Work in progress, space scene

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got a tablet today! A Wacom graphire studio xl, I love it!

And I got 10k page views aswell on devart, so, decided to get off my lazy butt and play around a bit with my new tool.

I've only done a bit, as you see, but enjoy what I see so far o:

edit: mhh, I don't like my planet..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice light source, but I think the planet is a bit... idk, a bit 2D? Sorry, it just doesn't look right

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah,

The lightsource is really well done, nice brushings and such,

but the planet does look a little flat, I think because of the glow that's inside the planet.

Perhaps you should lessen that and then It might look better, and I mean the glow inside, not outside, if ya know what I mean.

But its a really good start. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With that type of light source from that direction, It would be more eclipsed.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got

now,

I disagree with your interpetation of the light source growler, it's not comming from the back, rather on about 10/11 on the top

I'ma do some tuts on planets and starfields:\

Best answers
Well, the planted dosnt really need clouds.. It could be a planet without clouds.. ^_^. Looking good dude.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does the planet need clouds? And if he removed what you suggested, it would look dumb, the explosion would just randomly stop.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_< that what i was looking for:
(sry for editing urs mate but i hope you get my suggestion)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking strictly from an astronomy stand-point, he can have the cloud/remnant around the "explosion" the way he originally had it. Suppose it was a star exploding that created a planetary nebula...those don't often vanish below the exlplosion, they are quite spherical.

And I agree - the planet doesn't need clouds. Mercury doesn't have clouds (or an atmosphere, for that matter), last I checked.

Very well done from the git-go, Naz. I'm a big fan of spacey stuff. The planet, itself, is pretty well done. I cannot figure out what I'd say to correct on it, though, since I'm not really into the lingo you guys use when creating such images (my apologies :(). The explosion/star/whatever it is with the surrounding dust/gas is VERY nice. All you need to do, now, is make a picture of the ring nebula. If you did that, I'd have to bear your children.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My toughts exxactly maj, I think that the explosion is a lot more likely to be radial instead of only ~140 degrees

I did work on the atmosphere, aby adding an emission nebula in the background. a few stars added, I really don't want to overdo it like in that last pic. I didnt give it an atmosphere, but I could have. By far, not all planets have atmospheres. I also did some changes to the planet so it looks a bit less embossed. Also, putting stars in front of the planet is impossible Tryforce, as stars are a LOT bigger then planets, putting a star thats 1/1000 the size of the planet is not realistic.

However, thanks for the help as it did help me a lot

here's what it's now

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i really love the new version, u fixed whatever was bugging me about the planets surface in the first one, also the composition/layout looks perfect, i really love the gasses around it. Great work man, i love it.

tis my wallpaper now D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, i knever knew that cud be done with my tablet :O i have the same one :p but i use it for drawing more then designing concepts like these.
i like the outcome, at first i didint really like it, planet looked flat and all, but it was alright, the latest version is verry cool when i compare it to the other one , Gj man, me wubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom