Best answers
ok i know nothing about mapping but tell me if this would work for a map like king kai's planet cause people say half-life doesnt support multiple gravity sources

make the map 4 rooms and break the planet into the 4 peices and make huge doorways (that look like background) and when u walk through them u would end up on the next part of his planet

so u break the planet into 4 parts and when u walk through one door it brings u into another map that has the exact same shape but with different texture like 1 could have the house and the car and the rest could be empty.

Best answers
no

As far as I know, ESF does not support level transitions (you can't switch from one .bsp to another). The only place such a thing is possible is in HL single player. Now if you wanted all those parts in the same map with teleports, it could be done. And they are correct, gravity can only be made to go up or down, and the player will only be able to stand upright...not upside down. (Catch that?) So basically if your gravity was say, negative 800 (opposite of normal), you would hit the ground above you, yes...but it would just act like the ceiling; you'd smack yer head and not be able to run on it.

So bla bla bla and uh, yeah. The only way for such a map is splitting it up into parts so it all coincides with normal gravity.

Best answers
That is possible if you create the 4 sections of the map with the teleport entity attatched...
However my personal opinion is it would look right... Just to small a space to use it on...

Best answers
strykers right. in order to do that you would need to build the 4 different section of the map, and try to fit them onto the Grid in Worldcraft/hammer.

And to be honest the grid isnt that big. at least not big enough to create 4 big levels.

i used this map idea in Day of Defeat. and it worked ok but it was only 2 maps on th one grid instead of 4. but as i said stryker is correct.

Good thinking though

Best answers
eH??!!

Originally posted by Kamikaze Wufei
Now if you wanted all those parts in the same map with teleports, it could be done.
I said it first....:cry:

Nobody pays attention to me?!

*runs to a corner and sobs*

Best answers
The map dbz_capsule has 2 different areas of gravity, but one is an enclosed room and the other is the rest of the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom