Worst Moments in Games (Spoilers)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are some of your worse moments in games?

I had a lot of these moments:

Resident Evil 2 - The second time I played through this game, I made it all the way to where you have to fight William Birkin for the last time as Leon Kennedy in Case A before the facility exploded. I was ready to take on this final boss and finally beat the game. I entered into the room where Birkin awaited and I was more than ready to take him on. I aimed my shotgun up, right at his head, and pushed the fire button, but... my shotgun didn't fire. I ran to the other side of the room, buying myself time to switch to my pistol... only to find out that I have no ammo at all... for any weapon.

I figured that this wasn't a big deal, I can backtrack through my saved games and see if I had ammo in the storage chest. Unfortunately, the storage chest in the second-to-last saved game was ammo-less. So, to this very day, I have yet to beat Resident Evil 2.

9Dragons - This game is a free MMORPG set in a Martial Art fantasy world. I had a quest that required me to find a comb that was supposedly next to a tombstone and then bring it back to the NPC. I figured this was no big deal, so I set off to find the tombstone. Eventually, I came to an area that had more than one tombstone, though no comb in sight. I thought to myself, "maybe one of the tombstones needs to be destroyed in order for the comb to drop". So, I started whacking away at one of the tombstones to find out that for some reason, the tombstone had a high hit point and defense rating.

Every successful hit dealt little damage against this thing, but it still brought it's health down, so I continued whacking at it. About ten minutes later, with the tombstone down to about 80%, one of the nearby mobs decides to attack me. Unfortunately, these mobs were high leveled, so I had to flee away a couple of times to regain my health points back. Once I dealt with the mob, I went back to destroying this stupid tombstone. About thirty minutes and seven mob attacks later, I finally had the tombstone down to about 2%. A few more whacks, and the comb will drop. I destroyed the tombstone, but no comb dropped.

I ran back into the nearest town to buy my usual stock of healing items and then I ran back to the tombstone area to try another one. After going through the same stuff as with the first tombstone, I finally manage to break it, but no comb. Interesting enough, when I started working on the third tombstone, more and more players started showing up, picking a tombstone and whacking at it. Some tombstones even had four players attacking it at once. It wasn't until a little later that I found out the the quest I'm trying to complete is bugged and that the comb has a 10% chance of dropping from any tombstone.

So, I spent the next ten days destroying tombstones to finish this stupid quest. I even died a couple of times from the mobs overwhelming me, causing me to lose my experience points towards the next level. Eventually, a comb dropped and I rushed to give it to the NPC to finish the quest. After I gave the comb to the NPC, she disappeared. I thought that was pretty odd, so I went into town and one of the NPCs had an exclamation point over his head. I went to talk to him and he told me that the person who requested the comb (after my character told him about the quest) died a long time ago.

Needless to say, I wasn't too happy about that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Zone of the Enders 1, when you reach the end, you're in a space station. You fight one of the enemy bosses, kick her ass, then get assaulted by the final boss.

The thing is, you can't beat him, no matter what you do. He's impossible to defeat.

The game ends when some of your mates blast a hole in the station, allowing you to escape.

Yeah, that sucked. :p

But ZOE2 more than made up for it. <3

Best answers
In battle for middlearth 2 for the PC, me and a teammate let someone get the ring without assaulting them to get it back, big mistake i tell ya, cause i had a force on mordor of goblins+drakes+the dragon bonus so i could take every enemy he threw at me, plus i had the mountain giant turrets+the unit so he couldn't touch me and my teammate knew it, then it happened...

She came, and by the gods she brought a horror with her, the tornados the light! it burned!

Not even my dragon was enough to stop her, but he did stop all the units he sent, the game ended in a draw when neither sides could stop the other, my goblins were always in mass supply, and after the ring fight he saw he couldn't touch me, i took him and his friends army out, my teammate was still getting his bearings from the last assault.

But in all that is my most hated of moments, my beautiful army decimated by that wind wench =(.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - When you basically come to terms with the fact that Nemesis has to make a cameo every 5 minutes, and you are basically wasting your ammo on him... just run away.

Superman 64 - Flying around for a bit, then gritting your teeth as you come to terms with the rings you have to fly through to advance.

Devil May Cry 3 - JUST TRYING TO BEAT IT... WTF!!!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - The lowrider race... I have such bad luck with these race/speed missions on GTA, and the fact you're driving with the horrible handle of a lowrider... it took me 2 days to beat it. I really can't stand GTA for those race missions.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GTA SA: I did first two towns, and then somehow it all desappeard. I was so mad so I quit playin it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aerith dying in Final Fantasy VII.

That sucked. Hard.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When my two memort cards were deleted because of a Viewtiful Joe Demo CD >=(

Losing all my Pokemon Yellow data when I used a gameshark =(

Trying for hours in Super Smash Brothers Melee to get Sonic by beating 20 people in "cruel melee" or something.

Best answers
I love Deus Ex. But cant play the game without cheats past a certain level coz it has this realistic water and I'm hydrophobic. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doing one of those large quests at Guild Wars, without any human players. I was busy with it for like an hour because my level wasn't that high, I was almost done with the quest, and I was running towards the final gate that I had to enter...and...my internet crapped out on me, crashed and I had to redo the quest. Annoying as hell.

Best answers
You must of been one of the lucky ones to have the AI actually let you get through a quest in 1 hour, yeesh normally took me at least 3+ with just AI as a necro/ranger.

Summoned like crazy, and buffed, but still wasn't enough lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
9Dragons - This game is a free MMORPG set in a Martial Art fantasy world. I had a quest that required me to find a comb that was supposedly next to a tombstone and then bring it back to the NPC. I figured this was no big deal, so I set off to find the tombstone. Eventually, I came to an area that had more than one tombstone, though no comb in sight. I thought to myself, "maybe one of the tombstones needs to be destroyed in order for the comb to drop". So, I started whacking away at one of the tombstones to find out that for some reason, the tombstone had a high hit point and defense rating.

Every successful hit dealt little damage against this thing, but it still brought it's health down, so I continued whacking at it. About ten minutes later, with the tombstone down to about 80%, one of the nearby mobs decides to attack me. Unfortunately, these mobs were high leveled, so I had to flee away a couple of times to regain my health points back. Once I dealt with the mob, I went back to destroying this stupid tombstone. About thirty minutes and seven mob attacks later, I finally had the tombstone down to about 2%. A few more whacks, and the comb will drop. I destroyed the tombstone, but no comb dropped.

I ran back into the nearest town to buy my usual stock of healing items and then I ran back to the tombstone area to try another one. After going through the same stuff as with the first tombstone, I finally manage to break it, but no comb. Interesting enough, when I started working on the third tombstone, more and more players started showing up, picking a tombstone and whacking at it. Some tombstones even had four players attacking it at once. It wasn't until a little later that I found out the the quest I'm trying to complete is bugged and that the comb has a 10% chance of dropping from any tombstone.

So, I spent the next ten days destroying tombstones to finish this stupid quest. I even died a couple of times from the mobs overwhelming me, causing me to lose my experience points towards the next level. Eventually, a comb dropped and I rushed to give it to the NPC to finish the quest. After I gave the comb to the NPC, she disappeared. I thought that was pretty odd, so I went into town and one of the NPCs had an exclamation point over his head. I went to talk to him and he told me that the person who requested the comb (after my character told him about the quest) died a long time ago.

Needless to say, I wasn't too happy about that.
Ware you a heavenly demon?
Devil May Cry 3 - JUST TRYING TO BEAT IT... WTF!!!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - The lowrider race... I have such bad luck with these race/speed missions on GTA, and the fact you're driving with the horrible handle of a lowrider... it took me 2 days to beat it. I really can't stand GTA for those race missions.
Seconded.

DBZO - Trying to get SSJ2 o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMC3 made me grit my teeth in frustration, the final battle on the final difficulty lasted twenty intense minutes and thousands of orbs' worth of vital stars. Special Edition was a bit easier due to the inclusion of Gold Orbs, and more fun once you unlock Super Dante, Super Sparda, Super Vergil and Super Nelo Angelo >=D

That was my hardest, but not worst as it was fun, so it doesn't count.

Worst moments...The Fury in MGS3, what the **** was he so angry about anyway? Discovering the 'new story mode' for Budokai 2 was a crappy 2D boardgame. Most of FFX-2. 'Institutionalised' by Suicidal Tendancies in Guitar Hero II. The inconclusive ending of Half-Life 2 (which was the most piss-poor 'boss fight' ever).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate everyone who dissed my FF X-2 >=(

When Chopper sacrificed himself in Ace Combat 5, that made me sad =(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ANd, yes, several times I don't know how, but I deleted my collected cards in Joey the Passion Yugioh game. Damn I really was sad. it is so unlol

Best answers
When my 5 year old brother deleted just about every game I ever had on GBA:S. And when my cousin deleted my Super Mario 64 DS file when I had 148/150 of the stars which is like impossibly hard.
And the end of KH2. And when I was almost on the second disk of FF 7 and it froze so I never got to the second disk because the first disk was ****ed up.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you find out your father is a demon king and that you are working for the bad guys, then the mage comes along and telekenises you into a spike on the wall. Dark Messiah's greatest moment.

When you see Anderson killed and taken away and your old commander Voss as a super powered Strogg monster and having to kill him. Quake 4.

The absolute saddest was in Pokemon Blue a few years ago. I managed to get all 151 without cheating and a squad of lvl100 powerhouses. Then I lost the cartridge!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
City Of Heroes: When a contact near the edge of a region sends you to the extreme other end of the region several times in a row before you get their cell number. When you DO get the cell number, you get missions near them, but only when you're accross town. This is all before level 14 I might add.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dungeon Runners - Accidentally walking into the "Horrific Dungeon" when my character was at level 10. It wasn't until I started attacking the first mob that I realized my character wasn't strong enough to kill them. I ran back to the portal but a Giant (I think that's what they're called) smashed the ground, causing my character to fall on the ground... right behind the portal. I was able to use a waypoint to get out of there.

Filling your inventory with health potions before fighting Sissirat, thinking that an inventory full of health potions would be enough, to only end up using all of them within three minutes of fighting Sissirates mob without even getting a hit on Sissirat.

Edit

Ware you a heavenly demon?
Nope, I was a Shaolin Deva Monk.

Best answers
The final area in God of war on God Mode Difficulty was a bit much, the Kratos clones without a constant stream of rage of the gods was just ahhhhh.

My strategy was get by the first couple, then rage of gods +hades+poseidon twice, then do it all over again, if you get lucky and your family isn't killed you should live, but it is pretty much up to luck -_-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom