Woah Woah! Mainstream media FINALLY calling out Jack Thompson?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"...For those who didn't grow up playing video games, the appeal of a game like "Counter-Strike" can be hard to comprehend. It can be difficult to understand that the game promotes communication and team work. It can be hard fathom how players who love to run around gunning down their virtual enemies do not have even the slightest desire to shoot a person in real life..."
Was actually a great read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220228/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is really interesting, He calls videogames by "Mental Masturbation".
What a jackass.

I really hope he gets sued.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's amazing how laws function these days. A guy that's calling out every possible tragedy that happens, including killing kids my age, and blames it on video games, is free to continue spreading his ****, while a guy that denies just ONE fact of the holocaust, and that's that there was no gas chambers in the auschwitz war tent (or whatever it was called), is spending 15 years in jail. Anyone who thinks this is unfair, raise your hands.

/me raises hand

Best answers
MSNBC said:
Or so Jack Thompson told Fox News and, in the days that followed, would continue to tell anyone who'd listen.
lol

I can imagine him following people around trying to tell them his story. I'm sure it's videogames. Let's not even mention how easy gun access is and that you could get the same idea's by watching a dog eat a cat.

And why CS all of a sudden. GTA is worse. I mean CS is really old.

I for one pin the cause of this tragedy on turtles. Lets ban those ****ers!!!!111ONE1111

I also blame drugs for the recent outbreak of idiotic attorneys that think they know every thing.(meaning you jackASS thompson)
see that see what I did there i can blame stuff on other stuff that doesn't seem very plausible for all of the actions.

I also blame McDonald's (even though they rock) for Dr. Phil being fat. Oh, and bald too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished reading it to the end, and that bastard even blamed microsoft for publishing cs for the xbox. -_-

There have always been some tards that claim stuff to kill people and behave badly:

Jazz music, Rock n' roll, movies, comics, etc..

And now, it's time for blaming Video Games, way to go.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There will always be strong points on either side, really. Who's to say these games aren't just a catalyst for the mentally ill? Honestly, something's gotta be done.

Saw that some time back. It's hilarious. Did you see Mark Friedly's face right at the beginning? He has a strange expression. Like, "Why the **** am I here? Get me the **** out of here already."

ROFL. I had to watch that again.

Thompson: "No. No. No. No. I'm sorry it isn't. Now let me tell you."

Thompson: "In the UK they have laws, that prevent the sale of adult and adult theme, mature rated games, to kids. They have a first amendment or its equivalent there.
The point is.."

Sessler: "No they do not."

Thompson: "Of course THEY DO!"

Oh my god. Ha ahha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7cwLTSnkQ

"I want to shut down Rockstar. Because they're run by a bunch of sociopaths."

Thompson was right about one thing. Ha ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom