Windows 7 has a 93% adoption rate, 240 million units SOLD.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.guru3d.com/news/windows-7-hits-240-million-mark-in-its-first-year/

Microsoft announced it sold over 240 million Windows 7 licenses since the operating system started shipping a year ago. About 93 percent of new consumer PCs were running Windows 7 in September, and the operating system gained more than 17 percent of the global operating system share worldwide.
“I think Windows 7 has exceeded expectations,” said Gavriella Schuster, general manager of Windows Product Management. “People from the very beginning have had an optimistic forecast. I actually felt in the beginning we needed to temper expectations a bit… but a year later, we’re on track. We’re right where we thought we would be. It’s been a good year – it’s a year to celebrate.”

For months before its official launch, Windows 7 raked in positive reviews and feedback from customers around the world. The operating system also was released into one of the biggest economic downturns in recent history, yet it was quickly and widely adopted by consumers and businesses alike.

“We were in such a bad place economically; I didn’t know how that was going to play out. I was nervous,” Schuster said. “But I feel really good about how it’s all turned out.”

Consumers are buying Windows 7 PCs, and computer owners and businesses are upgrading as well. While the economy is still suffering, Windows 7 remains one of the top three projects IT pros are considering for their businesses, Schuster said.

“It’s just that important,” Schuster said. “That’s a good outcome.”

A year ago – on Oct. 22 – eager Microsoft engineers gathered to help then-Chief Financial Officer Chris Liddell “virtually” ring the NASDAQ stock market opening bell. On the one year anniversary of that day, Schuster said she’d like to raise her hat to the incredible work that engineers and teams across Microsoft did to get Windows 7 ready to meet the world.

“The primary win, the reason why Windows 7 is so successful, is because of the phenomenal engineering effort,” she said. “We delivered what we said we were going to deliver, when we said we would deliver it, with very high quality.”

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Windows/Microsoft world domination!
Noooooooooooooooooo!!! :)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just be thankful google and microsoft haven't teamed up.... yet! *TA TA TAAAAA*

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Google would never do that.... i guess. :)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. Best OS till date.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Windows 7, I applaud Microsoft....

..But I love my OS X snow leopard more :3

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So... will Windows 7 be the "new XP"? :)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes it will. Vista should never have been released, but if Vista helped make 7 what it is today, its all goooood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom