Wireless network cards vs USB wireless sticks.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey guys,

I'd like to know what would be best for my dad. To either have a wireless network card, or to have a wireless USB Stick. Though I had my doubts about wireless, it seems to be the best option for my father. So, I'd like to know which one would be the best option. If the USB ones are also good / great, can you tell me if this one will do the job?

- [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WUSB54GC-Compact-Wireless-G-Adapter/dp/B000CRFI8A"]Linksys WUSB54GC Wireless-G USB Adapter[/ame]

Regards,
Skyrider

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Last time we had wireless, a lot of things went wrong. But I guess that was because of the bloody cheap router we had. A lot of connection issues >_>. USB is what I find rather compact and easy to change from computer to computer.

G
If it's a desktop, get an ethernet connection. Wireless sucks and is only really applicable for laptops, where you need freedom to move. But if it is a laptop, I'd say get a network card, if only because you'll have less **** sticking out the side. You can get some PCMICA-3 network cards that work as well as or better than USB and are designed singularly for laptops, plus they're still easy to slot out if you ever need to.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It's for a desktop PC. If I how ever get an USB, I can easily switch to other computers if I ever bring for example my computer here.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had endless trouble with USB related wireless gear. I've got a wireless card in my mobo in this machine though and it never fails. The antenna on internal cards tend to have a better reception range aswell. If it's a desktop I'd stress getting a hardline, second best option is internal card, third is USB. Oh yeah the other reason USB is ****- the software. Omfg it's the most terrible **** in the world, always gets conflicting issues with what windows wants to do.

Get a wireless card, strap it right into your mobo = winnar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom