World of Warcraft: PvE to PvP Transfers = ALLOWED

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bornakk said:
Providing a smooth and enjoyable experience for all players is always a priority for us, and we are continually re-evaluating our policies and programs to do so. As the state of the game has matured substantially since the inception of Paid Character Transfers, we will now be allowing PvE-to-PvP transfers on a full-time basis to provide players with more mobility and freedom to easily play with their friends.

Keep in mind that all of the other standard cooldowns and restrictions will continue to apply; we’re just opening the option to transfer characters on Normal realms to Player-vs.-Player realms. Please review the Paid Character Transfer FAQ (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20558&rhtml=true?rhtml=y) if you have any questions on how this service works.

You can use this service at any time by visiting your Account Management (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account) page and selecting the “Paid Character Transfer” button.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9679894519&sid=1
DISCUSS!
P.S Anyone interested in all joining a singular server for "Special Forces United" or some other cliche guild?!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
that would be a really small guild. Though now it'd going to be really nice to level to 70 on a pve server and then xfer to a pvp server.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Through "Recruit a Friend" you can level to 60 in a matter of under a week.
People have been leveling two 59's then "Gifting" their saved levels to an alt and instantly getting a third toon to 60.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, WoW are trying so hard not to lose to WAR.

Best answers
Just like WoW had to fear LotR:O and AoC, amirite?

Yahtzee describes it well when he states that every new MMORPG tries to be like WoW, but always leave out keyingredients. Sure, a lot of players will go and try out WAR, and a lot of those will return to WoW just like they did before.

Blizzard has nothing to fear and is fully aware of this fact. Unless you call customer service a panicfart.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just like WoW had to fear LotR:O and AoC, amirite?

Yahtzee describes it well when he states that every new MMORPG tries to be like WoW, but always leave out keyingredients. Sure, a lot of players will go and try out WAR, and a lot of those will return to WoW just like they did before.

Blizzard has nothing to fear and is fully aware of this fact. Unless you call customer service a panicfart.
You understand what as WAR has released things going to be in their game, WoW has quickly retorted with some of the same features?

When WAR said they were going to have destructible terrain, WoW quickly said they were going to have the same thing.

There are a few others but I can't really remember them at this time. Whether it's coincidence or not, it's suspicious to say the least.

What WoW really needs to stop doing is buffing certain classes to hell and at the same time releasing those to the public, then severely destroying that class.

I heard they did significant damage to Warriors, and I know first hand that they gave Paladin's some pretty useless talents.

Last edited:
Best answers
You do forget that Blizzard had a truckload of stuff in their "to-do-list" back when they still had that feature on their website. The destructible terrain and buildings were on that list, as well as siege combat, flying mounts and hero classes (and a lot of other things I can't remember at the moment)..

Sure, they added them to the game when WAR was peaking around the corner, but they still had it on their list of stuff to do before the world explodes.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does blizzard have to fear? They have a trio of upcoming releases with an already established fanbase that will most certainly eat them up. Blizzard are going to dominate the game industry between 2008-2009 despite the release of any other competing games.

Class balance has always been an issue with WoW, however the changes in Wotlk seem to be pushing less for chance based gameplay and more for effect, things like 10% chance to resist stuns are becoming 30% less duration on stuns, etc, I think these kind of changes will start to iron out some of those creases and make fights a lot more skill based. The one thing I like though, is that blizz are quite on the ball, patches are released frequently, and more often than not they address some issues of concern in terms of balance.

I think now with a clear distinction between pvp and pve gear in the game and the appropriate methods to obtain them that there isn't so much of a problem transfering from either type of server, I think this is a nice move.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What does blizzard have to fear? They have a trio of upcoming releases with an already established fanbase that will most certainly eat them up. Blizzard are going to dominate the game industry between 2008-2009 despite the release of any other competing games.

Class balance has always been an issue with WoW, however the changes in Wotlk seem to be pushing less for chance based gameplay and more for effect, things like 10% chance to resist stuns are becoming 30% less duration on stuns, etc, I think these kind of changes will start to iron out some of those creases and make fights a lot more skill based. The one thing I like though, is that blizz are quite on the ball, patches are released frequently, and more often than not they address some issues of concern in terms of balance.

I think now with a clear distinction between pvp and pve gear in the game and the appropriate methods to obtain them that there isn't so much of a problem transfering from either type of server, I think this is a nice move.
I read the new class balancing for paladin's. I take back what I said earlier about Paladin's getting destroyed, the class actually looks a lot better. It still needs help, but it's better.

However, I have to disagree with you when you say they're on the ball with addressing concerns of balancing issues.

I know for a fact, that for the longest time, no matter what I did, or how I did it, I could never, ever beat a rogue. When I was a reckoning Paladin, a good rogue could destroy me. I'd have 4 reckoning charges, but bubble and vanish and SL me to death again. Warlocks are much similar, being that their dps is disproportionate to their fear times. It took Blizzard 2 years to finally fix rogues, and even now, their still very very powerful.

Warlocks, to this day, are the same they were back in the day. I mean, I can kill them if I have pillars or a way to LoS them, but without that handicap, it's next to impossible unless Unyielding Faith kicks in, which I think I've seen happen maybe, all of 3 or 4 times. Having no mobility in pvp, and the ability to constantly be CC'd is annoying, and has not once, been addressed by the blizzard team at all during BC.

This is only from a Paladin standpoint, it's really the only class I know super well, other than maybe rogues. I know other classes are having a tough time, and need help, hopefully blizzard will address it.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To further Mr. Benjamins point, when LotRO was announced/released the developers at Blizzcon stated WotLK would be much more lore heavy in response.
There was another that had to do with Conan but I forgot which it was, but I do remember it's already been patched in.

With Blizzard, they've always been focused on "looking forward, ignoring the past" but recently they've been allowing/changing things such as increased leveling, more benefits for owning multiple accounts and adding 20-40 content, changing their policies in response to other MMOs.

I don't think they were interested in making expansions at first until something sparked them to do it, they kept giving out content patches and doing reviews for classes for balancing. Now they make expansions and revert majority of the class changes for a bait and switch.(Classes are similar to the areas of the game as they were pre-BC, and will remain that way post-LK. Albeit they will function differently.)

Ultimately, nothing will kill WoW except another franchise released from Blizzard. They'll lose millions of subscriptions upon the releases of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 in the coming years.

You can quote me on that.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of certain specs/classes have a problem with rogues. In particular enhancement shamans have a tough time, since they rely on proc chance and rogues can stunlock to buggery, and shamans havent got any kind of stun at all.

When you say reckoning spec... do you mean some kind of hybrid spec? I know for a fact that rogues are easy as pie as prot paladin because they kill themselves by attacking you (just em with seal of crusader, keep up holy shield, blessing of sanctuary, reckoning and retribution aura = dead rogue/fury warrior, usually i just spam my holy shield button and stand in one place /dance and watch them kill themselves). I have doubts that any kind of hybrid spec is ever truly effective, especially against 1 target dps such as rogues and warlocks. Locks are a problem for everyone because of the mechanics of fear and deathcoil, but now with things like resilience reducing dot damage and the chance of coming out of fear with dot damage it's not as much of a problem, especially if you keep shadow resistance on and cleanse whenever you can, but its a sad fact that warlocks and rogues are overpowered to buggery, just because their job in a raid is primarily single target dps which makes itself into PvP in one way or another.

Sure they could be doing better to address balance issues, but they actually do try, and they've made a lot of positive changes. Also a lot of negative changes too. The fact is though, the game is brilliant as it is, despite the discrepancies and I doubt that any mmorpg is going to come close to being as varied and have as much longevity as WoW, simply because I could spend all day on that game and then some.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
A lot of certain specs/classes have a problem with rogues. In particular enhancement shamans have a tough time, since they rely on proc chance and rogues can stunlock to buggery, and shamans havent got any kind of stun at all.

When you say reckoning spec... do you mean some kind of hybrid spec? I know for a fact that rogues are easy as pie as prot paladin because they kill themselves by attacking you (just em with seal of crusader, keep up holy shield, blessing of sanctuary, reckoning and retribution aura = dead rogue/fury warrior, usually i just spam my holy shield button and stand in one place /dance and watch them kill themselves). I have doubts that any kind of hybrid spec is every truly effective, especially against 1 target dps such as rogues and warlocks. Locks are a problem for everyone because of the mechanics of fear and deathcoil, but now with things like resilience reducing dot damage and the chance of coming out of fear with dot damage it's not as much of a problem, especially if you keep shadow resistance on and cleanse whenever you can, but its a sad fact that warlocks and rogues are overpowered to buggery, just because their job in a raid is primarily single target dps which makes itself into PvP in one way or another.

Sure they could be doing better to address balance issues, but they actually do try, and they've made a lot of positive changes. Also a lot of negative changes too. The fact is though, the game is brilliant as it is, despite the discrepancies and I doubt that any mmorpg is going to come close to being as varied and have as much longevity as WoW, simply because I could spend all day on that game and then some.
I was speaking in terms of the entire history of WoW; I.E since it was released.

I won't deny WoW's success and the reasons for it. I'm not dissing them. I'm just saying that when it comes down to character balance, instead of addressing situations now, they wait for expansions. Sure they'll change some skills and talents and times/percentages through out the course of the expansion, but expansion releases are when blizzard actually "fixes" things. Sadly by that time, most classes have a much better skill and classes that were fixed, are broken again.

Other than that, blizzard does an awesome job.

Oh and in case people care

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That reminds me, the primary author for Warcrafts Lore plagiarizes other authors work, primary ones being that of WAR. I read somewhere that one of the other authors wrote a book with aliens being introduced with a few other things and huzzah, incoming Draenei.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
That reminds me, the primary author for Warcrafts Lore plagiarizes other authors work, primary ones being that of WAR. I read somewhere that one of the other authors wrote a book with aliens being introduced with a few other things and huzzah, incoming Draenei.
Let's not forget that although WAR wasn't first, but Warhammer was out way before Warcraft. So any similiarities is because blizzard is in some way copying someone else, not the other way around.

Best answers
They're all based on the same basic lore.. Orcs, humans, dwarves, elves, deep-space-aliens-with-tentacles (OK, that's a twist), trolls, ... Pretty much every fantasy story involves these races in some sort of war, always having (pretty much) the same alliances.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I will say this, the one thing Blizzard is doing that I really like is the "Bind on Account" stuff.

So now you can get something for your main, and use it, and once it's out dated, give it to your alt who is whatever level, it doesn't matter because it's stats are based off your level, then once that alt is done with it, and no longer needs it, you can give it to another character, so on and so forth. Only downside, is you can't enchant them.

Edit:

In case anyone cares: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9679804592&sid=1&pageNo=1

Last edited:
Best answers
In a way, it is sorta unfair to transfer from pve to pvp. In another way, its more then fair since they will make easy prey for not knowing where alot of horde / alliance fights are and who not to piss off. Hell some alliance have a alt account to talk to horde on the same pvp server (please mr troll rogue, don't kill us. Were trying to quest.). Either way blizzard comes out on top. I was first on a rpg server, then started anew on a pvp server and let me tell ya its alot more fun to level when your aware some alliance can hit ya out of no where. :smile:

As for lore, they really are running out of ideas. Scifi and fantasy kinda don't mix well. Hell have you seen some of the gun designs that are in the game? They don't look fantasy at all. The rifles look like they were taken out of Special Weapons mag with alittle crome and blades tacted on for coolness. :(

BTW paladin's bubble = coward. Rogues = win.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BTW paladin's bubble = coward. Rogues = win.
Vanish and endless stunlocks = coward. Bubble = God says "No!"

:p

pretty strong statement bolteh, i wouldnt go that far, I actually like some of the artwork for it, but wotlk is looking 10x better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom