Wikileaks founder threatens to release names that could put people in harms way

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he is arrested. Does this terrorist know no bounds? If he's arrested, he plans to give away undercover agents, informants, ect, a ton of people will likely die for this guys vanity project.

Listen dude, you raped a woman, and this case was in courts before this Wikileaks bull**** even happened, so it's not some kinda conspiracy, unless they knew 7 years in advance he'd leak this ****.

http://fudzilla.com/home/item/21092-wikileaks-boss-blackmails-world

Wikileaks boss Julian Assange has threatened the world that if his rape case goes forward he will release a lot of government cables uncensored. The outfit managed to get support from people because it went through each file and deleted the names and addresses of people who might have their lives threatened by the publication of the information.

Assange, who claims that the US is out to get him, has threatened that if he is arrested he will release all that information without those protections in place. Bluntly he is holding the lives of American informers in Afghanistan hostage to make sure that he is not arrested for rape in Sweden.

The 1.3-gigabyte file, distributed through file-sharing services this summer and protected with an unbreakable 256-bit encryption key, contains full versions of all the U.S. documents received by WikiLeaks to date – including those that have been withheld from publication or have had names and details removed in order to protect the lives of spies, sources and soldiers.

Assange’s lawyer Mark Stephens warned that if Mr. Assange were to be brought to trial on rape accusations he faces in Sweden, or for treason charges that have been suggested by US politicians, he would release the encryption key.

He claims he is justified because WikiLeaks “been subject to cyberattacks and censorship around the world and they need to protect themselves ... This is what they believe to be a thermonuclear device in the information age.”

US politician Newt Gingrich, has called for the prosecution of Assange claiming that Assange is engaged in terrorism and should be treated as an enemy combatant. Of course Gingrich can say what he likes. Assange is not a US citizen and, because he did not steal the documents himself is protected under the U.S. Constitution’s free-speech provisions.

But the Swedish sex case is not like that. Neither would he have much luck if the spying charge was bought in his native Australia. But perhaps what is more alarming is that Assange is prepared to use Wikileaks in a bid to stop his arrest on something which is a private matter, in effect making him above any laws.
He is breaking the very laws he is trying to protect. Hilarious, I hope his martyr status finally dies down and people realize he's nothing but a cyber terrorist.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you being sarcastic or something Mkil?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No? The guy is a scumbag, but people hold him up as some kind of freedom fighter, when he's nothing but an ******* just doing this to become famous. If he wasn't; he wouldn't appear in the media, he wouldn't make statements, and he would have released all the documents at once, instead of trickling them out, prolonging his media exposure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should really educate yourself a bit more on the subject, you might make yourself look silly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Events in order:

Mkilbride posts a news-snippet along with his own opinion on it (which is contrary to normal, and a positive development).

Sub jumps in and makes a snide remark suggesting that Mkil's opinion is so ridiculous it could be considered sarcasm.

Mkilbride makes it clear that he is not being sarcastic and further points out his view.

Origin makes a vague statement about how Mkil should know better, without actually contributing to the thread at all, or explaining exactly what Mkil is being ignorant about.

Sub joins in with more ridicule.

Origin continues it.

---

Explain to me how Mkilbride is the silly one in all of this, and not the two of you? Seems to me he's being significantly more mature about this than you.

For once, I actually agree with Mkilbride. Julian Assange does not have the right to leverage his rape charge with information he's stolen. I suppose neither of you two think the judicial system has any merit anymore, and that it's okay to use blackmail provided you're considered cool enough in the media of your choosing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're absolutely right and I apologize profusely, sir. I hope you can find it in your kind heart to forgive my folly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They also released her police report which makes her look completely ridiculous, but meh. Who needs facts, anyway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're absolutely right and I apologize profusely, sir. I hope you can find it in your kind heart to forgive my folly.
They also released her police report which makes her look completely ridiculous, but meh. Who needs facts, anyway?
If you insist on being a douchebag, at least be a good douchebag and supply some sources. Where is this police report?

Oh, and there were two women who were supposedly raped. And in any case, whether he's guilty or not, he still doesn't have the right to blackmail governments.

Things are not as they seem.
Or Assange knows everyone who reads his stuff tends to be conspiracy-inclined by nature, and uses it to his advantage. Still doesn't change the fact that he threatened to release information if he wasn't kept out of Swedish prison. Either way, they caught him, and he's in British custody until the 14th.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, you turned into a real ass this last month, huh? Here you go.

Story of the two women.

The blog on revenge on boyfriends one of them wrote in January 2010.

The mention of the police report.

I'm not claiming all of these to be 100% true, I'm just saying there's more sides to the story. Regardless of my personal feelings towards Assange, the entire Wikileaks controvery has taken a turn for the worse, with sites such as Amazon, Paypal, Mastercard, Visa and Twitter censoring mention of Wikileaks as well as refusing to host any files. Even though they've done so for years - now the heat is turned up and all these sites take everything Wikileaks-related off. Even IF what Wikileaks has contains nothing but rubbish, the act of censoring the internet makes me cringe. 1984 wasn't supposed to be a manual.

Gah, this is why I generally stay out of political topics. -.-

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm trying to stay open minded about this whole Wikileaks thing. It's hard though. On one side, Assange may be putting people at danger, and endanger the diplomatic relations between countries which is based on secrecy. However, if one reads some of these documents, the things that are happening behind everyones backs are ridiculous, and I am actually happy someone has enough courage to pull something like this off.

I however, do have extreme reservations about the whole raping accusations thing. While I am not much of a conspiracy theorist myself (where's Jinx?), for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a set-up by the government agency like the CIA.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm trying to stay open minded about this whole Wikileaks thing. It's hard though. On one side, Assange may be putting people at danger, and endanger the diplomatic relations between countries which is based on secrecy. However, if one reads some of these documents, the things that are happening behind everyones backs are ridiculous, and I am actually happy someone has enough courage to pull something like this off.

I however, do have extreme reservations about the whole raping accusations thing. While I am not much of a conspiracy theorist myself (where's Jinx?), for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a set-up by the government agency like the CIA.
The rape charges were filed back in like 2003...7 years before this whole Wikileaks scandal stuff. Don't quite think they could've known that far back what he'd do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if that's true, not all rapists get put on an Interpol watch list. That was weird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your first source is a derivative of the other two sources. One of the sources is from the Daily Mail, a tabloid. The second doesn't actually imply anything other than that at some point, ten months ago, the woman was thinking about revenge. The post specifies that the revenge cannot be greater in magnitude than what was done to the person enacting the revenge. I should try to track down the police report in Swedish, since I can't exactly trust the Daily Mail to translate correctly and without bias.

And I'm an ass? Which one of us tried to ridicule Mkilbride without any cause or source earlier in this thread?

When Assange starts making threats because of his own legal situation, that's when he completely loses the moral high ground. In my opinion, he lost that when he started editorializing his findings. The companies refusing to service him are doing so because he's actively targeting the US, making the US government look at these companies as if they were accomplices. They want to cut ties to a man who is clearly unstable and riding a high horse straight off a cliff. Hardly strange.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rape charges were filed back in like 2003...7 years before this whole Wikileaks scandal stuff. Don't quite think they could've known that far back what he'd do.
Got a source for that? I can't seem to find anything on 2003. Sources I found say that 2 women went to the police in August.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your first source is a derivative of the other two sources. One of the sources is from the Daily Mail, a tabloid. The second doesn't actually imply anything other than that at some point, ten months ago, the woman was thinking about revenge. The post specifies that the revenge cannot be greater in magnitude than what was done to the person enacting the revenge. I should try to track down the police report in Swedish, since I can't exactly trust the Daily Mail to translate correctly and without bias.

And I'm an ass? Which one of us tried to ridicule Mkilbride without any cause or source earlier in this thread?

When Assange starts making threats because of his own legal situation, that's when he completely loses the moral high ground. In my opinion, he lost that when he started editorializing his findings. The companies refusing to service him are doing so because he's actively targeting the US, making the US government look at these companies as if they were accomplices. They want to cut ties to a man who is clearly unstable and riding a high horse straight off a cliff. Hardly strange.
I did mention that I don't know if they're 100% true.

There are plenty more sources which I'm sure you can all debunk easily, but like I said, I try to stay out of political topics because they only get on my nerves, and half the time I can't articulate the finer points in my stance on the matter anyway. Sometimes I break my own rules and I end up in a topic like this. If you want to take the time to sift through all the stories written on Assange, the rape case, censorship of Wikileaks and dozens of sources, which I have trouble with verifying as truth (I'm not up to date with all the tabloids), look at this;

http://www.reddit.com/search?q=Assange

There's a crazy amount of stories and sources and it's hard to differentiate truth from fiction.

Also, Mkilbride;

No? The guy is a scumbag, but people hold him up as some kind of freedom fighter, when he's nothing but an ******* just doing this to become famous. If he wasn't; he wouldn't appear in the media, he wouldn't make statements, and he would have released all the documents at once, instead of trickling them out, prolonging his media exposure.
This video is actually pretty good, it's just under 20 minutes long and he explains, amongst other things, why Wikileaks needed a "spokesman", if you will.

[video=youtube;bVGqE726OAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVGqE726OAo[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom