Will there be an exectutable in the full 1.3 version?

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
dunno. anyway it's not that important.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
you mean an installer?
then yes it will have one

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Extracting is easier.

Beta Tester Squad
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
well because OPEN BETA IT"S OPEN BETA esf 1.3 will BE THE FINAL RELESH SO THERE FOR IT WILL BE AN EXE you can find open beta executalbe on redsayianman site it's much more easyer to have an zip then an exe

Best answers
well because OPEN BETA IT"S OPEN BETA esf 1.3 will BE THE FINAL RELESH SO THERE FOR IT WILL BE AN EXE you can find open beta executalbe on redsayianman site it's much more easyer to have an zip then an exe
Can you give me a lonk to this site?

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
You make me Blind :p

You can make your own EXE file.....i got 1.3 open beta with exe and Ico from 1.2.3...

Busy Busy Busy
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the full version gonna have an executable?
Do you mean have an executable as in an installer, or executable as in ESF being a standalone game with an executable? ESF will not be a stand alone game, but when the final version is complete an installer will be available.

Best answers
Do you mean have an executable as in an installer, or executable as in ESF being a standalone game with an executable? ESF will not be a stand alone game, but when the final version is complete an installer will be available.
I meant and icon on your desctop that leads to the .exe file of the game..

and USSJ_GOhan, how to ma e an exe for it?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it will not have an executable. Best thing they can make is a .bat file that runs ESF through HL, which I don't really see why they should make because you can get the same effect by clicking the shortcut xD. It will have an installer once the final build comes out.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
it opens through steam
but you can make a shortcut to start the game on from your desktop..
start steam go to the games tab right click on the esf game and click create desktop shortcut easy huh? =D
thats what you meant right?

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Its easy copy CS if you have..Or from HL Then do propeteries...

ON CS.. change the counterstrike thing to Esf_Openbeta

ON HL... You need to put Console' esf_openbeta... Im not sure cuzz i am not on my own pc...

Becuzz im searching for a new motherboard :p

But i am not sure now!!!!!!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
it opens through steam
but you can make a shortcut to start the game on from your desktop..
start steam go to the games tab right click on the esf game and click create desktop shortcut easy huh? =D
thats what you meant right?
No, I meant install ESF, run shortcut the installer created, play ESF. Done.

Mog

Best answers
ESF will not be an executable file (.EXE) in the final 1.3 version (...or any other version while it's still a HL mod)...

This is because Half-Life mods are always .DLL files (on Windows).
Mods are not games in themselves. Mods are just data used by a game (Half-Life).

So the .EXE file you need is always just Half-Life itself. (hl.exe)

For your Half-Life to modify itself so that you are playing ESF, it needs to load a .DLL file from your ESF folder.
.DLL files contain extra code for the .EXE files to use... they basically tell .EXE files to do more stuff.
Half-Life's .EXE + ESF's .DLL = ESF (the game)
:smile:

Was your question actually "will ESF have a shortcut in the full 1.3?"?
-You can make your own shortcut quite easily so it doesn't really matter...

Making your own ESF shortcut

1. Find your "half-life" folder and open it.
2. In this "half-life" folder, look for "hl.exe" (this is the .EXE I was talking about)
3. Right click "hl.exe" and click "Create Shortcut". You should now have a new shortcut in this folder.
(This is not a .EXE file, it's actual name is "hl.exe.lnk", but you won't be able to see all that.
It just looks like "hl.exe" and has a little arrow over the icon.)
4. Right-click on your shortcut, click "Properties".
5. In the "shortcut" tab, in the "target" box, add a space to the end of the line, then add the following text:
-game esf
So you're shortcut target should be like: "C[noparse]:\[/noparse]Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\vovich\half-life\hl.exe" -game esf
OR maybe "C[noparse]:\[/noparse]Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe" -game esf
6. Your shortcut will now be able to run ESF. You can move it anywhere (desktop?), rename, give new icon, etc... it will still work.

Meh, I don't know why I typed all that... like anyone actually reads it. :tired:

Best answers
-console is to turn on the console when you get in game... and it is -game esf_openbeta, not just esf_openbeta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom