Will there ever be a beta??

Best answers
I know you guys are still working on the game but will there be a beta at all im just wondering? and i heard the progress is at 96% is that true also?

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Srry man but you have been mislead about the 96% and there will be no beta

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rough estimates are 80% to 90%

As for the betas. The full name of 1.2.3 is ESF Beta 1.2.3 ^^;

Joking aside, no open betas anymore. The one we had running was simply not usefull to us as developers, so we decided to simply release when we finish. We may involve a part of the forum community with the final stages of testing though. But thatll happen shortly before we release.

Best answers
Dam thats sad to hear but i want to know if the process of finishing will be done in less then a year?

Best answers
I do love esf but the hype is gone for me.. not enough footage for me to get excited about anymore or potw i just really hope it gwta released soon before this game never goes to its full potential

Discord Member
Best answers
I do love esf but the hype is gone for me.. not enough footage for me to get excited about anymore or potw i just really hope it gwta released soon before this game never goes to its full potential
What, you want more of the same footage? What else is there for them to capture and showyou? ESF is a wonderful game, but it is not complex in the traditional sense; think about it, all you do is fly around and hit people - are you saying you want to see more of this even though you would be, essentially, watching the same footage over and over again? You might as well hit repeat on the videos we already have available and call it a day. The same can be said for the Picture Of The Week - it's either shots of the scenery, or it's shots of stationary and/or moving models - granted, those things are interesting to look at, but when the development process is so slow it almost becomes pointless to keep posting an image every week as only a finite amount of progress would have been made. You say this is one of the reasons your hype has died, but the reality is that if they'd given you what you wanted your hype would have been lost regardless. While the constant stream of content helps to diminish the effects of Hype Loss, it wouldn't stave it indefinitely. And that is a bit of an assumption to say that Final is ESF at its full potential, as a lot of the changes are just additional features on top of the core gameplay that was established in 1.2.3, and everyone knows that more of something doesn't always equate to 'better' - we won't know until it is out, though.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
What, you want more of the same footage? What else is there for them to capture and showyou? ESF is a wonderful game, but it is not complex in the traditional sense; think about it, all you do is fly around and hit people - are you saying you want to see more of this even though you would be, essentially, watching the same footage over and over again? You might as well hit repeat on the videos we already have available and call it a day. The same can be said for the Picture Of The Week - it's either shots of the scenery, or it's shots of stationary and/or moving models - granted, those things are interesting to look at, but when the development process is so slow it almost becomes pointless to keep posting an image every week as only a finite amount of progress would have been made. You say this is one of the reasons your hype has died, but the reality is that if they'd given you what you wanted your hype would have been lost regardless. While the constant stream of content helps to diminish the effects of Hype Loss, it wouldn't stave it indefinitely. And that is a bit of an assumption to say that Final is ESF at its full potential, as a lot of the changes are just additional features on top of the core gameplay that was established in 1.2.3, and everyone knows that more of something doesn't always equate to 'better' - we won't know until it is out, though.
This, some people forget that this game has an ancestor which is 1.2.3 and, although some tweaks here and there and better graphics, the game is essencially the same mechanic wise which is flying around and try to "outfly" your opponents, so if you dont like what 1.2.3 is , you probably wont enjoy the FInal as much as you think you are, its not your typical dragon ball game.

Best answers
You have a great point but theres no point in even carrying they still dont know how long they will take to finish so for all we know it will take another 10 years. Until we get a straight answer why should i care

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom