horiscope claims Jupiter to be at a right angle to Mercury or some other such bull****. But I digress.

So do tell me, what makes the crossovers seem like good ideas? I can only guess that half of them are from stupid fangirls who want to see their favorite SM dunce bag a macho character from DBZ. Even Vegeta! For ****'S SAKE!!! Vegeta will VAPORIZE your airheaded SM character (especially the main character who's voice has the damndest dialect I've ever heard...like a Valley girl and...a Southerner mixed into one nails on a chalkboard home-grown dumbass bimbo) before he allows them to flirt with him; wtf makes you think this **** plausible???

ARGH!!! It pisses me off thinking about it!

(sorry, but I HAD tovent somehow...)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Sorry, J-Dude, but angry as you were that pic was going beyond your boundaries. Take this warning and try to remember that while cutting sarcasm is accepted - even encouraged - swearing and inflammotory pictures are frowned upon. :warning:

Personally, I'd find it hard to summon up the hate about fans of both series coming together.. I was never an SM fan but you have to admit that DBZ was every bit as ridiculous, at certain points.

Now Buffy/DBZ cross-overs where Vegeta gets beaten up by Buffy? Don't get me started..

Best answers
I think you're the one with the problem.

Honestly, why should what other people love and enjoy, bother you?, you treat Dbz like its gospel, and preach about Bruce Faulconer with fanatical devotion.

I could give you four pages on why I think the dub is rubbish and Faulconer's soundtrack is nothing but repetitive synth rock with as much emotional subtlety as a shovel to the face.

But I'm not going to, you know why?

Because I, like many other people on this planet, dont invest all of my emotions, every fibre of my bieng.

Into a cartoon

It is of no consequence to me of how you speak of Bruce Faulconer like he is a father figure, how his work is the pinnacle of human achievement or how he could easily beat my dad up.

Let people enjoy their Dbz SM crossover fanfics, your complaints will be completely warranted when we Sailorball Z graces our screens.

But until that happens, take Dbz off the damn pedestal.

Edit:
you KNOW the idiots who worship this crap are the same ones who invest in stock based entirely on if their horiscope claims Jupiter to be at a right angle to Mercury or some other such bull****
Yeah, you're right, that is ridiculous, everyone knows the real stock tips come from a burning bush, which is far more credible in every possible way.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=_= its a anime for crying out loud, a cartoon... a fiction story, ENTERTAINMENT.

And to see someone like you be that fed up by something silly like that, i'm sorry but that just goes too far, like I said, its an anime, entertainment, and its not as if its the origin of creation itself or something...

Even then, if people want to make fun of it, LET THEM...

If you get this mad, about something as insignificant like this, you should seriously consider about doing some soul searching.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Than people ask how others can come to the premiere of a new Star Wars movie dressed as Vader.

I see a similar patern. Who cares what crosovers people make. Its a friggin show. Now if it was YOUR idea then you could be angry. But since you had nothing to do with ti exept watch it than you have the right to the opinion but getting pissed over such crap is just rediculus.

Best answers
Youre saying all these bad things about Sailor moon, but DBZ isnt actually the king of Animes for the most of people, some people prefer Naruto or Bleach over DBZ, some People prefer Fate/Stay night over DBZ, And yes some people even prefer Sailor moon over DBZ.
Its not like if you love DBZ and hate SM, everybody else should do the same?
People are different and they have different tastes, youre bound to found something you dont like when you sail in vast space known as Internet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Sigh* You just don't get it do you?

EDIT: You know, I don't know why I bother with this forum. Here I expected some support by loyal DBZ fans, but obviously nobody here cares about DBZ from what I've seen. None of you are actual fans; you've moved on in favor of other newer animes and see DBZ like some fond childhood memory which you otherwise don't care about.

My concern is protecting DBZ's dignity. Honestly, I may just stop coming here. Everyone here is extremely rude, pompous and talk down to people as though they're any better than them. I don't think I've participated in more than a handful of conversations where I wasn't attacked, my BELIEFS weren't attacked and my PREFERENCES weren't attacked. I've been to a LOT of forums and this sort of thing never happens. You know why? Because people have mutual respect for each other. This forum is a battleground. Nobody respects each other, and half the topics become flame wars.

I can tell you I won't stand to be spoken to like this anymore. I'm done with it. Why should I say anything at all if I'm not going to get a civilized response? This post will probably be descended upon by another group of vultures within minutes, so be forewarned that I don't care about what you have to say anymore. I think the title of this topic says it all right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Sigh* You just don't get it do you?
Err just because you think something sucks doesn't mean everyone thinks it sucks. It's a matter of taste.
I don't like strwberry jelly mixed with cheese, but my mom loves it.
I don't run around the house "ZOMG you can't do that! asldjnsadjn"
If you get what I mean.btw: contrary to popular belief, DBZ isn't the greatest anime ever created >IMO<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err just because you think something sucks doesn't mean everyone thinks it sucks. It's a matter of taste.
I don't like strwberry jelly mixed with cheese, but my mom loves it.
I don't run around the house "ZOMG you can't do that! asldjnsadjn"
If you get what I mean.btw: contrary to popular belief, DBZ isn't the greatest anime ever created >IMO<
You know, I was TRYING to attract those who AGREED with me to this topic. You don't like it? Don't post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're actually pretty condescending yourself, man. Lighten up.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually it's because you have such strong views and opinions on Christianity and dbz that you can't stand to see someone elses opinion that might contradict yours and you lose it that is the only reason you feel you are getting attacked. When someone posts their opinion and you post your pro Christian views completely berating them for their opinion do you see them going crazy and leaving the forum? You need to give respect to earn respect simple as that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[S];854981 said:
Actually it's because you have such strong views and opinions on Christianity and dbz that you can't stand to see someone elses opinion that might contradict yours and you lose it that is the only reason you feel you are getting attacked. When someone posts their opinion and you post your pro Christian views completely berating them for their opinion do you see them going crazy and leaving the forum? You need to give respect to earn respect simple as that.
I give everyone I meet a defaulted bit of respect until my judgement can tell whether it's deserved. A large thing I look for IS those said strong views, particularly over religion, meshing with my own. It goes in levels, but religion is at the top of the list when it comes to who I choose to give respect. With all the liberals and Democrats running amock trying to destroy the foundations of my country, America, I HAVE to be careful as to who I consider friend.

It's not really "not being able to stand" opposing opinions, but when others grossly contradict the values of my belief system, which I always have and always will consider righteous and infallible, it becomes an age old battle of faith vs. heretic. I establish who is defending good, and who is defending evil. The evil ones get little sympathy from me in conversation. Because I think what I say is DESERVED.

Oh, by the way, the image of the constellation of "the finger" was actually meant as a joke. Trying to be funny! It's FUNNY! Oi ve'...

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should know its not only fan girls who watch SM and the funny thing is they say there was more males watching this show then females lol.

Personally I think your getting a little bent out of shape over this and need to cool your jets. I'm not a huge dbz fan I enjoyed it in my "childhood" but will I watch it again? The answer is probably no reason being I hated watching 50 episodes for one single fight to finish. The best though was the Namek blowing up, "You have 10 minutes till planet Namek blows up" Now in my mind the way the series was going I was like "Sh!t man another season before they finish this damn saga!!!" Though in actuality their time of 10 minutes was I believe 12 episodes. This is the main reason why I would not watch it again but hey thats just my opinion of course and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I moved onto other animes because the animations were much better and also there was a lot less dialog and a lot more action sequences which I enjoy more. Its annoying listening to two people talk for 15-20 minutes before they actually fight just talk when their fighting damn it!

Well theres my rant on dbz I'm sure I'll probably get a nasty reply back but hey to each his own right.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somehow hearing that more men watch the show doesn't surprise me...of course, that depends on what you call "watching". I think what caught those guys though wasn't really the attractiveness of the characters however, it was probably how it was suggested in the English themesong, as I seem to remember going "eh? 0_0" when I heard the part in said themesong God knows how many years ago that said "She's the one on who we can deep-end". Of course, that MAY have actually been a badly emphasized "depend", but guys seem to have taken it to heart, lol.

Really, I've just seen too much of it (the DBZ SM crossovers). I've NEVER seen such a popular crossover among fanworks, and I don't understand the mentality. I'm UTTERLY curious to know what makes the shows seem so compatible to others. I'm serious, I'd like an answer because...I just don't GET it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, I was TRYING to attract those who AGREED with me to this topic. You don't like it? Don't post.
Yea my opinion differs so I should just shut up?
And this is not meant to be offending, but you're pretty narrow minded if you just disrespect anyone that doesn't fit into your kind of "system".

On-topic: I liked DBZ when I was 12. Thought it was a great show then. I still like it somewhat, but I don't think it's the greatest thing invented.
Even if I did, I wouldn't bash anyone that doesn't like it or makes fun of it, because liking or not liking something depends on taste, something that differs from person to person.
Maybe there are people (not just little girls) that really like SM. Maybe it's just as uber godly awesome as you think DBZ is. Maybe they have a little Sm shrine at home.
And MAYBE they get just as pissed of as you get when someone makes fun of their favourite anime. Of cousre, SM sucks and nobody really likes it (except those stupid little girls that dress all in pink and think they're sailor jupiter).

/rant

Edit:
J-Dude said:
Really, I've just seen too much of it (the DBZ SM crossovers). I've NEVER seen such a popular crossover among fanworks, and I don't understand the mentality. I'm UTTERLY curious to know what makes the shows seem so compatible to others. I'm serious, I'd like an answer because...I just don't GET it...

Maybe they just like both shows and want to share their thoughts of what would happen if they ever meet? You don't have to understand, cause they seem to like it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Crazy Obsession over an anime - a little overboard.

Vendetta against what other people like and trying to judge them on how they should spend their time - extremely overboard.

People don't get pissed at you for what they like, they don't make their AMV's for you, they make them for themselves.

Chill.

Oh and you posted this on a public discussion board, not everyone has to agree with you, so unless their breaking board rules you can take your "don't like it, don't post" attitude to another forum.

With that logic...if you don't like the video...don't complain?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are no men who "obsess" over Sailor Moon. If there are, then I feel sorry for them.

About what J-Dude's saying; I would be pretty fed up, too. But, I wouldn't worry about this too much. Those SM fans are desperate, and they'll do whatever will draw some attention (mixing DBZ characters in with their fanart/fanfiction). Sailor Moon died in the late '90s, and it's quite obvious the interest didn't hold in the US much--they never even made a game of this repulsive series. And from what I remember, it never branched off into much else, either. Their merchandise was minimal as well, and probably only accumulated around 50 million (if I were to guess).

Another thing Sailor Moon fans whined about was the ratings Dragon Ball Z received on Toonami. It had almost 2x the amount of viewers (if my sources are correct-accumulating an astounding 6,000,000 viewers by the Buu saga!), and the same amount over any other show on the channel--and also among the highest-rated cartoons on any channel back in the early 2000s.

They *****ed, they whined & they probably wondered why it was so popular. What they need to realize is no one really cares about these chicks spinning around with dildo wands--the majority of these "action" cartoon viewers are male. The female, chick-flick animes never actually get anywhere, because of obvious reasons--and what's actually funny is, there are more women who obsess over characters from Dragon Ball Z; Vegeta, just to give you an example.

People like Alea suggested at one point that Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z -tied- with ratings in Japan. I did some research and found out this was inaccurate, and that Dragon Ball was leagues ahead of Sailor Moon, and any other anime for that matter; in terms of ratings & popularity. The popularity meter was the highest ever seen in Japanese entertainment. The thing is, Sailor Moon just has a big female fanbase. J-Dude. I don't know why you're getting so worked up about this, bro. People ("Otaku"), "harcore fans" will write fanstories, and from what I have read Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon have the most collective sort of fanfictions posted on the internet. So, it shouldn't matter what anime it is--people will write stories, that would appear to defame these characters, and blaspheme a lot in the process. It's junk that's floating in people's minds. :shocked: Knowing this is all purely fiction anyway, why does it matter?

About the videos. Sure it'd piss me off. Got a link? Either way though, I'm not gonna flood up the comment box with hatred and anger.

Originally Posted by J-Dude
Really, I've just seen too much of it (the DBZ SM crossovers).
Wouldn't that be better than DBZ x Naruto, or Naruto x Sailor Moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom