World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you actually going to be playing retail?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shadow priests are awesome in raids, stick em in a healer group for long fights, and mana dpsers during dps intense fights

I'd love to play Wotlk, but im not rolling any more characters, I'll roll death knight so i can have some fun with it, but mainly just like to get my paladin to 80, gear him for arena and start tanking that raid content.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you actually going to be playing retail?
That is none of your business.

I agree about shadow priests david, but when someone says "LFM priest last slot!" they normally think about holy priests. And when they see Shadow Priest in DPSgroup they just start loling :S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're treading a fine line Lukyas.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone else notice that Kalgan is making the game revolve around himself more and more?
Kalgans hit 60 with his warlock pre-BC, they recieve OP buffs and are 'toned down' but never do drop their close lead as an very powerful class since then.
Kalgan decides he wants to PvP mostly on his Warrior, come expansion, Arenas are introduced and MS Warriors are pretty much required for success.
Kalgan hits 70 on his mage, expansion is nearby and we can see massive buffs to the Mage class (Taking away the random stun proc from maces and giving them to mages for every single offensive spell.)

Meanwhile during all of this, his GF is playing a rogue and remains queen as top DPS/PvP desired class.

Strong combination War-Pal in 2v2's are gawked and called down a lot and Paladins are the ones to take the hit. Next up, Resto druids.. seasons pass and they take recieve no gutting such as the Holy Paladins receive. I found out a PvP designer plays a Resto Druid..

So, in general: Classes played by people of interest to the development cycle of the game are always the strongest classes.
I'ma be leveling my Paladin to 80, keep him holy while leveling up a DK on my other Server.

Edit-
Kalgan is the alias for one of the two main designers of the game. He is primarily focused in PVP while the other designer is more PvE oriented with raiding.
They both have no real designing experiences other than creating an expansion that killed off an MMO. (No joke.)
They got their job from a developer of Diablo II and Warcraft 3, a former guild leader for their raiding that got many world first boss kills. The two were officers at the time I believe.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why wouldn't you play retail.. isn't that the whole point of an online rpg?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't say I don't. I just said it is none of his business.

BTW, for PvP Death Knight, Unholy or Blood?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unholy is supposed to be the PvP-dps spec whereas Blood is supposed to be the PvE one.

I don't know, the changes to Holy Paladin look really awful ( Insane mana costs, no downranking heals anymore at all ).

I either stay as holy or respec prot.

Secondary classes would be a Warrior ( Prot for PvE, Fury for PvP ), Dk ( Unholy for PvP ) , Hunter for some raid dps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get a deckchair and some popcorn for when they start dpsing instead

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh noes! Paladins can oom now, whatever shall we do?!
You do realize, that paladins style of healing was to be mana efficient.
We had the most mana efficient and effective heals HPS-wise to use for the tank for a reason.

We = endurance healers
Druids, priests = regeneration healers.

This means, that we paladins, could heal for an extremely long time but with a price ; we have no regeneration possibilities whatsoever ( you can't count illumination as an regeneration, since it actually just makes longetivity changes ).

While the druids , priests had somewhat medium to expensive heals.
They made up for this with good mp5 and spirit regeneration and could be right back at it.

--

And also, after Illumination was nerfed from 100% to 60%, it is very possible for us to go OOM unless we are t6 geared with extremely high spell crit and medium mp5 at the same time.
But at this stage of the game, it applies to every single healing class except resto shamans from my experience.

--

Now, to move forward : what do we get for the expensive heals in WotLK ?
.. A channeled ability which gives 50% of mana back to you after channeling for 6 seconds.

Now, you did realize that we are nothing else but tank healers?
..So, How do you suppose we channel this when the tank takes constant , heavy spike damage for 6 seconds then ( Cycle-healing won't work at all, tank needs to have all of it's healers 90% of the time on him , or he may die [ not in kara or anything, but if we move forward to ssc, hyjal, tk and bt ] ).

Also, thanks to down ranking changes , healing is more retard-friendly because you don't have to use logic anymore.
Whereas with down ranked heals, you actually calculated on which heals would do best for the most minimal over heal to achieve mana efficiency.

Now, the new game style offers :

- Wait for the tank to take damage, then start healing. But oh, the tank suddenly starts to take heavy burst and the whole 25-man raid wipes thanks to you!
- Over heal even when the target needs 1-2k healing done to him/her , wasting your mana.

This doesn't sound so interesting at all.

Also, a few of my librams are now practically useless.
For example, I can no longer cast R1 HL to keep Grace of the Naaru ( mp5-buff from libram of mending ) and in addition , Light's Grace up for a situation where the tank really needs a huge heal and fast.

--

My healing consisted of : HL R1, R4, R7, R9, R11 , FoL R2, R4, R7 and some times Holy shock.
That's technically 9 heals that i use , thanks to each of those ranks having a difference in healing coefficients obviously.

Now it's turned to : HL maximum rank ( either WotLK or TBC ), FoL maximum rank ( - II - ) , Holy shock.

Hooray.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't have anything to do with my current post, as Bolteh wanted to bring up a topic out of ignorance on how Paladins can't apparently run out of mana. So instead of bringing resto shamans up for no reason at all, i brought resto druid and holy priest because of their regeneration.

Resto shamans are the least mana efficient / regen-able class ( well ok, combined with the raid buffs - they do have an ok mp5 regeneration ) of WoW right now, but they make up for it with very effective raid healing.

Nothing that chain chugging and a shadowpriest wouldn't solve right now.

But oh, in WotLK , you actually can only drink one pot per combat and the mana regeneration from Spriest ( thanks to ret and surv hunter also being able to do this ) was nerfed to near useless.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Needless to say, if Paladin's aren't fixed come release, I'm canceling my account for good.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't have anything to do with my current post, as Bolteh wanted to bring up a topic out of ignorance on how Paladins can't apparently run out of mana. So instead of bringing resto shamans up for no reason at all, i brought resto druid and holy priest because of their regeneration.

Resto shamans are the least mana efficient / regen-able class ( well ok, combined with the raid buffs - they do have an ok mp5 regeneration ) of WoW right now, but they make up for it with very effective raid healing.

Nothing that chain chugging and a shadowpriest wouldn't solve right now.

But oh, in WotLK , you actually can only drink one pot per combat and the mana regeneration from Spriest ( thanks to ret and surv hunter also being able to do this ) was nerfed to near useless.
My shaman has mana troubles too. So my best ways for getting mana
1. Water Shield up constantly (except in PvP)
2. Begging Paladins for GBoW/BoW
3. Begging Druids for Innervate
4. Shamanistic Rage > Stormstrike (gives about 300 mana per hit which is 1200 mana with stormstrike + Sham Rage lasts long enough to use Stormstrike twice! + hits I score between Stormstrikes :D)

P.S. My server is down so I had enough time to link things on WoWhead :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm happy I quit WoW. These new changes are terrible. I might play WOTLK sometime in the future for ****s and giggles, though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm happy I quit WoW. These new changes are terrible. I might play WOTLK sometime in the future for ****s and giggles, though.
Har Har! Can't imagine YOU between all those QQers and "Ur mom is idiot!"

Oh, this is off topic but you have to see this. Happened in one of my raids in BT...

Raid Leader: ok, so now rogues snap Levi!
some rogue: What?
Leader: SNAP LEVIATAN!!! So we can pass he
some rogue: What are you talking about?
Leader: OMG, n00b, u dunno how to snap...
some rogue: you do know we can't sap beasts...
Leader: STFU and snap! or I am leaving
Leader: 5
Leader: 4
Leader: 3
Leader: 2
Leader: 1
*name has left the raid group*
some rogue: lol what a noob...
me: Druid, go ahead, Hibernate him...
*he does > we pass > we kill Mom > I win t6 :D*

Best answers
The changes to buffs, downranking and regen will only affect your playstyle. Blizzard won't ever change something to make a certain class ****ty, they'll change it because it's not how they wanted stuff to work.. Downranking has always been an issue for Blizzard and they've always tried to get rid of it, because having players grabbing lower ranks and still be very efficient is just plain wrong.

Blind people like you are what's wrong with this game. Generic "OMG, Blizzard hates *insert my class here* and they always buff "*insert my anticlass here* I AM TIRED OF THIS BB WOW" comments can be seen ocne every 5 minutes on the forum (pref the warlock-, mage- and paladin forums)..

And even so, paladins are hybrids, they can do a bit of every aspect of the game, just like druids. You knew they were hybrids and you knew they can do a bit of everything, but excel at nothing, it was in the class description page on the site and in the manual (ot was when I started playing). The only thing hybrids bring to raids is their versatility and utility, so don't expect to be the best healer, the best DPSer and the best tank in game. If you are, something is horribly wrong (hence Blizzard nerfing druid HoT spam).

Anyway, if changes like this piss you off and make you want to quit the game, then by all means, go ahead and quit. Good riddance is what I say.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom