Women and PC-s

Best answers
Now I will go str8 2 teh subject.....why do women don't play PC games as men??
I don't get it.....only men play Pc games and women.....almost nothing
Why is that?? o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Men have a natural born desire to compete with one another in order to measure themselves against others. Women, not as much. That's why competitive games such as CS, ESF and the likes are widely popular with men, and not so much with women.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say a majority of women prefer being with large groups of people, talking and gossiping, rather than fragging over the net. It's just the nature of the beast.

Annie

A
We don't play video games as much as guys because...
-we're too busy obsessing and overanalyzing everything in the life
-you can't just "talk" your way out of being killed
-there's no chocolate
-there's no room for random emotional breakdowns in video games
-and if most girls and like me...they have no hand or eye coordination whatsoever :D

Best answers
Thats a lie ,Annie. I know Everything about women and i totaly agree with Shiyojin Rommyu

Best answers
A lot of women play video games, though.... emphasis on WOMEN. High school girls? No. College girls? 1 in 20 chance. Older? Yes.

But most women who are into computers aren't in for it for the games. Women like it to do business on and ****.

Besides that, women are not as a competitive about it as guys, like Shiyojin said.

A lot of philosophy could be brought up on this conversation (and it has on many previous occasions), including that from the works of Darwin, but to keep from hurting anyone's brain with that, I'll put it simply:

They don't play. Be happy!

Best answers
We don't play video games as much as guys because...
-we're too busy obsessing and overanalyzing everything in the life
-you can't just "talk" your way out of being killed
-there's no chocolate
-there's no room for random emotional breakdowns in video games
-and if most girls and like me...they have no hand or eye coordination whatsoever
Ha ha, that gave me a laugh :D

Seriously though, I would say that the main reason that girls don't play as much is because of how we're all brought up. As Shiyojin said, there's the competitive element, which probably makes up the bulk of casual gamers. I would say that men are generally more competitive.

Then there's the fact that playing gaming (especially "hardcore" gaming) is still considered by many to be the domain of the geeks. Now gaming is becoming more mainstream with titles like GTA reaching beyond the game industry, this attitude is changing a bit, however I would still say it exists.

It's an attitude gamers all over the world want to change no doubt. Gaming is a big part of my life, and it's unfortunately something that I know a lot of girls wouldn't understand or be interested in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most girl gamers I've seen play Survival Horror games. I've seen a ton of girls on Resident Evil Outbreak File #2

Some are 18. some are 60.

Best answers
I'd say a majority of women prefer being with large groups of people, talking and gossiping, rather than fragging over the net.
That's true, I should know, i can honestly relate too that quite alot.

I don't think it's so much that we don't want to play all the time, sometimes it's more of what we experince most of the time when we do play. I remember when me and another girl first started esf back in the 1.0 and 1.1 days. The boys basically went crazy everytime we joined a game server, they were like horny little school girls like myself during the school year, with the constant flirting and so called, sexual tension, as if there ever could be any through a video game, let alone an online one at that.

I remember one time where this idiotic guy actually would chase me all around the server and just stare at me with his character model talking too me when i clearly wasn't interested in any online relationships at all, let alone some loser though an internet game. I would kill him, do whatever i could too get this guy away from me and he just wouldn't leave me alone. He even pulled a nasty stunt where he would stand in front of me and dip and raise constantly while making sexual remarks. Also i can't stand when most of the guys would underestimate me because of my gender. They would literally let me win just about each and every time. They spend most of the time asking for your email and personal information then actually fighting you. And they always feel the need to teach you things you just about already know. Either way, i had the same experince with cs as well, so i just overall stop playing online games myself.

Most girl gamers I've seen play Survival Horror games.
That's exactly the type of games i play most, next to certain anime gaming titles acourse. That was a good observation.

Annie

A
Jugo said:
Thats a lie ,Annie. I know Everything about women and i totaly agree with Shiyojin Rommyu
How do you know if it's a lie...do YOU have a vagina? hmm?! HMM?!

Well, yeah obviously competativeness (sp?) is a factor...men are more prone to be competative...it's in their genes. There are also more factors that I actually learned in neuro class but I'm too lazy to try and remember them now x_x

Best answers
Annie said:
How do you know if it's a lie...do YOU have a vagina? hmm?! HMM?!
No i dont but i have a.... nevermind...

I just really read A LOT of books of that stuff.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Men have a natural born desire to compete with one another in order to measure themselves against others. Women, not as much. That's why competitive games such as CS, ESF and the likes are widely popular with men, and not so much with women.

Oh, women compete alright. Just not as directly as men do. They do the gossip thing to compete with eachother.

Best answers
Or anyone for that matter -- they gossip to beat everyone down... I know this for a fact!!

Jugo said:
No i dont but i have a.... nevermind...

I just really read A LOT of books of that stuff.
Wow, reading books.... That makes you an expert, huh?

Yeah, uh, reading books doesn't exactly mean you're right about women.... In fact, just the opposite, cuz girls hate books >_>

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys just aren't looking hard enough :p I can name quite a few women who can beat the living hell outta me at a lot of games :p I'd say more than anything, you don't know it's a woman playing and you just assume it's a guy. While I'd agree more guys play games, there's a ton of women gamers out there too.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The only female I know that plays video games is my younger sister.

I got her to be pretty decent at Goldeneye and Mario Kart (holy ****, that was like 8 years ago?).

I installed GTA3 on her PC and she played it for like a month straight. Apparently she enjoys senseless killing/foul language as much as I do, must be a genetic thing lol. She always asks me where my PS2 is when she comes over because she wants to play GTA:SA and randomly kill minorities.

The other type of game she likes are click-n-smash combat RPGs, like Diablo 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
The only female I know that plays video games is my younger sister.

I got her to be pretty decent at Goldeneye and Mario Kart (holy ****, that was like 8 years ago?).

I installed GTA3 on her PC and she played it for like a month straight. Apparently she enjoys senseless killing/foul language as much as I do, must be a genetic thing lol. She always asks me where my PS2 is when she comes over because she wants to play GTA:SA and randomly kill minorities.

The other type of game she likes are click-n-smash combat RPGs, like Diablo 2.
Strangely enough, my younger sister (15) loves the senseless slaughtering in GTA too. o_O She never does missions, she just.. kills people. Launching rockets into a group of pedestrians as if she's never done anything else in her life. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Girls just...bah, christ, let's just be thankful that we have one safe haven to go to...

Besides. Everyone knows that girls are natural predators to anything that causes men not to be readily obsessed with them, which includes many things we do such as video games, fun, happiness, etc.

Girls are the devil!

Best answers
Heh, I was waiting for the inevitable Pride input to this thread. Nice to see you haven't changed :D

Yeah, a good friend of mines sister is obsessed with GTA games. She's not that big on gaming, but almost every time I go over to their house, if she's there, she'll probably be playing on one of the GTA games. Like I said, they're some of the few games that have Universal appeal.

Annie

A
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Girls just...bah, christ, let's just be thankful that we have one safe haven to go to...

Besides. Everyone knows that girls are natural predators to anything that causes men not to be readily obsessed with them, which includes many things we do such as video games, fun, happiness, etc.

Girls are the devil!
Yes! Down with fun and happiness!

I tried to play a few video games once but I got TOO into it...snapped at people if they spoke to me while I was playing...got really pissed if I died...and I wasn't really any good at it
*shrugs* that's why I don't play...cause I suck at it :scared:
I mean I love violence just as much as the next girl...it's the reason why Sin City is one of my fav movies...but video game violence bores me. So despite the wonderful violence and having people's virtual lifes in your hands, video games just aren't for me. But yeah, as other people already said, video games aren't for some GUYS either. Girls play em, guys play em...maybe there's not a steady balance of the two genders in the hobby but...yup...hope I didn't just repeat everything everyone just said but in a more confusing/idiotic way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom