Windows Live Messenger keeps crashing..

Best answers
.. At first I didn't know what causes the random crashes, but after some experimenting, I found out why.. It crashes when I close the main window so it gets minimized to the systemtray..

Anyone else that has this problem? Is there a hotfix?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't have that problem at all. Remember that the Live messenger (also known as MSN Beta 8.0) is in "Beta" mode and has problems. It seems everyone has it's problems on their own operation system.

Best answers
Well.. Seems that these kind of crashes seem to happen when MSN Shell is installed, but I don't have this installed, so can't remove it -_-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why don't you use MSN 7.5 though? I'm using that as well, even though MSN 8 is rather nice. It has a lot of bugs in it which i don't really, well.. Like :)

Best answers
Because in Windows Live Messenger I finally have an ordered list of all the people in there.. All placed in groups, gave them a unique nickname so I always know who they are.. With MSN 7.5 this is going to be chaos again..

And no, I don't want that piece of crap software known as MSN Plus..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Not being rude or anything, but all MSN versions have those groups, including MSN 7.0 / 7.5. But it's your choice. Messenger Plus ain't crap though, it's rather handy. Especially the History Logger. The only bug i have with MSN 8 is that it takes up to 2 to 3 minutes before it actually logs in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MSN is a piece of ****.

I use Windows Messenger. It's still a bit steaming piece of horse ****, but at least it doesn't suck as much as MSN does, and it doesn't have all the annoying ass stupid bull**** features I don't give a flying rat's ass about.

The moral of today's story - ditch MSN.

Because I say so.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
MSN is a piece of ****.

I use Windows Messenger. It's still a bit steaming piece of horse ****, but at least it doesn't suck as much as MSN does, and it doesn't have all the annoying ass stupid bull**** features I don't give a flying rat's ass about.

Because I say so.
How about, no? :p. I don't think all that swearing was actually needed. MSN is not that bad, perhaps sometimes. But it's something i use everyday, and i rather never want to get rid of it. MSN is needed for me since i have a lot of contacts, even some special ones.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
MSN is a piece of ****.

Because I say so.
MSN Plus + mess patch for the win.

But uhh, I'm gonna chalk it up to Beta status. Maybe a fresh install?

Best answers
I did about 5 fresh installs (after removing -everything-), but it still crashes..

Anyway, I found out that if I wait a second or 5 before closing the main window, it won't crash.. Weird stuff -_-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You could always use chat programs that has the MSN Protocol, such as Miranda and GAIM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom