World's smallest radio

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7050477.stm

Future uses might include meteorological, geophysical and biological research sensors. They could also be used for discreet military surveillance, or to create a distributed internet that would be accessible anywhere.
"discreet military surveillance" O_O. Just imagine Big Brother with "Smart Dust"

and I thought this was scary. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/08/AR2007100801434.html

"distributed internet that would be accessible anywhere"
So If I accidently swallowed this "dust" could I charge people for being and Isp of sorts?

lol, or imagine working for an Isp and your job description is "Internet distribution node"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, when we have the technology to actually do some good surveillance, stop criminals help some wars, we'll definitely use it for Big Brother >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, I don't know if you were sarcastic or not, but this is a big problem. :/ Now I need to find a tiny EMP emitter. >_<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES! Expect nano-warfare by the end of 2008, die in an instant without even knowing you just ate a nanobot which stops your heart. Let it hear for the scientific developtment!

On the other hand, it could also possibly save mankind. Sigh, creating a radio the size 1/1000 of a hair is pretty cool, but also very dangerous once some moron gets his hands on the blueprints.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But imagine this.

You could carry around a bracelet or necklace with a radio, MP3 player, internet-enabled media device allowing text-to-speech and speech-to-text emailing and IMing, as well as many other things.

Or just get something implanted under your skin. :p But putting it in jewelry would be more aesthetically pleasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom