World Martial Arts map

Best answers
Made a map.

Still need to fix/add little things (head behind the WMA sign, need to make a texture on for the umbrella, fix transparencies on the roof, various textures need to be replaced), but I thought I'd post to get some kinda feedback. I wanted to make the whole place, but Half-Life wouldn't let me... anyway tell me what you think.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm..... all the world matrial arts maps seem the same to me , it would be great thou if the team could make one to pwn the rest of them

this is ur first esf map i take it ? that's some good work you got there :) (i don't think i'm gonna end up mapping unless i drop school , speaking of which , why am i going off topic)

G-Bear
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
hmmm..... all the world matrial arts maps seem the same to me , it would be great thou if the team could make one to pwn the rest of them

this is ur first esf map i take it ? that's some good work you got there :) (i don't think i'm gonna end up mapping unless i drop school , speaking of which , why am i going off topic)
Make the 1 a 2 etc.

Look nice, adding a city surrounding the city would pwn :) (Unless it gets laggy etc :p)

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
looking good. what are the overall r_speeds?

Best answers
Whoa, sorry people! I messed up the links in the first post! *Edited* Ok, now check it out.

No real R_speeds as it's not compiled all the way (only CSG and BSP + I don't really have ESF), but for the record they are around 700.....+1300 if you're looking down from the top, which is fine cause this is meant to be a 1 on 1 map. That, and I haven't tuned it up yet.

My biggest problem is the flags around the building. They look ... decent but they really should be models instead of brushes. But, I'm no modeler and God forbid Half-Life would let me rotate anything and save it :S (and no, this isn't my first map...well first for ESF maybe).

=fake edit=
I noticed it sayain overlord's title is "banned"....was he really banned or did he do that himself? He's probably having withdrawal right about now if he was :rolleyes: .

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
well, 1300 is almost the limit for a esf map so its not that bad...
anyways, keep it up.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Unit said:
I noticed it sayain overlord's title is "banned"....was he really banned or did he do that himself? He's probably having withdrawal right about now if he was.
Magus said:
overlord, after realization of your multiple warnings yesterday and being told you had one more chance not to blow it, you blew it by posting in the testing fever thread in which you were not allowed to post in anymore. Enjoy being booted from the forums for 2 weeks.
Hope that answers your question.

On the map, it looks good and accurate. If you need to lower the r_speeds then maybe you should remove some of that seating, it kind of dwarfs the ring o_o

Best answers
Ha, ha....banned. Well, I guess that's what you get for going from 200 post to 600 posts in 2 days...

Anyway, as far as the length and height of the stands, I think it perfect, but the actual seats need to be made bigger. The seats should hit around vegeta's knee, which they don't do right now.

Removing the seating won't help the r_speeds that much though.

http://someasshole.homestead.com/files/WMATStairs.JPG

That's a texture, not individual brushes. I'd be looking at a 6000 W_poly count if I used brushes.

Super Moderator
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's looking really accurate so far. Keep up the good work, looks like it'll be a good map when it's done.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Try making all invisible faces NULL. And the scales of the null textures to 100. It boosts performance.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah so that seating is a slanted brush with a texture wrapped over it to make it look like 3d seating? Ok.

My only gripe is that, there's already a DBZ Budokai ring (yours looks better though), there's already a DB Budokai ring, but no GT Budokai style ring :(

Best answers
good very very good on sum pc's slower than the hour hand on a clock

Best answers
Hmm... no map yet. I'm cutting polys right now (cut around 400-500 for those who care), so next time I post something in this thread, the map will be done (next week sometime).

Anyway, should this be a day map, a night map, or both? I was simply going to make it a day map but if anyone wants otherwise, I can do that.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Your map sure looks great.

And make both version plezze. Night and Day. Or maybe try a Sunset Version for a nice Battle before it gets dark.lol

Best answers
Its looking nice man, and i reckon a Day and a night map do both. i also like the way you have done the stairs :) but SSJGOKU makes a good point a sun-set one would be cool :) Good luck

Best answers
Wow, did the fourms go down? I wasn't able to log on for a while their...unless I was banned... for god knows what... :S

Anyway! Change of plan! You people are right; their are far too many boring WMAT maps so I'm gonna make the whole shabang, or die trying. The original map I made was around an average 600 r_speeds (1500 if you decided to go into the corner of the sky and look straight down). I made a new low end WMAT map that I was going to release on the side for slower machines. It has an average r_speeds of 250 (765 polys TOTAL, capable of running in software mode). So I figured I'd ditch to lame one on one map idea and make the whole place instead.

Questions? Concerns? (pics on the way as soon as I can finds me some webspace)

If anyone still wants the high-end one on one map, I'll release it, but I'll also have to stab you in the face...that thing's a pain in the nards to compile :\

-edit- found me's some webspace.

Let's see, the top is the low poly and the bottom is the high poly (kinda ass backwards...). The obvious difference between the two is that the low poly depends on textures whereas the high poly is straight up brush work. These pics are meant to show the major differences.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/HalfUnit/wmatle1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/HalfUnit/wmatle2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/HalfUnit/wmatle3.jpg

Best answers
Thats looking much better man nice job keep it up and post some new ones if you can :D

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Unit said:
Ha, ha....banned. Well, I guess that's what you get for going from 200 post to 600 posts in 2 days...

Anyway, as far as the length and height of the stands, I think it perfect, but the actual seats need to be made bigger. The seats should hit around vegeta's knee, which they don't do right now.

Removing the seating won't help the r_speeds that much though.

http://someasshole.homestead.com/files/WMATStairs.JPG

That's a texture, not individual brushes. I'd be looking at a 6000 W_poly count if I used brushes.
there are some ppl in the world that can manage stayying up for 2days , but i dunno if any1 has managed to keep that many posts in a continuing run for 2days that are ontopic

i like those images , damit , i see a new map insight , how to get to my destination however is another issue (for me atleast , just playying , really nice job)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Stands look a little empty. How about a func_illusionary/sprites + sounds for some cheering fans?

Another idea, this probably would be hard to do due to R_Speed problems, but if it can be kept fairly simply, it would be awesome. Remember in Majin Buu saga where Majin Vejita blows a whole through the stadium? If you utilize mainly textures to create the effect, I think it could be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom