wireless network connection problem

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi there everyone, i'm having a problem with my wireless network connection. I used to be able to use it to go online with my own desktop, but ever since I got back from a lan it stopped working.

I try and connect to the wireless connection, but everytime I try it gets stuck on "acquiring network address" and it stays like that forever, i've even left it over night.

I've had this problem before but I can't remember how I fixed it, I think it was something to do with my static ip but i'm not totally sure.

It's only my PC that has this problem on the network, we have 2 other desktops and 2 other laptops connected to the network and they work fine.

I've tried to run services.msc and start my DHCP, but it's already started. so please if anyone can help me with this issue I would be very thankful.

-donnierisk

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you tried using a different wireless card/adapter? If that doesn't work, try a wired connection.

Router and Card specs would be helpful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to enable it if it doesn't work. but whenever I try to fix it I do enable it lol i'm not a total noob :p

Sorry forgot to tell you guys, anyways besides that does anyone have another solution?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply, I had some trouble connecting my cellular phone to upload the image. Well here's the ipconfig /all with an enabled device:

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
it looks like your dhcp server ( if you have one ) doesn't answer to the dhcp requests from this pc.
the best thing would be to check the dhcp server... but i guess you are not familiar with it so we forget this thing and do the work on the client.

the best solution would be to give yourself an static ip.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Static ip...hmm, I can't remember how to set that up, haven't done it in months, I remember it has something to do with the router IP address if i'm correct but i'm gonna have to find out about that...

My router is made by Billion, model: BiPAC 7401VGP
here's a link to the website:
http://www.billionsa.com/product/voip.html

I tried repairing the connection quite a few times, doesn't seem to work, but I'm sure it's got something to do with the static IP, now only to figure out how to change it.

Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Static ip...hmm, I can't remember how to set that up, haven't done it in months, I remember it has something to do with the router IP address if i'm correct but i'm gonna have to find out about that...

My router is made by Billion, model: BiPAC 7401VGP
here's a link to the website:
http://www.billionsa.com/product/voip.html

I tried repairing the connection quite a few times, doesn't seem to work, but I'm sure it's got something to do with the static IP, now only to figure out how to change it.
Hi Donnerisk, I had some problems before with wireless. I think i may be able to help you out with it. You said that you can't connect to your network right? and it gets stuck on aquireing Network Address?
well i noticed that you also have a tunneling device installed that may be conflicting with your Wireless NIC.
try to disable your tunneling device and try to connect that way.
if that still doesn't work,
try disabling all your network cards but your wireless and then try to connect to your network.
If that still doesn't work, right click on your wireless network card and go to view wireless networks. and go to select preferred wireless networks, and remove all wireless networks that are in your preferred wireless network. then try to reconnect to your wireless.
If that still doesn't work, try placing your wireless network card in a different slot.

Also to give yourself a Static IP, It usually doesn't help unless your router requires you to give a static IP. you right click on your network card and go to properties. then click TCP/IP then click properties on that and you will be able to choose to obtain your connection automatically or make your ip yourself.

My suspicions are

PHP:
1. Your other network devices are conflicting with the IRQ of your Wireless network card.

2. You maybe made a mistake with the password for your wireless router

3. The wireless router may be burning out.

4. your wireless card may be burning out.

5. your PCI Card slot or USB (which ever you have installed) isn't working.
hopefully that helps you out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom