Think of the possibilities!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
suicidal_maniac said:
Dosent look to impressive to me o_O
Wait till Kurt gets to this :p
XD

The new filesystem, WinFS, won't even be in the initial version of Vista as it WON'T EVEN BE COMPLETED. It'll actually debut on XP first (or so they say) .

They've been dropping features from Vista and pushing back the release date for a while now.

Oh, and they estimate you will need a 1ghz CPU and 512 megs of ram to even run Vista. wtf? If you need that much to power the GUI, game developers are going to hate Vista lol.

Not to mention this is going to have DRM (digital rights management, the stuff that treats everyone like a criminal) up the ass. :p

If you want GUI bling, get a mac :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
Not to mention this is going to have DRM (digital rights management, the stuff that treats everyone like a criminal) up the ass. :p

Wait, what does that do? Monitor what you download or something?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Best answers
Sounds like the same criticism people were giving Whistler before it became XP. Unless some other OS comes around that blows Windows away, or it flops as bad as ME, we'll all be using this someday.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , what will ever happen to those games that need reg keys ey ? what will happen to be the replacement of the sys reg ? Questions I want answered I say... They better not just pureley focus on the gui , as if that was the only enhancement , then that will just make me think worse of microsoft (don't be lazy i say or you don't get my dollariedoos). Maybe , just maybe , the reg sys replacement could be a handy thing , after all how many spy/adware , worms and viruses use the sys reg these days ?

Best answers
Well we can not say anything just yet. We do not know how the new registry or whatever they call it will work. Even though this is jumping the gun a bit, though this is going to screw people even more than XP did when it comes to running older software. Hopefully they will make a better compatibility mode or something.

Just hope we do not have to wait years for service packs that just mess up your computer even more.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
After the shafting you're all going to get from the DRM, you aren't going to care about their Mac-wannabe UI or any of the other features (which also look like they are stolen from Apple's OS rofl)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'd stick with build 4051 GUI. That grey color made it look nice.
Also, Vista stands for:
"Viruses, infections, spyware, trojans, adware" :p

Just for the record, you now won't be able to change anything that went wrong, when anti-virus/spyware proggy cant be run and system is infected. I tested that. Talk about security? Blah, they are just failing all of us together AGAIN.
I'll stick with XP...

Chris19893

C
If you're worryed about what it's required to run vista 1 Ghz, and 512 ram, thinking it would effect game's while running VISTA, but if you people ever read up on vista Guess what ? the OS *Vista* TURNS OFF... Before you go on saying that's impossible blah blah blah go read up...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So, when you go to play a game all your **** shuts down? Games will work well then, won't they?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tried installing vista 64bit
during installation it gave me a error message and ****ed over my BOOTMBR
I cried :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Chris19893 said:
If you're worryed about what it's required to run vista 1 Ghz, and 512 ram, thinking it would effect game's while running VISTA, but if you people ever read up on vista Guess what ? the OS *Vista* TURNS OFF... Before you go on saying that's impossible blah blah blah go read up...
What happens when you run a game in windowed mode?

The entire OS can't unload itself from memory, the kernel and APIs that control window management, file I/O, devices, and graphics libraries have to stay in memory.

Proz said:
Tried installing vista 64bit
during installation it gave me a error message and ****ed over my BOOTMBR
I cried :(
fdisk /mbr for the win

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom