Will ESF Still Be Free?

Best answers
I have a question. After the final production is released, will it still be free?

thanx

Best answers
Well, they can't make it "not" free. ESF is a hl mod, hl is old, crummy, and isn't ment for paying. It will be very hard to intergrate a paying methed for ESF, because it's so easy to get around it in hl. Now if it were a stand alone game (which it wouldn't because they would be sued to death) they could easily do it.

Also if they do charge you to play esf funimation will sue the esf teams heads off.

Best answers
Technically only infrogames can do anything since we are infringing on the game licensing rather than the ownership.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe I can safely say that the esf team has never had the intention of selling esf. Counterstrike didn't have the intention of turning retail until valve offered them a handsome paycheck.

Orz

Best answers
If they try to sell it, Infogrames (and by assocation Bandai) would turn the ESF team into candy and then eat them. Of course, Funimation would also be upset to see that the licensed characters and concepts of Dragonball Z(tm), such as Goku(tm), Piccolo(tm) and Hercule's Puppy Bee(tm) are being used for financial gain by somebody else.

So, the short answer - no. The long answer - even if they wanted to, they still couldn't, despite all their hard work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd buy the full version of ESF if by some miracle they came out with it and could sell it. I mean, it'd be the best DBZ game ever. Period. However I think they'd need the OK from the owners, and possibly a new engine or something....

But hell if infrogames took the ball and ran (and they didn't mess it up), made some single player/multiplayer based on this, I'd be a happy camper.

Best answers
yeah thats cool idea but not likley,man the guys that made cs must be swimming in money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom