WIP: Snakeway map

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey everyone.. im working on a snakeway map.. it will include enma's palace, snakeway, king kai's wooden house (after the cell games), king kai's planet, and hell from the early episodes of DBZ.

I made two rooms, one with snakeway, king kai's places, and enma's palace. Another room will be made for hell.. When you hit the ground on snakeway, you will be teleported to hell and will have to find the secret entrace to leave =P

here's some earlier WIP pics i had

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/snakewaysakljdflaskjfdsdfsdfsdf.JPG

early work on snakeway

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/snakewaysakljdflaskjfdsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd.JPG

more pictures.. self explainatory of what they are.. the orange black things are cloud sprites.. i sort of got the idea from dj's map, and decided to make my own =P dont' worry, those black things wont be seen in game

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/snakewaysakljdflaskjfdsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsddfder.JPG

the bottom four pictures are from hell.. the top left of the bottom four is some cliffs and a big fountain where those two spirits were in a boat.. there will also be trees.. also that seesaw that one of the guys from hell put goku and jumped on it..the top right of the bottom four pictures is the secret passage way to teleport back to snakeway.. the bottom left is some things that i saw in a refs, maybe weird mountains or something.. the bottom right is just a different angle of everything

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
not bad

but you should also try and blend in the terrain more, and , since the map is so big, (if you hadnt noticed yet) set the max viewable distance to 999999 (should always be like that ><)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
18000 is sufficient....

Best answers
movie 12 refs for some of hell areas, after cell games is over and cell is dead, goku+pikkon VS Cell + Frieza + his dad and other weaklings...
and of course Saiyajins Saga refs

also for the end of the map of the snake way a suggestion...
make it fade into the clouds and to model/map 3D thing of the snake way will continue a lil after the map borders\ where its ending

btw... all the pics are offline

konger said:
king kai's wooden house (after the cell games), king kai's planet,
better choose to get only one of them in or it wont be very ermm... I dunno teh word but you get my point
king Kai built that wooden house only after his planet was destroyed, not b4... so it didnt existed b4...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Getting King kai's planet in, is a pain the bottom, believe me, i tried. and it doesn't work out well. I'd recommend to model the wooden house near that bigg ass tree, instead king kai's planet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
was that a big tree? :\ aww.. ahah.. i forgot i can't remember.. anyways, it's gettin a lil hard and frustrating adding hell.. it took me 1 1/2 days to compile the entire thing and some of the stuff didnt' even show up.. my teleports didnt work, and i followed this tutorial =\ o well.. im thinkin of juss takin out hell and just leave the top.. i'll post screenies up.. anybody know any other good host besides picturehost?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

update.. thanks thoe roshko, someone told me about this site so yeah dont worry i'll contact you if it doesnt work

oh steel, i cant rele model thoe.. but i might release it.. just going to compile, test it, and if i like it, it will b released.. my textures are ok.. not bad but ok.. if i could get better ones i would.. oh no more hell.. sorry =(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can anyone help with this error? how can i go to a specific face on my map?

hlrad: Error:
for Face 28 (texture fifties_wall03) at

hlrad: Error: Bad surface extents (151 x 8)
Check the file ZHLTProblems.html for a detailed explanation of this problem

Best answers
WOW! it looks like it misses none of teh bugs!!!
maybe this link alone should be stickied? seriously, any noob mapper could access it
and save time posting in the forums (lol also saves a lil bytes hahaha but not too much)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is stickied; that is where he got the link. I added it in one of my tutorials a few posts up above this one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heres some screenies.. im thinking of taking down the wooden cabin, what do you guys think? my fps drops around 40-45.. anything you guys can crit?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Contact me through pm, i have a nice snakeway lying around you can use.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
ouch man you need to align those textures and use vertex minipulation to align those shapes better, but overall, nice

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've sent the snakeway+head, it should be there by now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks cold... well heres an update of my map.. i dont want it too laggy so i took out the wooden cabin.. just left enma's palace and king kais.. i also want to add some gravity to king kai's, how exactly should i do it?

updated shots with cold's snakeway.. thanks a lot, it looks much better

EDIT: i also found a much better way to do spheres =P so i redid the entire king kai's planet.. looks much more smoother than before

Best answers
It's really great the only problem I think is beam spamming?? I think that will become a major factor on this map

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom