WIP: Kami's Lookout

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i keep startin new maps wen im stuck on another map =\ oh well..

this map is kami's lookout.. imo, the textures are pretty bad and i want to have better textures.. i just have no clue how to make great quality textures.. anyways.. im also requestin a modeler to make or if anyone could help me find

the beds gohan and goku slept in the time chamber
a refridgerator
a bathtub

im including the chamber and the lookout.. i'm still having trouble with doing teleports.. last few times i read some tutorials, tried it, failed.. so if anyone could help me out also..

and the hour sand glasses in the time chamber, how do i make it transparent with also including the sand inside? still tryin to figure it out.. well here's some screenies.. the top four are from the lookout, the bottom four are in the chamber

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not a nother one, i hate thow's things.
good map anyway, keep it up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
update screenies

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/5601/zzkaimeiajhelrja.jpg

im compiling the map currently to test it out.. i had to delete some bad brushes that wouldn't get compiled, so a few poles i made will not be there, argh ;/

anyways.. crits appreciated..

edit: i dont need those models i just made it.. hehe.. yeah well u can teleport from the lookout to the time chamber.. i built seperate rooms for both

Best answers
From what I see I can say that u tried to copy me or u watched very careful the episodes. I respect that. btw the objects position are very good placed ;) keep going

u can teleport from the lookout to the time chamber.. i built seperate rooms for both
is a good idea but can u use a warp zone in valve ed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well actually i went to this website http://www.dragonball-paradijs.com/ has some of the best refs.. i looked through every episode and saved the screenshots on my hard drive, so i have around 40 refs =P oh and some of it is wrongly placed, meaning the inside of the lookout.. but i tried to get it to look exactly like my refs.. i'm still missing some things

umm, what's a warp zone? im a nooob mapper.. ahah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like your maps IKK. They give me a feeling of playing DMZ and the Esf Alpha when I look at them. Nostalgia if you will. I'm really hoping you finish them up.

This one's looking nice too, but I think you might want to look into using a different texture for the floor ontop of the lookout. The repeating of it is really noticeable and tacky.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You really like this don't ya? You allready created 4 wips. Keep the enthousiasm up, and you'll end up as a great mapper.

Did my snakeway find it's way to you?

Best answers
imkongkong said:
well actually i went to this website http://www.dragonball-paradijs.com/ has some of the best refs.. i looked through every episode and saved the screenshots on my hard drive, so i have around 40 refs =P oh and some of it is wrongly placed, meaning the inside of the lookout.. but i tried to get it to look exactly like my refs.. i'm still missing some things

umm, what's a warp zone? im a nooob mapper.. ahah
To improve a little ur mapping skills I will say this

the x, y, z details and textures are "really bad" judging by other Half Life maps but the decorations places are nice. I seen many DBZ half life maps around here but not so deco like they need to be. Try to learn better how to use those brushes and learn a little about 2D Art to make good textures for ur own maps.

A warp zone info is an object that can been placed in two places united them together from a long distance. For this to work u need to give them the event tag and the URL location and to find the perfect angle btw them. I staid once 14 ours to make one to work like I wanted and I succeed it, funny then I too ked my screwdriver and other tools to fix my mouse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
coool sounds good.. thanks for your comments

i just finished compiling the test map.. my r speeds are pretty high.. at 2000 ehe.. well im going to read some tuts to bring them lower

my teleporters work fine =P yay.. when im in ROSAT, is it possible to add a different sky than the one in the lookout? currently im just using white walls for the walls.. it looks very closed in.. also, how can i make it very bright inside? i tried adding a lot of lights and it doesn't work very well..

btw cold yeah i got it thanks man.. hehe.. my snakeway will prob have a lot of lag because that snakeway is pretty detailed.. well i'll see what i can do

EDIT: im compiling my entire map in pieces so i can pin point which parts i can make better, it's much easier that way =P anyways.. heres ingame pics of the ROSAT room

these pictures are clippings in my level.. i tried to fix it with valve but for some reason they wont go away :\

thats it for now.. i'm pretty happy with how it looks right now.. just going to try to find better textures because those sux a lot! i saw in the esf ROSAT textures are really nice, but i can't find them in any of the wad files.. hehe it's ok to use the ESF textures right? ya i think so.. i'll try to make better textures, but for now i'd like to use it.. just can't find them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sory for double post, but update

here's the lookout in game.. i still want to use those textures from the other ESF maps but i can't find them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
these pictures are clippings in my level.. i tried to fix it with valve but for some reason they wont go away :\

I'm not a map maker but I do know a bit about 3d models..

So can I see a wire-frame shot of those spots? Looks like the polys arn't attatched or "welded" together. But map making can be different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make korens little look out thing, [like where the black windows are] like where goku gets his sensu beans. It would be a cool little fighting area.

Best answers
Well.. you are not verry original :p but it`s a verry good idea that you have a teleport system to the time chamber :) that makes it a cool map :)

isn`t it a cool idea to put sunsu beans in the bad and sleeping rooms?

Well.. good luck with the progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom