wind waker lost

Best answers
Wind Waker is a great game but does anyone agree that it doesnt tell you where to go clearly, i mean the boat dont help much and the stone only helps some of the time, so you kinda get left to travel all over the ocean and get all the secrets in the game o_O

almostdeleted

A
If you were told where to go, it wouldnt be a challenging game..

I think its perfect the way it is.

If not, just get the stradegy guide..

Best answers
Well with most games i dont use guides, it defeats the idea of playing the game.
Normally like with ff7 you can just ask all the people nearby and they help, oh well i guess i cant relie on that with wind waker :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because the game sucks, and they thought "open ended gameplay" would be good because it is the big trend right now thanks to GTA (which wasn't open-ended at all, when you think about it, but whatever...)

They also busted their humps making a whole world full of useless crap that, if you weren't wandering around aimlessly, you might not find or see, thus proving the point that the game is a big waste of 3D world and space aimed at being PURELY eye candy for kids.

I don't know why it's so popular to make games "open ended" these days. I hate being able to wander around like a jackass in a single player game that really has no story, it's just me goofing off in an engine with it's physics trying to entertain myself...which is basically all the game that started the whole "open-endedness" thing (GTA3) was.

Best answers
That's why the very first Sonic is better, on the most linear games (except for Mario). Yes I agree they just decided to make a massive world where you walk around and then stick some stuff in it. And in Zelda it wouldn't defeat the point of the game cos the point is to have fun and comlete dungeons, so justuse it to get to the dungeon part.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am playing Wind Waker right now. And there has yet to be a time when I dont know where Im suppose to go. King of Red Lions always marks on your sea chart where you are suppose to be heading.

Obviously you dont have to go that way. And you also pick up treasure charts along the way so you know where you dive for treasure.

Wind Waker is incredibly fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
That's because the game sucks, and they thought "open ended gameplay" would be good because it is the big trend right now thanks to GTA (which wasn't open-ended at all, when you think about it, but whatever...)

They also busted their humps making a whole world full of useless crap that, if you weren't wandering around aimlessly, you might not find or see, thus proving the point that the game is a big waste of 3D world and space aimed at being PURELY eye candy for kids.

I don't know why it's so popular to make games "open ended" these days. I hate being able to wander around like a jackass in a single player game that really has no story, it's just me goofing off in an engine with it's physics trying to entertain myself...which is basically all the game that started the whole "open-endedness" thing (GTA3) was.
I think u'll find that Zelda invented Open Ended gameplay b4 GTA. GTA is crap compared to Zelda. After u do the missions or during the game u hav 2 find 100packages. wot the hell is that abt? That is so crap!!! On Zelda if u do the side missions wen poss. it'll will help during the game, eg,. xtra hearts or bottles
And gfrankly, GTA: VC and GTA 3's grafix suck ne way compared 2 Zelda on the N64

Best answers
Well you have futher to go et, he dont mark you map after a while, i reckon you'll get stuck sooner or later =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u mean it doesnt tell u where to go???

what about that huge map that points out what area u need to go to

not to mention the king of red lions going we must head east to dragon roost island!

now ur telling me that isnt telling u where to go

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperShenlon, I don't think you get what I meant. Sorry.

As for the rest of it, like I said, I could barely stomach a half-hour of the game. It played great but I am just so insulted and pissed that it's kid link again...I was looking forward to a gorgeous, rich, MATURE game. :0\

Orz

Best answers
Open ended gameplay was 'invented' in 1987 by a spaceflight game called Elite, and is most recently seen in games like Morrowind, Zelda and, yes, GTA... but neither Zelda nor GTA invented it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no the first true open ended games were the text rpgs of long time ago

Orz

Best answers
You're right Hibiki - I didn't think about that. The first computer game ever made was open-ended, called "Adventure", also known as "Colossal Cavern" and worked by Infocom into the game "Zork"... and that was, well, a long time ago. I don't know the date.

Still, more proof that GTA and Zelda aren't even close to being the first. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the first: the commercialized, the popularity of the idea becoming MAINSTREAM. That's what I meant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also zelda isnt really open ended

u are forced to do things in a sertain order which makes it not open ended in a true open ended game u could do what ever u what when ever u want

Orz

Best answers
First commercialized open-ended game I recall was Elder Scrolls: Arena, the original RPG that was followed up by Daggerfall and Morrowind... I'm sure Nintendo just had more money to spend on advertising. But it's definately not a new concept to be popularized.

Best answers
Elite 2 and First encounters, those games are the most best space simulators in the world.
There are no rules, you may fly wherever you want, trade, fight, take military missions. Spy missions...
Discover unexplored stars, astrology based on real life astrology.
The star names etc.
I'll make a hole on earth, if they make a third episode of the game.

Anyways, back to topic.
Zelda is becoming too predictable, it's always. Gather the Crystals, save Zelda, beat Gonan the Evil one.

They should make a game about Zelda, or one of Ganon's henchmen(Playing like a evil guy). And like I suggested before, they should make a game about the other chapters of Hyrule.
Zelda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom