[WIP]: [DBS][Namek Saga] Frieza

Best answers
So after going into hiding for so long, I've decided to return...mwhaha...not really...
So, after first release is done, Nagash has been working his DBS minions hard towards our second release. This is Freiza First form, the fingers and screwed up and I havn't modelled his tail so no comments on those please :p Everything else please crit!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The part where his shins meet his hamstrings looks funny...is that line supposed to be there???

Also can we see the ref pic you used?

Head body and arms look perfect...legs could use some work. Great job though!

Best answers
I used a collection of refs:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/nagash1337/refs/frieza2.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/nagash1337/refs/frieza1.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/nagash1337/refs/frieza.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/nagash1337/refs/frieza4.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/nagash1337/refs/frieza3.jpg

Most of them Nagash found for me, thats why they're on his photobucket.

Could you perhaps do a drawover on the legs please? I don't know where the hamstring is :'( (and i speak english too, geez my vocab is bad)

Best answers
still wierd to give crits on a body with short arms/legs and a big head he looks like a human baby in his body scape. still very good job on it. long time ago ive seen such a good frieza (namek v)

Best answers
@ barney, those lines acctualy should be there : >,

comapring with a skn they would fit realy nicly, rest of the model looks a bit messy and unproportional : X
but it shouldent be hard to get it on the right track, overall i likezor it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They should??? I dunno in the refs it didn't look like his legs were like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
welcome back. my crits

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did anybody think that the model it's missing the tail or it's just me ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did anybody think that the model it's missing the tail or it's just me ?
ReCkOninG of FirE said:
So after going into hiding for so long, I've decided to return...mwhaha...not really...
So, after first release is done, Nagash has been working his DBS minions hard towards our second release. This is Freiza First form, the fingers and screwed up and I havn't modelled his tail so no comments on those please :p Everything else please crit!

Best answers
Thanks everyone for the critz and for the drawovers ^^, really appreciate it. I followed most of tryforce's drawovers but some of it is different to the pics at the DBS forum, so some of it i didn't follow 100%, i hope its better :D

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The line muscle on the legs shouldnt be there, Frieza had his muscles drawn like in this ref:

By the way Pixel, I dont think it matters how he poses the model, as long as it's being animated afterwards.
The leaning back pose does seem more natural but if it's for ingame and rigging purpose he had it pretty much ok, even if it didnt seem right in those WIP shots.

Best answers
well uhm : P got a pic saying that this muscule line should be there , lolz but i cant post it for now since its a bit top secret : X .

Sv if you could unblock me from pm s i could send it to you, couse i think its yours : X, but im not sure if you want it to be released

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By the way Pixel, I dont think it matters how he poses the model, as long as it's being animated afterwards.
The leaning back pose does seem more natural but if it's for ingame and rigging purpose he had it pretty much ok, even if it didnt seem right in those WIP shots.
but doesnt it looks nicer? :)

It's true, it doesnt matter, though a few games tend to show the character in a relaxed unanimated pose, If then something like this comes up, people won't think like: "yeh, its going to be good when it is animated!", they're more like "Man... he's falling" then.

but main point is, it will look better.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hrm .. I think the armors on his arms and legs should stretch out a bit more over the elbow/knees.

Looking good though :)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nataku, I didnt block you.
Anyways, if you have any idea what date that picture is from, give me a call cause it's so old I cant even remember ;)
Besides...Textureless should say everything right about now ;P

but doesnt it looks nicer? :)

It's true, it doesnt matter, though a few games tend to show the character in a relaxed unanimated pose, If then something like this comes up, people won't think like: "yeh, its going to be good when it is animated!", they're more like "Man... he's falling" then.

but main point is, it will look better.
Thats indeed true =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom