[wip] Guile

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was browsing through my photobucket account and came across my old guile sig. So, I decided to model Guile :O.

Put about 30 minutes into it so.. So it's obviously a Work in Progress

Whatcha think?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice job TeK, good detail while keeping the polycount low :yes:

Best answers
looks nice from the front view but the side view looks wrong
not sure why but i could be too flat or something, try pushing the eye area a little back( using soft selection) and pulling the jaw a little foward

Best answers
looking nice and a nice flow gj, follow devs crit though about the eyes thing and boom perfect gile xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dunno, it seems the chest is rather long... don't you think? if you bring that up some, it will look nice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

And Guess the model's pretty much done.

Tris = 1706

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*looks at taskbar* Rock you like a hurricane!

Maybe make his arms a bit buffer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like you pulled the chin a little too far forward... other than that its awsome :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the picture, he shirt is pulled tight to his skin, or... a skintight shirt, showing all of the defining characteristics of the torso. In your model, it bags out a little bit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that can be left to the artists impression...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i think that can be left to the artists impression...
"I think you pulled the chin too far foward, other than that it's awesome :yes:"
Wouldn't be the same thing with your post? Or how about any other critique or comment, I mean... why bother criting on peoples work. I could just make my Tree trunk the way I want to, and leave it as tall and round as I want, and it could all be my impression of how it looks. That was just dumb thing to say.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* dan, do you have to try to start an argument with me all the time?

the chin, in my opinion IS pulled too far forward, but thats based on my knowledge of anatomy, not by looking at a picture of a t-shirt and thinking "hay, people change their clothes now and again". the same goes for your tree, ive never seen a straight tree, if you wanted to make one unrealistic then fine, but since you werent, i made that comment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gir, saying "I think that can be left up to the artist's impression" is an obvious argument to my crit. It was my opinion, and its not even your model, so why bother saying something like that? Now just drop it, kthx.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

That was basically what i was going by :) and in that picture his shirt is baggy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats fine. I was just going by that picture of him posted above. By all means, model however you want, but I was just posting IMO. Lol, I dont even know who Guile is, but I saw the model and then I saw that pic of him and I noticed his shirt was tight, showing his muscles. idk, his shirt might be loose in that picture u just posted because he is bending over a little, but I think if he stood straight up, his muscles would show through. Just IMO. Its a nice model nevertheless, gj

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looking good there, and it only took a day? (why have I become the slowest modeller in the world? :cry: )
The only thing IMO that could be changed, would be the chin... it does seem a little large on the side view, and compared to the picture you used, maybe it could be just a bit wider and slightly more square off?
Could we see a smoothed pic too please? just to see how that face looks "unpolly-ed" (yes its a real word, its in the dictionary (gets pen) )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
solidus said:
Looking good there, and it only took a day? (why have I become the slowest modeller in the world? :cry: )
The only thing IMO that could be changed, would be the chin... it does seem a little large on the side view, and compared to the picture you used, maybe it could be just a bit wider and slightly more square off?
Could we see a smoothed pic too please? just to see how that face looks "unpolly-ed" (yes its a real word, its in the dictionary (gets pen) )
Hehe after 30 minutes of speedmodeling 3 days a week for a month or so ya get a little quick lol.

I think i might have nailed the chin from teh side, so i'll start the uvmapping soon :)

oh and here's your smooth render Soldius

added some smoothing groups so it didn't look like crumpled up old man's face lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom