Wix

Best answers
Recently finished modelling Wix. He weighs in around 3k at the moment, though there's plenty of optimisation to be done. After optimisations I'll need to UVMap, Rig, Skin and animate. Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

http://home.thirdage.com/Computing/trentbob/wix-tt.avi (Concept Art & Original RH1 Wix - both by Casey Holtz)

The AVI uses either divx or xvid, can't remember which codec was used, but they're both common enough these days.

This model is NOT for ESF, it's for a new mod I'm starting.

Best answers
No more comments?

I've done a bit more on him, and started work on a couple of other characters for Ruin Hunters 2. Below is a zip file with renders in. I know the top of Wix's head seems a bit low. Please, don't make stupid coments about things on either Junas or Fina&Sarna's robot which are obviously unfinished. Also are links to the concept arts for Junas and Fina&Sarna, both by Casey Holtz.

To see the original models go to the Ruin Hunters 1 website.

Junas concept
Fina & Sarna concept
Zip of renders

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm very impressed with the Wix model. Normally, you get models here that have a very serious undertone to them, but this one kind of leaves an "uplifting" atmosphere around it. A very nice model, asthetically speaking, and also great because it's an amazing change of pace in this section :)

Well done.

Best answers
Glad you like it. Yeh, too many people are making too serious models these days. Modelling these Ruin Hunters characters is great fun as there's lots of freedom, they have no proportion constraints, they are fairly simple designs and are just generally fun to make.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it as said its light hearted and a refreshing change to all the UBER DEATH DUDE WITH 50 SKULLS OOZING WITH BLOOOD OF SATAN!! models

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom