windows xp patch?

Best answers
i recently got half life and it said "Half-Life has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Sierra."

when i tried playing halflife there is this big blank box covering up the options "single player, multiplayer" but when i move my mouse over them it shows up, thats annoying in itself.

the other problem was when i tried playing esf. i dont know if this problem was related to my OS but i opened esf with the desktop shortcut and the original HL menu came up, only it said console in the top left corner, i clicked it and a message came up, then my computer automaticall shut off with a blue screen saying something about windows just had a serious error or something, then everytime i tried restarting my comp and explorer loaded my comp would freeze and eventually just shut off. going into task manager and ending explorer would fix the problem, but of course you cant do anything without explorer. So i had to restore my comp, but i want to know what happened, if it'll happen again, and if theres some xp patch that'd fix my problem.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't sound like you're using Steam. Download and use that to play online. You shouldn't have any trouble on WinXP, but if you do, you'll find much support.

@gent Orange said:
going into task manager and ending explorer would fix the problem, but of course you cant do anything without explorer.
You can load explorer again by clicking File->New Task, and typing in explorer.exe.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
It doesn't sound like you're using Steam. Download and use that to play online. You shouldn't have any trouble on WinXP, but if you do, you'll find much support.

You can load explorer again by clicking File->New Task, and typing in explorer.exe.
i didnt use steam but i got it, i dont know why not loggin in to steam would **** my comp up.

and when i tried reloading explorer it'd just freeze again until the comp shut off.

when i try to play esf it stays in the original hl menu, but when i pick one of the options it says "can not load library esf\cl_dlls\client.dll"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom