Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol i was thinking the same but damn it would lag like hell XD

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's make a map that can support 10,000 players.

Oh yeah, it'll be expensive to host that server, but once I get rich...mm, totally. It'd be ESF: The MMO

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Let's make a map that can support 10,000 players.

Oh yeah, it'll be expensive to host that server, but once I get rich...mm, totally. It'd be ESF: The MMO
then what are you waiting for, go on get rich already. XD

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
well i believe max should be 20-30 players///

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think the maps will have limit, and when esf final will be released, we can't fly that high... (Actualy it will be better to fly this higher)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know, though do correct me if I am wrong, the mapping system is already pretty much done. Map models will have no 'size' limits, they will have a 70,000 poly limit. And there will be an...entity of some sort which will limit the playable area. But maps will be many times larger than they are in the current 1.2.3 version. Expect massive maps.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron basically nailed it. In ESF you can have maps as big as you want them to be. But do you really want to have to die, then fly 10 minutes to where everyone is to fight again?... not really :p

So the boundary limits keep the battle grounds tight and intense :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As far as I know, though do correct me if I am wrong, the mapping system is already pretty much done. Map models will have no 'size' limits, they will have a 70,000 poly limit. And there will be an...entity of some sort which will limit the playable area. But maps will be many times larger than they are in the current 1.2.3 version. Expect massive maps.
if you read the comments on the page i sent grega explain pretty much what you just said maps WILL be that big but there will be boundry some kind of animated wall around the area you can play.....well let me show you XD http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/animated-map-textures#imagebox when it says map boundry fx well that the wall

Last edited:
Best answers
i think people should really start to read comments and descriptions, if you read description, its says something like this, "in this movie we took the boundaries of the map off" and in a comment it says "if there were no boundaries, the map would think you were in a void, wich would blow your beams right in your face, this if fixable, but then the beams would fly for eternety and lag the server"...

btw i do not mean to offend anyone with this comment, its just to clear things up, sorry for my english :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this was fixed a long time ago.
Yes it was fixed by making a boundary. Did you ever try to get out of that box and shoot a beam after that?

As for what the boundary is. Its a cube model With an animated texture slapped onto it. No entity or anything like that. Just a plain old cube model. Off course you can have spheres or any other form you want. But we use cubes. So yea the mapper has to put the boundary there manually. And he has to assign a texture to it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes it was fixed by making a boundary. Did you ever try to get out of that box and shoot a beam after that?

As for what the boundary is. Its a cube model With an animated texture slapped onto it. No entity or anything like that. Just a plain old cube model. Off course you can have spheres or any other form you want. But we use cubes. So yea the mapper has to put the boundary there manually. And he has to assign a texture to it.
you mean like the vid i posted XD anyway what i like more about these new map is the color it looks even more like the anime the 1.2.3 map where boring whit not enough color now there just like the anime and that a cool improvement lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah in city I got out of the map and beam jumped from the island back to the city to make it faster, then stood on top of the boundary cause i couldn't get back in.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sicron basically nailed it. In ESF you can have maps as big as you want them to be. But do you really want to have to die, then fly 10 minutes to where everyone is to fight again?... not really :p

So the boundary limits keep the battle grounds tight and intense :)
yeh but it would be cool actually and the higher your powerlevel the faster you can fly :) that would make it cool :D a high powerlevel dude will fly very fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom