Wrath of the Lich King

Best answers
Picking it up in 10 minutes. Pre-ordered it, so I should have a copy for sure (if they end up having the same ****ty distribution as their other releases). My excitement has long gone, as I was in the beta, though I'm still looking really forward to it (unlike TBC, which was suck on a stick)

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
Meh, another WoW expansion? The game has too many expansion packs >_>. And I find it rather stupid that people that pay for the game have to buy every damn expansion pack in order to play it. They should just get it for free, imo.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I am gonna play retail on summer. YES I WILL!
Can I level up to 70 and gear up my char in 3 months?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yes, Installing it as we speak.

Beer, check.
Coke, check.
Pizza, check.
Energy drinks, check.
Foobar2000, check.
Excited ? Check.

I'm taking at least 2 levels today. :p

Lukyas ; Yes, you can level up to 70 indefinitely at around one month if you quest.
You get blue / green gear from those quests as well, so don't bother to gear up until lvl 80 when end game content requires it.
Only tier 6 and sunwell gear will last to Naxx 25's, and they are replaced there fast with the drops of course.

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh?

It doesn't work like that.
The guild I'm in is a hardcore raiding guild, and you must have the gear and experience to join.

Frostmane is full already , too. :C

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:( sad day for me, I'm not getting it, already let wow have enough of my lifetime, I'm not gonna touch this expansion. As much as I would love too, I know I'd lose my soul.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, another WoW expansion? The game has too many expansion packs >_>. And I find it rather stupid that people that pay for the game have to buy every damn expansion pack in order to play it. They should just get it for free, imo.
Yeah, two expansions is far too many for a game to have. :rolleyes:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So, does this expansion add anything that'd appeal to the player that prefers going solo (only grouping up when necessary, like for dungeons), and doesn't bother to enlist in a guild (built-in grouping features should, after all, be more than enough to get a player through a dungeon; guilds should be optional), or is it just more of the same?

Best answers
what about everquest and its 10 different expansions? Isn't that to many?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So, does this expansion add anything that'd appeal to the player that prefers going solo (only grouping up when necessary, like for dungeons), and doesn't bother to enlist in a guild (built-in grouping features should, after all, be more than enough to get a player through a dungeon; guilds should be optional), or is it just more of the same?
As with TBC really you would really need a guild to do anything past 5 man dungeons and heroics. However, they've now made it so you can do all the 25 man raids as 10 man raids, which will mean more pugging (none guild groups) and allow for smaller guilds to be able to see end-game content. Before you'd have to be in a large well organised guild and show commitment to the guild and personal progress to get a spot in a raid, but 10 mans are much more easier for a casual player to find a place in and so this should be a great opportunity for those who aren't hardcore players.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Maj should look into Death Knights.

As far as my spoils, I'll be getting this game very soon.

My SPRIEST is excited as well.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
I pity you all.

happy <strike>wasting your life</strike> raiding

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Maj should look into Death Knights.
I thought I read somewhere that you need at least one 50+ character in order to get a Death Knight in a given realm.

If that's the case, I'm not grinding my way up to that 50+ mark; I quit just after 40, and that took months, which was more than enough time spent (read: wasted) in WoW for my liking.

If what Skiwan described is the only concession made for people who don't care to get involved with very large, very structured guilds, then I doubt Death Knights are enough to make me consider renewing my subscription :p

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, until you reach end level, the game doesn't really begin. Nobody does low end dungeons unless in guilds for boosts, since its quicker to level through quests than going to a dungeon for 2 hours and getting 1/4 of an xp bar with only a possibility of loot that you'll probably exchange for a green in 5-10 levels. At end level there's plenty of dungeons (i think its like 12 or something, not sure) that you can go in with just random people in the LFG system, If you're a tank or a healer you can get a group for almost any dungeon in minutes (I used to tank, and i just had a friends list full of healers), but for DPS classes you might struggle to find a tank/healer for 30 mins or so.

The raid number change is quite a big one if you think about at lvl 60 raids used to require 40 people, now the endgame raids can be done with just 10, however even organising 10 people can be a challenge at times, but I ran a small guild and we could go pretty much everyday if we wanted.

Don't get me wrong I hate the game for how much it damaged my life (I mean I went for pretty much 1 and a half years without drawing or modeling or anything, and that's really effected my progress), but as far as games go, It's still one of my favourites.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't blame a game for ruining your life. It's your own fault you liked it that much. :p

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I actually blame it for anything? I started with admitting how terrible my self control is. I shouldn't have played it so much, that's why I'm never playing it again.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll eventually come back. You can't resist. Muahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom