Wireless speakers for gaming?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey boys,

so I moved two months ago into a really small apartment and due to limitation in space, I can't have my stationary computer, screen and speakers at the same place. My display is 2.5 meters (across a small room) from the PC. Now my computer does have bluetooth, and there is a good wireless signal in the apartment (being so small and all). So I was thinking of buying some sort of small wireless speaker to connect to the computer when I'm playing games and whatnot, and the advantage is that I can then bring it with me and connect it to my laptop when I'm away. However, I'm wondering how feasible this is as I don't wish to experience latency issues while playing games e.g. hearing the monster die 1 second after I've actually killed it. Are bluetooth speakers adequate from this perspective? What do you guys think? I'm really looking at wireless solutions atm because I already have a lot of cables drawn across the room.

Other than that, can you maybe see some solutions to my problem that I haven't even considered? :)

Thanks in advance bros

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
From the times that I used wireless speakers, I had no lag. The only thing I can reccomend is buying a Gioteck wireless headset, I don't know if that's what you are looking for, but they are pretty good in that respect.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know they have those brick speakers to connect with phones and the like. But made for gaming? Might as well get a headset or something.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey boys,

. So I was thinking of buying some sort of small wireless speaker to connect to the computer when I'm playing games and whatnot
This made me laugh
Baaja doing youjizz 24/7 hahah

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Because the computer can only be used for games and pr0n?.. :p

There was actually a Groupon-like deal for some really slick bluetooth speakers, but I didn't buy them in the end as I didn't want to pay 50 dollars for something which couldn't give me a sufficient enough experience. I'll try and figure out something else instead! :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally i tend to avoid anything thats wireless. You become to dependent on batteries lasting. especially speakers should have a meal on battery life.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Bluetooth has quite a noticeable lag, because it's a general purpose protocol. With proprietary audio transmitters, you probably won't notice anything. Still, Bluetooth is quite interoperable, which is nice.

@Grega: Just because it's wireless doesn't mean it has batteries. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom