WTH is WRONG with people anymore???

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's amazingly funny about those games is that most of them aren't rated by readers and critics. There is one there that has been rated four times by users. What's even more amazingly funny is the fact there are no images. They were either never translated, or people just didn't give a crap to upload anything. I think this is only one of the most miniscule reasons why people don't give a flying crap about Sailor Moon.

Out of all the games that failed, none of them were really known by people in the US. Now, they're planning to make a Sailor Moon game on the Wii, even though the franchise is long since dead. The problem will be; it won't sell. I honestly wouldn't know how they'd make a game based on this series that would be enjoyable, in any way, shape or form. There are just not enough interesting elements in the story; they won't find a way to make the game interesting, interactive and not so focused in on the drama of the story.

Instead of the standard Teen rating label, they may want to stamp on there something like "FFOAA". For Females of All Ages

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh long ago i watched every SM ep. Well it was more repetative than DBZ but that time i liked it. Should i go hang myself or something?

In the end its all just a fake story made by some OTHER people. Its not like you go out of your way to kill someone jsut cause he is saying bad stuff about your favorite book.

To be blunt i dont really give a crap about what people do with stuff like that. But getting worked over something that isnt more than a memory is weird. I mean its a friggin memory. Its not like your memories are going to change just cause you saw something difrent right? If they do than it probably wasnt an important memory in the first place.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I give everyone I meet a defaulted bit of respect until my judgement can tell whether it's deserved. A large thing I look for IS those said strong views, particularly over religion, meshing with my own. It goes in levels, but religion is at the top of the list when it comes to who I choose to give respect. With all the liberals and Democrats running amock trying to destroy the foundations of my country, America, I HAVE to be careful as to who I consider friend.

It's not really "not being able to stand" opposing opinions, but when others grossly contradict the values of my belief system, which I always have and always will consider righteous and infallible, it becomes an age old battle of faith vs. heretic. I establish who is defending good, and who is defending evil. The evil ones get little sympathy from me in conversation. Because I think what I say is DESERVED.

Oh, by the way, the image of the constellation of "the finger" was actually meant as a joke. Trying to be funny! It's FUNNY! Oi ve'...
You just called them evil for being democrats does that sound like you're giving them respect. You'll have to face it sooner or later this amazing world of yours isn't yours alone it's everyones and it's shared with all different type of people and you'll have to put up with them weather you like it or not otherwise you're life is going to be extremely hard.

In fact your whole post is you judging people for their lifestyle isn't that against your religion? I'm not sure but you need to learn to be tolerant of other people and their opinion or you won't get along with anyone in your life.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I even actually played a Sailor Moon game for the GBC or it was the Super Nintendo, either way.. It was fun to play ^_^.. *shrugs*.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I used to watch Sailormoon.

Best answers
They're planning to make a Sailor Moon game on the Wii, even though the franchise is long since dead. The problem will be; it won't sell. I honestly wouldn't know how they'd make a game based on this series that would be enjoyable, in any way, shape or form. There are just not enough interesting elements in the story; they won't find a way to make the game interesting, interactive and not so focused in on the drama of the story.

Instead of the standard Teen rating label, they may want to stamp on there something like "FFOAA". For Females of All Ages
SM was extremely popular in Japan, it never reached the hieght of popularity like dbz did, but none the less, it did extremely well.

As for "it wont sell" you're right, it wont in America

Sailor Moon is revered as a classic, by many Anime fans in Japan to this very day, and to calculate its sales based on your dismissal on what alot of people think is a great show, is just ignorant.

I personally dont like the show, but I atleast acknowledge its popularity, instead of just comparing it (and everything else) to Dbz.

Dbz also had its day, its over, sure we're getting videogames, cd's, re-releases of what we've seen 100 times and that lovely One Piece/Dbz Crossover manga.

But claiming Dbz is still alive and well is wrong, thats like telling someone the 1980's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series is still going, just because you can find the lunch boxes and drink coasters at every department store on earth.

Dbz will always be popular, and there will always be a market for new merchandise.

Unfortunately that applies to Sailor Moon also.

EDIT:
when others grossly contradict the values of my belief system, which I always have and always will consider righteous and infallible, it becomes an age old battle of faith vs. heretic.
Honestly, you just complained about mutual respect, yet you judge others based on their belief system.

I hope one day you travel the world, and get a wake up call, just because you consider the teachings of the bible to be righteous and infallible, doesnt mean you are.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched Sailor Moon once when I was like 5 or 6, but I hated it even then. God what a stupid show that was...

@ J-Dude - Dude... this is the internet... grow up... Rant as you please, but it won't make a bit of difference. I hate a few of the people on this forum, but do you think if I told them how much I hated them, they would decide to cease living? No. Which kinda sucks, but hey... You can't have it the way you want it... ever... especially on the internet, where prepubescence mightily rules...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It's not really "not being able to stand" opposing opinions, but when others grossly contradict the values of my belief system, which I always have and always will consider righteous and infallible, it becomes an age old battle of faith vs. heretic. I establish who is defending good, and who is defending evil. The evil ones get little sympathy from me in conversation. Because I think what I say is DESERVED.
Matthew 7
1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

4 How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

lol bible

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Matthew 7
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

4 How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

lol bible
I think someone just won an argument... or something.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Magus: You know, sorry, but I don't know WHY it bothers me, it just makes my blood boil. When I get into something, like DBZ, it becomes an obsession. That's because I have Aspergers Syndrome. Look it up, it's related to Autism. Maybe then you'd know why I am the way I am.

@: Yes, I do consider Democrats evil in their own way. I said when I first meet someone I give them default respect, until I learn something that says otherwise. Democrats go hand in hand with liberals, who are generally known for their blasphemic and openly anti-Christian beliefs, pushing on the "Seperation of Church and State" bull**** which I do all I can where I am to fight. I can judge others without actually saying it. I'll be nice, I'll be friendly. Really, it's not their RELIGION that dictates my respect (I mis-spoke), it's whether their opinions and creed match those which I stand for. People trying to legalize abortion for instance, or people who want to proceed for all manner of unGodly sciences because they believe religion in general is foolish and hindering progress. The latter are my GREATEST enemies. I know as a Christian I'm supposed to be forgiveing and tolerant of those who openly oppose what I stand for, but I just can't. Because these people WILL NOT EVER CHANGE. It just doesn't HAPPEN.

@Mountain Dewd: I don't talk of religion and beliefs unless I see someone else challenging them. Other forums where I visit don't get into these topics, and even when, don't say things that will result in such flame wars. People here bring up the most controversial things and become so violent over them, because people here are rigid, unmoving and hard-wired. Where I visit, people's minds are open, and the whole community is extremely friendly with each other. Swearing is allowed, all number of discussions are allowed, and the moderators aren't fascists. The people who visit are in the age-group of 16-25 year olds, and the maturity level is amazing. I feel quite at home when I'm there. I've only gotten into a major flamewar perhaps twice, and it didn't last long because the people there are so mentally flexible.

@Spunky: Okay, one last thing to mention here, is that I've never said anything untrue while at this forum. Unlike the real-world, where I wouldn't dare say a lot of things I've admitted here, I have been honest about everything I've said. I haven't watered anything down to avoid offending people, I haven't bent to the will of others, like many here who will bite their tongues despite their core beliefs and opinions in order to remain omni-popular and look "professional" and "sophisticated". Guess what? Over the Internet, I don't CARE what people think of me. Freedom of speech is a crock anymore, what with political correctness and all this newspaper-worthy bunk about avoiding offending other people. Say what you will, but I speak the truth. I always throught voicing the truth and defending what matters was preferable to maintaining an "image" for the sake of others. You people have a problem with my opinions? Find someone who cares.

And for good measure, here's a little spin off a famous quote from the immortal Maddox:

"This post is about me and why everything I like is great. If you disagree with anything you find in this post, you are wrong...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, what's the point of opening a discussion in an Internet forum if you're whole approach is all about self-acclaiming the absolute truth, irregardless of conflicting issues?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People here bring up the most controversial things and become so violent over them, because people here are rigid, unmoving and hard-wired.
J-Dude said:
You people have a problem with my opinions? Find someone who cares.
Amazing. Read the first quote in this post, and then read your opening post. Then read the quote again, and read the second quote. You're exactly like what you described, and over something as ridiculous as Sailor Moon and the piece of crap you call DBZ. I've had a lot of flame wars in my time, and they're always fun for me because I know I don't actually believe what I'm saying. But you...you actually believe the crap you spout, which is a little scary. Especially when you bring your zealous "Christian ethics" into the picture.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It doesn't matter weather their religion or creed match yours or don't. Like i said before what gives you the right to judge other people and Magus found the quote i was looking for. My point is you said faith vs heretic if i wanted i could just as easily change it to fanatic vs rationality. See how full of propaganda your posts are.

You're not even thinking clearly anymore you're saying anyone who isn't pro Christian pro conservative pro dbz:rolleyes: in your eyes is trash. For no reason what so ever JUST because they don't follow the same faith as you. Doesn't your faith spread tolerance. It's the crazy democrats country JUST as much as it is yours and maybe in their eyes they are trying to do what is good for the country.

I'm not pro abortion but i can just as easily list points why women would want it. It is their body maybe they don't want to have a baby. end of discussion she doesn't have an abortion. See you can't say anyones opinion is wrong and then whine about people bashing your opinion it doesn't work that way.

You need to learn to be tolerant of other people to learn about accept peoples opinions and beliefs you have no right to insult anyones beliefs otherwise you're no better then the fanatics that caused 9/11 are you?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@: What gives ME the right to judge people? Nobody, I just can, same as anyone. You want to tell me YOU don't judge people, even if you don't make it public, then you sir, are a liar.

I follow my instincts about what "right" and "wrong" equal. And the democrats/liberals in my eyes are the enemy because of how they're trying to poison this country. So many people in our world concern themselves with such earthbound things and don't look at the big picture. Earthbound laws, regulations and other such crap mean nothing to me in the face of the laws of the almighty.

And do you think I haven't considered the women's perspective in abortion? Before, I may have symathized enough to not care, but then I heard about one man's recent vision, in which he spoke to God, and asked him about the river he saw nearby where children were cast adrift on. God's voice faultered as he explained they were the souls of children who were disposed of (ie: aborted). Sorry, but each soul, even that of a child conceived from rape, has a purpose. One of them may very well have been the one who was sent to cure cancer or AIDS. Not even given a chance, God's creation, thrown quite literally in the garbage. It cannot continue. But I digress...

Oh, I'm as tolerant as anyone friend. Just as much as any of you. The difference is I don't hide who I am. You all do.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay, people know I like DBZ...a lot. So all the time, I check out a multitude of DBZ related things: DBZ vids on youtube, DBZ fanfics, DBZ mods, etc, etc. But at every twist and turn for the former two, I pass somebody's stupid fanfic or music video crossing over with the ONE anime I despise on principal: Sailor Moon.

Yeah, I know, there are a lotta x-over fan stuff out there, but that particular anime seems to pop up the most. Since I can safely ignore these, it's not usually a problem with me. But lately while glancing through the many youtube vids with "Dragonball" and "Funimation" in them, I chanced across a vid labeled "Sailor Moon OP - Dragonball Z Theme".

The first thing on my mind was "no you didn't...". Curiosity got the better of me, as I was desperate to know if these Sailor Moon fan-tards had actually wrecked a DBZ theme by mixing it with their trainwreck of an anime. To my absolute horror, it included, NOT Rock the Dragon, NOT Chala-Head-Chala, but decided to use the English dub opening theme by Bruce Faulconer, which for me is grounds for hanging.

I looked down at the comments to find relief in fellow DBZ fans shredding the vid (after washing my own eyes with bacon grease and hydrochloric acid and a little bit of Rambo's sweat), but was ultimately disappointed. One comment that was a red flag was something I've heard other crossover morons say "Oh, DBZ and SM just seem made for each other, huh?" to my further displeasure, I see other *******s aggreeing with 'em. My answer? No *****, the kickass rock n' roll techo themes don't go with your massively cliche'd over-rated chick-flick anime.

Really though, what is it that makes SM such a popular thing for idiots to crossover with DBZ??? there's a WHOLE DAMN SECTION dedicated to DBZ x SM crossover fanfics on fanfiction.net, and even THEN I STILL see thousands of them among the pure-DBZ fanfics! Really, someone explain! Neither anime have anything in ****ing common! They're like Venus and Mars! No scratch that, fire and ice. Damn, them even make ASTRONOMY seem lame with their tacky astrological concepts! "Ooh, what's your sign?" *elbow to the face* My sign??? Here's my sign!!!

IMAGE REMOVED: What makes you think you can get away with this? ~Engar

Because you KNOW the idiots who worship this crap are the same ones who invest in stock based entirely on if their horiscope claims Jupiter to be at a right angle to Mercury or some other such bull****. But I digress.

So do tell me, what makes the crossovers seem like good ideas? I can only guess that half of them are from stupid fangirls who want to see their favorite SM dunce bag a macho character from DBZ. Even Vegeta! For ****'S SAKE!!! Vegeta will VAPORIZE your airheaded SM character (especially the main character who's voice has the damndest dialect I've ever heard...like a Valley girl and...a Southerner mixed into one nails on a chalkboard home-grown dumbass bimbo) before he allows them to flirt with him; wtf makes you think this **** plausible???

ARGH!!! It pisses me off thinking about it!

(sorry, but I HAD tovent somehow...)
This doesn't sound like the preachings of someone who is tolerant i think you hide behind religion a bit more then anyone else does here my friend.

I don't care how other people live their life. I'm not responsible for their actions only my own even to God. I don't judge them because that right isn't mine
@: What gives ME the right to judge people? Nobody, I just can, same as anyone. You want to tell me YOU don't judge people, even if you don't make it public, then you sir, are a liar.

Magus said:
Matthew 7

You just went against your religion did you not does this make you a heretic?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I follow my instincts about what "right" and "wrong" equal. And the democrats/liberals in my eyes are the enemy because of how they're trying to poison this country. So many people in our world concern themselves with such earthbound things and don't look at the big picture. Earthbound laws, regulations and other such crap mean nothing to me in the face of the laws of the almighty.

And do you think I haven't considered the women's perspective in abortion? Before, I may have symathized enough to not care, but then I heard about one man's recent vision, in which he spoke to God, and asked him about the river he saw nearby where children were cast adrift on. God's voice faultered as he explained they were the souls of children who were disposed of (ie: aborted). Sorry, but each soul, even that of a child conceived from rape, has a purpose. One of them may very well have been the one who was sent to cure cancer or AIDS. Not even given a chance, God's creation, thrown quite literally in the garbage. It cannot continue. But I digress...

Oh, I'm as tolerant as anyone friend. Just as much as any of you. The difference is I don't hide who I am. You all do.

All humans judge and classify other humans and everything around them. It's human nature. It doesn't make it right for you to say "YOU ARE A PIECE OF GARBAGE! A ****ING HERETIC!" though. It says so in the book you supposedly live by.

Earthbound things like a retarded cartoon about people who magically become Super Aryan warriors? See, the thing about making judgments is you're not supposed to cast stones at someone for doing something, and then turn around and do the same or a variation of that thing. That makes you a hypocrite; that makes you two-faced. I won't address the crazy religious part because I'll probably get warned for tearing apart organized religion.

So you're against women choosing between abortion because some guy claimed to have a vision, where God was so human, that his voice faultered? I don't think men with mental disabilities should have penises. I think we should have anyone with a mental disability castrated immediately. What? You'd rather keep your penis? I don't care, man. We can't have people poisoning the genetic pool with demons (that's what mental disabilities are anyway; demons poisoning your mind). My cousin had a dream once, and in it, he saw a lake full of lost spirits. He asked God why they were there, and God looked at him. "Those are the demons that could have destroyed mankind from within had they been allowed to fornicate." My cousin said that seemed kinda messed up, and God (who is just light) got really shiny and killed my cousin in the dream. Something about not questioning your lord and savior, ever, because if he wanted to hear our opinions or allow us to change the way we do things, he would have given us something crazy like free will. That's so crazy.

You are not tolerant. You hide behind the guise of tolerance and hide behind the concept of religion. You're as bad as we are, if not worse. I don't pretend to be something I'm not. I'm a ****. I'm an *******. I embrace those characteristics. I'm not telling you to embrace what you really are. I'm just saying don't pretend you're superior to anyone else when you know the opposite to be true.

@ S: Technically, he is a heretic. He is following the rules of man, not the rules of "the almighty". Jesus and God don't say abortion is evil.. That's an issue brought up by conservative politicians. He just happens to be one of the people who ate that **** right up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DBZ needs to die. Seriously. Sailor Moon was annoying, but at least it knew when to disappear. DBZ is the type of crap kids love, what with the flashy effects and that "I can do anything if I put my mind to it!" attitude, and will probably never disappear until kids learn to appreciate higher forms of art.

Like Marvel comics.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, I'm not sinless like Jesus, so therefore I'm not allowed to say anything righteous in the name of my God? Just to point something out, I didn't call anyone present a single name, or judge anyone here either. That makes YOUR judgement of ME totally worthless. I'm truly loyal only to my religion, and then my country after that, unless it goes astray. Like I said, I don't CARE what religion someone is who I've met as long as they check out along my moral compass, which the overwhelming majority do. It's only people like aetheists who decide it's THEIR job to single-handedly bring down religion that I take issue with. Those people are usually liberals, and most liberals are Democrats. You want to call me intolerant in THAT case and try hitting me with stupid **** about "Super Aryans"? Implying of course that you want to make me out as some kind of fascist ****? **** you. I don't hide behind religon. I'm PROUD of my religion, and when people go directly against it, I get steamed because I'm a Christian. You want to call that a lie, then you can shove it up your ass. I'm no saint, Hell I'm as much of a sinner as they come, and I do have weaknesses toward obeying certain parts of my religion, but I still love my God.

Oh, and regardless of the guy's vision, it's STILL not right to kill off unborn children. You won't sway me there. If the girl gets pregnant on accident, then too bad, you fooled around and you got hosed. You've got a big new responsibility now, but once all is said and done you'll be stronger for it, and have someone to share the world with. If the girl gets pregnant by rape, then I feel sorry for you, but the kid can't choose it's father, so don't punish it to spite him.

EDIT: You know what, someone close this thread. This stupid argument isn't what I hoped to gain here, and it'll get closed anyway. Frankly I'm sick of people right now.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do know that you are supposed to be living in a democracy right? There are no enemies in democracy.

Surely you must realise, the next person has as much right as you do in saying what they believe in. I'm not attacking religion here, but sometimes, people who think they are living for a higher purpose with tremendous amounts of faith, obstruct themselves from seeing that no matter what they believe in themselves, it doesn't mean it is right for everyone and it certainly shouldn't be enforced on people.

I know, things get controversial on this forum quite a bit and I myself have many times probably stood up for things as I believed, and said things pretty out of term. I've tried to cling on to reasoning and my understanding as some kind of way of trying to have an influence on others opinion and maybe that isn't much different. However, I like to think I at least learn something from it, whether it may be the most trivial arguments like "x vs x" or whether capital punishment is wrong. There are things I've learned, opinions I've heard and shared which I personally found have educated me more than if I'd sat back and kept what I thought to myself, and I hope... others might feel the same. The kind of arguments you spur on though, seem to have a very clear incentive, all backed up by your faith and beliefs, in which you put yourself on a pedestal allowing anyone with a differing opinion to offend you, in which you attack at long lengths, because your beliefs and your faith set a basis for your pride. Faith is a great thing, but you have to learn in debating an issue, things are flexible, however faith is set in stone, so either learn to tolerate others opinions or get used to attacks on your pride.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically, you're a feminist.

You had a bad experience with 3 liberals, and now you hate the whole lot. Guess you defacto hate me too then, I'll never vote conservative. I'm also Jewish, does that make me a double threat guy?

I hate organized religion. Especially when it preaches tolerance, yet spreads hate, and you're a walking pamphlet.

Know when the last time I saw a 19 year old get this flustered over Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z, children's cartoons? Never. You're the first, congratulations.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, I'm not sinless like Jesus, so therefore I'm not allowed to say anything righteous in the name of my God? Just to point something out, I didn't call anyone present a single name, or judge anyone here either. That makes YOUR judgement of ME totally worthless. I'm truly loyal only to my religion, and then my country after that, unless it goes astray. Like I said, I don't CARE what religion someone is who I've met as long as they check out along my moral compass, which the overwhelming majority do. It's only people like aetheists who decide it's THEIR job to single-handedly bring down religion that I take issue with. Those people are usually liberals, and most liberals are Democrats. You want to call me intolerant in THAT case and try hitting me with stupid **** about "Super Aryans"? Implying of course that you want to make me out as some kind of fascist ****? **** you. I don't hide behind religon. I'm PROUD of my religion, and when people go directly against it, I get steamed because I'm a Christian. You want to call that a lie, then you can shove it up your ass. I'm no saint, Hell I'm as much of a sinner as they come, and I do have weaknesses toward obeying certain parts of my religion, but I still love my God.

Oh, and regardless of the guy's vision, it's STILL not right to kill off unborn children. You won't sway me there. If the girl gets pregnant on accident, then too bad, you fooled around and you got hosed. You've got a big new responsibility now, but once all is said and done you'll be stronger for it, and have someone to share the world with. If the girl gets pregnant by rape, then I feel sorry for you, but the kid can't choose it's father, so don't punish it to spite him.

EDIT: You know what, someone close this thread. This stupid argument isn't what I hoped to gain here, and it'll get closed anyway. Frankly I'm sick of people right now.
I rest my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom