Workin on this....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know it sucks, but help me if you can...

Best answers
you want help.. start over... learn how poly formation works..

Best answers
Read Gir's low poly tutorial or view a wireframe/low poly model around. You'll notice that to start modelling you have to have a firm grasp of Length, Width and Height all at once so don't get to frustrated, patience is key.

The tutorial nightmare provided above is great to use

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehh i hate using tuts... anyway this is what i have done...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh? you hate using tuts? then all i have to say theres no other way for you to learn... and if you do learn without tuts somehow then it would take you a very long time...

Best answers
look man, youre getting nowhere, the model doesnt look like anything, look at the wastage on the belt, the others things i can not crit im sorry. do the cs girl tut, i started off with a kick start with that. it is possibly the best tut you will find for milkshape because it has a picture for every step ;) dont listen to advice and tuts and you will end up no where

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, thanks for the crit, but saying im getting no where doest help. If you were an expert modeler i would take your advice, but i dont fancy your work too much to believe what you say will be the answer :shocked: Idk how you can say that...
the model doesnt look like anything, look at the wastage on the belt
... it looks like a torso, belt, and body to me, why dont you crit on what i can do to improve it rather than saying
"read the tuts, ur getting nowhere, wtf is that, the belt sucks, read the tuts, read the tuts..." I have read tuts and i dont need you to say so :yes:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What if I say you should go back and read more tutorials? Your models have no form, no sense of poly structure, and no definition. They look really realyl bad, even for a beginner. I STRONGLY suggest you go through a tutorial or two in order to better familarize yourself with not only Milkshape but modeling in general, because as it stands right now you are only waisting time on you "models", instead of spending that time learning how to model properly.

PS: I can understand you being skeptical about what the reckoning says, his work is rather bad as well, but that doesn't mean he isn't right :).

Best answers
ok ok dan, i was sorry about my post before and i apologize for it. just dont go over the roof next time because i never said the belt sux, i just simple stated it is a waste of polygons. you dont need multiple rows of polygons for the belt, just one single neat row would do, i wont say anything more incase you get angry at me again sorry

and i agree with eclipse, lol my work sucks but im a noob and everyone is here to learn

Best answers
take my advice and learn from tuts, otherwise you'll get into some bad habits that are hard to get out of. Learn from my mistake...

I can't tell from the image, but reckoning, you're wrong about poly wastage due to rows of polies, they're used to define the shape of the belt. 1 row of polies might be good enough for some people, but it isn't wasting if you're using the polies for something.

Best answers
heh i know, me thinks there are too many rows, or, maybe the vertex size is too large, i dont kno, all i am sayin is that it looks crowded, this is my opinion but ur probably right maginZgohan

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's a tip to help you, Get GMax or 3dsm. I have both, and dude they're seriously easy to model with for me. I prefer GMax or 3dsm ^^ After reading a few steps of gir's tut It's kinda easy for me now.

Btw, for Ms3d I really do prefer you reading CSGirl so you know how to model pretty good, even if you don't like tut's.

Btw, the Max and GMax are just my oppinions that you should use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom