WON/STEAM?

Best answers
Steam, definatly- though I have fond memories of WON, it would seem that steam is the future.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam, all the way. Its constantly updating games and proggys, and i dont get what the whole prob is about. You fil out the steam app, and I was ready to play in about 15 minutes :) . When 1.2 comes out steam will own.

Get with the times mp -_- :\

Since ESF tests on won though, i bet there will be a lot of bugs on won that wont be on steam.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i got steam yesterday and its not all that bad. it was just a little confusing at first.
i just hope installing 1.2 wont be a hassle.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just install it to the steam folder, and when you add a new mod, itll go into the "third party mods" list under games. Its mad easy. I have hrally, ns, and ts in my third party.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I cant get Steam to work.
When I try to play Esf....it says Add HalfLife to My Gmes list.
And after it starts registering my cdkey at the end of the operation.It says it was unable to restister my cd key...Can anyone help me cause I hate WON... :(
Im sorry if that was a little offtopic.But please help...

Best answers
you prolly have to go and buy half-life... so you can have a "real" cdkey

STEAM>WON

so basically steam won the poll(no pun intended)

*hardyharhar*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
steam is easy, just fill out the app in the beggining, and when it askes for a validation code just go to next. Go to games, and click a game to add, and then put your email and nickname. Itll send you the code the next day or so and you just put it in. You put it in and itll automatically add all the games so you can play em. After that just play the games. ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is great for my one pc, works fine and perfectly and everything but for the other pc...
Me and my bro like to play counter-strike, so when we got a new pc downstairs and a router etc.. we decided to buy a new copy of halflife so we could play against/with each other on servers. So, i get this new copy of Halflife, new cd-key, unused and everything, go to verify it with steam aaaand "sorry, your cd key is unvalid or is in use". This annoyed me immensly, so i sent them an email, and still have had no reply. This was about 3 weeks ago, left us to only play on WON.
I guess its just lucky steam works on the pc i play esf on, because its great when it actually works.

Best answers
I got steam working and all, but it blows, too many problems on my comp.
It says i can't support d3d... my @$$, on won i support it fine. so then i tried opengl on steam (i know it shouild lag on my comp, but wtf mate.... that was totally ****ed) I can't select "Minoi dRiver" so im totally screwed.

If steam was a tad bit smoother, it would still suck ass, but i would still use it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use steam /me cries cuz valve killed won

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You shouldn't beusing Direct 3D mode anyway. Use open GL. And if you can't load steam up in open GL right away, you should try adding -gl extension to your steam laucnh options under the game (Half Life), I think tht's the one anyway.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Is there any way to play on steam being offline?o_O I mean to install it at computer without net connection and just play with bots? Is there any way to do it? I can use steam for myself, but if I would burn CD with ESF for a friend who don't have internet, could he play steam version?? Is there a way to install full steam without net?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u need to patch steam to the new verison

cause the orginal steam didnt have offline play in its first release that was added later

Best answers
Thanks Hibiki :yes: !! Soo there is any full steam installer? An offline installer soo I just download it, and could install newest version of steam on comp without net? Or I must copy steam from my steam folder, when it upgrades itself?
EDIT: Doesn't matter anymore, I readed it at Steam site, and I don't need it for myself, but unfortunately my crappy connection I can play only lan games and with bots anyway:( ESF servers have ping from 150 to 700 well it's not too good for a game like ESF, soo there isn't an online game for me( :yes: thanks [Me] for great bots)

Best answers
Ive used steam since its beta with WON at the same time, when STEAM left beta and was officially released for the 1st time I migrated. And im hoping WON will vanish by the morning, as ppl say there are tons more ESF servers on WON, there gunna have to come to steam or not at all.

So heres hoping for a better tomorrow, without WON. AND PLENTY MORE ESF SERVERS!!!

Best answers
I got my new computer, and I'm finally usin' steam, I'm lovin' it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom