Woman who spent life in Iron Lung Dies

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is quite possibly the most unfortunate thing I've ever heard of in my life.

She was stricken with polio just 3 years before the vaccine was available and the damage caused by it prevented her from using the more modern portable ventilator so she is suck with the big ass machine that fails when the power goes out....wayyy too sad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow that's really sad. If I'd ever suffer from some serious disease that would require me hooked to machines
or make me mentally totally retarded I'd rather die than vegetate for the rest of my life.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's one of the most depressing things I've ever heard.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't have lived like that! That's not life !

Best answers
I actually think it's quite funny.. Mainly because I don't give a damn about anyone I don't know, but also the amount of bad luck she had right there. Rule one of non-verbal comedy: suffering of a weak subject = teh funi

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't say I would label someone living a life of suffering and dieing funny. It is a reality more people go through than we realize. There are situations in other countries where children are born into worse circumstances, live bits and pieces of painful lives, and die. Life is harsh.

Best answers
Yeah, I feel sorry for the woman, yet at the same time I fail to comprehend why she would want to live that life. I figure after a year or so of sitting in a room and thinking to myself, I would come to the conclusion that whatever lay beyond would be better than sitting in a room with the only joy coming from new South Park episodes 15 a year......

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
60 years..

if only the power had failed earlier :(
you can't call that living
She's been in the lung since she's been a young child. If that's the only life she knows, then at least she was accustomed to it.

Still sad though, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom