Windows XP Service Pack 2

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have SP1 and did not install SP2 becuase I heard it screwed up some programs and game's ect,
It's been pretty quiet and I was wondering if I should Install SP2?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should. I havent had any problems whatsoever after installing SP2 and the added protection is always welcome.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It didn't screw up any of the games or programs on my Windows box.

The only thing I noticed was it installed some annoying security manager. It's all stuff that was in there before anyway, though. (All stuff I have disabled, because I don't need Microsoft to manage my PC for me. <_<)

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, does it come with a cooler looking skin?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think so. If it did, it didn't enable it without asking for my permission, and that doesn't sound like Microsoft. =P

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...how do I use system restore?!?!
emergency!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Er, yeah, what happened?

Heh... we were just telling him installing SP2 would be fine, then he goes and does it and Windows explodes. XD

I'll tell you right now, unfortunately, System Restore rarely works as well as you'd expect.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOO!!!!!! NOO!!!!!!!!... omg..DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!! ARGH!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL!

What happened, man? System restore is a piece of ****. I disabled that crap long ago.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's why I did a reformat before I installed sp2, to prevent problems. Made a slip streamed xpsp2 copy too ;).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to go to service pack 2, I'd recommend to reboot your whole computer and do the ****. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly didn't see any benifits of installing SP2, i regret it everyday...This security manager thing is driving me insane, it keeps deleting files that my friends on msn send me and everything... How do I disable it? -_-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NightTerror said:
I honestly didn't see any benifits of installing SP2, i regret it everyday...This security manager thing is driving me insane, it keeps deleting files that my friends on msn send me and everything... How do I disable it? -_-
change the way the security center alerts you (in the security center). click on that and then untick all those boxes and then you won't have that annoying crap shack sitting in your tray ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NightTerror said:
CONTROL PANEL > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > Services > Security Center [DISABLE]

Sp2 Owns, I have Security Center DISABLED. That makes me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom