-Worthless- XB360 Memory Card

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly. What is the point of these? I have the nice version of the 360 with the hard drive, but I still want to be able to take my save games to another person's 360.

So I buy a memory card--a total rip off at $40 for 64MB--and I put it in my 360, ready to transfer my save games. So I try to move the files, and what does it say?

"This item cannot be transferred between storage devices."

I'm sorry, but what in the FLYING... ... .. is a memory card for, that you can't transfer save games on? I'm supposed to create my save game on the card, and never transfer it? ****ing stupid. And the thing, completely empty, only has 52MB free. -19%- overhead? Worthless product.

Honestly, there must be a way to transfer save games. What the hell was Microsoft thinking??

Best answers
That is pretty stupid. However, I never thought anyone would actually need a memory card for the Xbox 360 to begin with.
I always thought the removable " HD " was the new way of transfering your " game saves "; Just in case you decided to take your " game saves " with you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had no problems with mine. You must have done it wrong or something.

Plus it won't let you copy files to another Xbox unless you retrieve your profile off of Xbox live on it. Otherwise the files won't work. Some great anti-cheat stuff in place there (sucked when I wanted to give my brother my wrestling game CAW's, though).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets say hypothetically, one didnt buy the premium console.

the memory card would have all sorts of uses

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets say hypothetically, one didnt buy the premium console.

the memory card would have all sorts of uses
Let's say, hypothetically, splitting a console into two versions is a bad idea.

Anyways, Alea, is there anyway to return the card?
P.S You're still cool =O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly. What is the point of these? I have the nice version of the 360 with the hard drive, but I still want to be able to take my save games to another person's 360.

So I buy a memory card--a total rip off at $40 for 64MB--and I put it in my 360, ready to transfer my save games. So I try to move the files, and what does it say?

"This item cannot be transferred between storage devices."

I'm sorry, but what in the FLYING... ... .. is a memory card for, that you can't transfer save games on? I'm supposed to create my save game on the card, and never transfer it? ****ing stupid. And the thing, completely empty, only has 52MB free. -19%- overhead? Worthless product.

Honestly, there must be a way to transfer save games. What the hell was Microsoft thinking??
I happen to agree with you. Microsoft's been pissing a lot of people off, and lately I've been wondering why they never worked out the moving issues; if you move the console when there's a game inside the system destroys the disc. My friend brought his over with Lost Planet, the system was knocked over... and it created a huge scratch in the shape of a circle on the bottom side of the disc. The system wouldn't play it anymore so we had Gamecrazy fix the scratches and it still didn't work. So he lost $62 because Microsoft 1) is lazy, and 2) tried to cram too much into their "Next Gen" system without thoroughly testing and fixing a lot of its issues. I'd say people are losing a lot of money and/or hardware over the next gen consoles; broken television screens, overheating, exploding, vaporizing, & disc-eating systems--massive powersupplies/crank up the electric bill, etc. Plus, additional expenses... XBox Live. It's not bad enough you're paying for your own internet but you're also charged just to play their ****ty, buggy games online. Quite honestly, I don't think they can maintain the system--they're aiming too high when they don't have the resources to keep it performing the way it's supposed to. (And I speak for all consoles in the running, especially the PS3)

EDIT: I'm not too fond of the Xbox marketplace either--they're basically trying to encourage you to play games 24/7, to earn a few "Microsoft"/"Gamer" points that don't seem to get you anything you couldn't get elsewhere for a few bucks... which would be less aggravating than sitting through months of frustrating gameplay. *Shrug* Don't mind me *****ing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you move the console when there's a game inside the system destroys the disc. My friend brought his over with Lost Planet, the system was knocked over... and it created a huge scratch in the shape of a circle on the bottom side of the disc.
Just thought i'd point out, there's a huge difference between moving a console, and knocking it over. Obviously knocking it over will have some negative effects on whatever is inside the casing, hardware or not. So.. I don't get your point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The system wouldn't play it anymore so we had Gamecrazy fix the scratches and it still didn't work. So he lost $62 because Microsoft 1) is lazy, and 2) tried to cram too much into their "Next Gen" system without thoroughly testing and fixing a lot of its issues.
Alright so you dropped the thing on the ground while it was running and you're mad it broke the game? Throw your computer off your desk sometime while it's playing a DVD, let me know what happens when it hits the floor.

Your clearly uneducated on the Xbox, especially since your complaints are not really rooted in reality. Xbox Live is not only the best console online service, it is one of the best online gamer services I've ever used PERIOD -- PC or otherwise. Also the "added expenses" is unfounded...if you buy a card for 50-60 bucks that's less than five bucks a month for a year of Xbox Live. Less than world of warcraft, which I'm sure you have either have or had at some point, as most people have.

All of my games are lag free except the one poorly coded wrestling game...and even that is only that way because it is a graphically-enhanced PS2 game with outsourced netcode. Some Xbox games are actually better than their PC counterparts (Battlefield 2 jumps to mind).

You obviously don't get the Gamer Points thing either. That is just a way for you to tell if the people you are playing with are similar in skill level. I find it to be incredibly helpful. I play with people who have similar points to me all the time and I always have an even, fair game. Better yet, almost universally, all of the games I play on Xbox Live are cheat free. With built-in unlaggy voice chat. And e-mail. And voicemail. And a preferred server setup. And a preferred player list. And a complaint filing system. And endless demo downloads. And universal server browsing with player invites.

Yeah. Totally not worth 4 dollars a month...right?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The topic is memory cards. There is another more general thread in which to complain about awkward disc scratching and Xbox live, yahr.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you dont want to shell out another 107 dollars for the hard drive then the memory card is the way to go.

also, you can take your memory card to those 360 vendors and download stuff then take it home and save it onto your console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it scratched a game when it was moved before, although that time when I had it repaired it worked again. But, you're right about everything else - it's merely an opinion, and I'm angry, so I wouldn't let it upset you too much... regardless of how wrong you think I am.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's say, hypothetically, splitting a console into two versions is a bad idea.

Anyways, Alea, is there anyway to return the card?
P.S You're still cool =O
I took it back to GameStop for a refund--the manager tried to tell me "since it's opened, you can only return it for an identical item." So I pointed out that on the receipt, it says: "Opened accessories and used games may be returned within 7 days." The manager glared at me, and accused me of "getting my own use out of it, and returning it." Even if that's what I -was- doing (which it wasn't), the freaking thing doesn't do what it should do, and their policy is what it is. He begrudgingly gave me a refund, and insisted that he transfered his save games back and forth from his friend's 360. I should have demanded he pop a used game in the display console and prove it, but I didn't think of it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I should have demanded he pop a used game in the display console and prove it, but I didn't think of it.
Why not just do that when you go back? If it really doesn't work on another console, then no reason to bother with memory cards. But if it does, you may have to find a way for it to work on your 360, unless the memory card was dysfunctional anyway. Or the item you were trying to drag was specifically made to be nontransferable.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had no problems with mine. You must have done it wrong or something.

Plus it won't let you copy files to another Xbox unless you retrieve your profile off of Xbox live on it. Otherwise the files won't work. Some great anti-cheat stuff in place there (sucked when I wanted to give my brother my wrestling game CAW's, though).
I really think you're mistaken, or maybe the games you tried to copy were different. I tried DOA4, Viva Pinata and Gears of War. Each time, I'd go into the save games on the hard drive and try to copy (also tried "move") to the MU, and each time it would say "this item cannot be transfered."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, that's exactly what I did, granted only with the WWE game, but it worked fine. it just wouldn't load onto my bro's 360 because my profile wasn't downloaded to it. The problem was pretty easily solved by me doing a Retrieval of my Gamertag from Xbox Live on his console, then disconnecting it from the internet. Yeah, he has to log in as me when he wants to play, but still. I had no problems copying the game files onto the card, it was getting them off again afterward.

You have to be careful in there; there's lots of stuff that looks like saves that are really themes, icons, etc. I know how sharp you are, so I doubt you made that error, but if it helps at all, I had to copy ALL of my WWE game's existence off my drive. I couldn't, for example, take one item from it's several items of saves, etc. Maybe that will help?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried copying everything at once--still the same problem. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes anti-cheat isn't always helpful...

There is a device you can buy which lets you transfer your files to your actual computer. I imagine if you got that you could put them on the other Xbox from there.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw that there's something that'll let you transfer files from a -memory- card onto the PC.. but if you created the game on the console itself, you can't do anything. =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom