Wii Pre-Orders to begin tomorrow

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamestop and EB games are going to begin in-store pre-orders tomorrow for the Wii (online pre-order date still not determined).

It will of course be first come, first serve. Also, due to the Wii's popularity, pre-orders might be filled within minutes in a single store.

If there is an EB Games or Gamestop near you, I suggest you wait before the store even opens and get in there to make you pre-order. Since it's a friday and since the pre-order date was announced only today, chances are most people with jobs wont be able to make it there that early. You'll most likely be fighting off teenagers and house-moms.

So get ready, for tomorrow is the start of Wii's take-over.

Source: Gamestop e-mail service.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I pre-ordered mine a week or two ago at my local games store.

Plus Twilight Princess and Red Steel.

Didn't even have to pay anything.

I love my local games store. <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll most likely be fighting off teenagers and house-moms.
That's what it's like every time I go into EB games, heh.

I guess the lines this weekend when I go preorder Smackdown vs. Raw 07 are going to be even longer now!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as I want all the newy shiny, I'm gonna wait for both Wii and PS3 to go through a price reduction/bugfix first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
As much as I want all the newy shiny, I'm gonna wait for both Wii and PS3 to go through a price reduction/bugfix first.
I can understand that for the PS3 considering their history of faulty first-version systems and it's high price...but the Wii? It may be $250 but it's really not that bad. As for bugs, I don't remember a nintendo system having any bugs that needed to be fixed. The closest one was Virtual Boy, but that didn't have a bug. It just hurt your neck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will be pre-ordering a Wii indeed.

Best answers
Living in Canada gives me until monday to get ready and I'll try and go on my off block, too bad it's two hundred for us canadians to pre-order...

Best answers
Nintendo, has stated that that approximately one million Wii systems will be ready for launch when Wii debuts. Also, another three million coming through in December. A Wii pre-order is completely unnecessary, in my opinion. Nevertheless, I might just pre-order it anyway. It'll surely keep me at ease.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, preordering it here didn't cost me anything, so I couldn't really care less. x3

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I've already got my little package preordered and completely paid off to ensure my gettage of the Wii.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No need to pre-order when Nintendo promised to ship alot of them for everyone to get one.

Best answers
i'm gonna go about an hour before the store opens, me and some friends from digipen are going together.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tolore said:
i'm gonna go about an hour before the store opens, me and some friends from digipen are going together.
If it's anything like the 360 launch, you'll need to go alot sooner than a hour. 4 of my friends and I waited outside a Best Buy at midnight until it opened, and there were still 5 people ahead of us before we got there waiting. By 2am the store owners told us to turn away anyone that came cause they wouldn't have enough for everyone.

The Wii probly won't be so bad because they are making alot of them, but the demand will still exceed the supply.

Best answers
yah we've all got school tommorow though so we can't go to incredibly early. Also its preorder not launch so we're hoping its not too bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean you were gonna go an hour early and wait to pre-order something...? You're a weird one good sir.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to share what just happened to me at the store when I went to go preorder Smackdown Vs. Raw 07.

So I'm in line with an obvious bunch of Wii folk; Moms, grandparents, etc. The line is out the door because none of these people have any clue how reservation works and the guy has to explain it to each one of them before they'll give him their info. He tries with each person to hurry it along by just asking whether they want to preorder games or just the system, and then immediately asking for their phone number--but none of them were having it. Each and every person in line before me needed a full rundown of their policies before they would even give him their phone numbers.

So I'm at the back and some dude comes rushing in all panicked and out of breath. "Do you have any Wii preorders left?!!?" he exclaims.

The guy behind the counter counts up the people in the line, then looks at his screen, and goes, "Sorry man, this guy's got the last one," pointing to me.

So the guy starts to leave all disappointed but I quickly stop him and explain, since I'm not there for the Wii, he gets the last one. He thanks me but is fascinated how I can not want it. I explained to him about where I thought the future of gaming was going, and how I thought the controller was gimmicky, etc. He starts talking to me about the brilliant applications the controller could have. I say to him that, yeah it's great if it could be like that, but that I doubt they'd take the thing in that direction. We go on like this for awhile before I finally get irritated with the guy's ignorance to the history of games ("You know Nintendo invented the Playstation, right? And Sony stole it from them! Like they steal everything!!"). So finally I say, "Look, all I know is, 20 years ago, dudes like you said this same crap about Robbie the Robot, and 10 years ago dudes like you said this same crap about the Super Scope 6, and you all end up the same way--****ed. So you can have your controller, man--but I've got games to play."

Now the dude finally leaves me alone.

I get to the front and the dude, thankful to see a regular customer who knows the deal, immediately asks me for my phone number so I can preorder the Wii. I tell him I'm not there for it and then we do my business with SVR07, takes all of 2 minutes.

I started to browse and took note of the sheer amount of people who had been there to get the Wii, and the various stragglers who came in too late. Totalling over a 50+ people, and the store had only been open for an hour and a half.

So the dude who was behind me is at the counter and is trying to shoot the **** with the clerk. He points to me and says, "This guy thinks the PS3 and the 360 are better! Can you beLIEVE it?!" the second syllable of "believe" sounds liek nails on a chalkboard, it's so high. Then he mentions how no one was there to get the PS3 and so many people were there to get the Wii.

I was kinda pissed but then another clerk walking by casually says, "Oh, the PS3s are all long gone. The last of those preorders went out the door this morning."

The nerdy guy says "You've only been open since 10!!"

The guy behind the counter chimes in. "Well, yeah--the PS3 crowd though, they all had their stuff ready to go, we were really shelling them out. They were gone a half hour after we opened the gate, all 50."

"40?!?!" the guy yelps. "You only had 25 preorders for Wii!"

"That's what they gave us," the guy behind the counter shrugs.

"Well!" the dorky dude exclaims. "What does it matter anyway?! I bet nobody can pay the full price on that thing anyhow--"

"Actually," the other employee says, "most people paid full. I didn't get any who paid less than 250, anyway."

"200 was my lowest," the guy behind the counter says. "it was a lot easier to move 'em, no grandmas in that line."

The other guy goes "Amen, frigging soccer moms," and walks off.

"So...you wanted a Wii, right?" the guy behind the counter says with a grin.

I guess he annoyed the clerk as much as he was annoying me, heh.

(Not meant to be anti-Wii or anything, I just thought it was a funny story)

Best answers
There are "Wii reservation stories", going all around the net, right now. As for me, I thought I would be slick, and drop by and pre-order one on my way to school this morning. I live in an urban neighborhood, where Sony, reigns supreme. So basically, I thought no one would show up early to reserve a Wii. Eventually, I arrive at my local Ebgames, just to see well over 30 people in line. So we(me and friends) parked in the parking lot somewhere, and I called up a few other stores on my cell; Surprisingly enough, some of them picked up. However, they were already at their limits.

I got kind upset, as the regrets began simmering, because I gave up on going up there two hours earlier like I had initially planned yesterday. To make myself feel better though, I actually told them to drive around and I rolled down the car window and called them all a bunch of " random insults " mainly stereotypical ones(bunch of geeks, waiting outside for a stupid gaming console, ect)for a moment, and went on to school. They didn't hesitate to retaliate with their own insults either, especially considering the car we were riding in--we quickly became a riding target of negativity. Nonetheless, it was amusingly fun. But, maybe I should have reserved both the Playstation 3, and Wii when I had the chance. I hope this wont come back to bite me in the ass.

I say this, because, I heard that some people actually waited outside at 1am. If they have that kind dedication for the Wii, then on the day before the Wii and Playstation 3 launch, they could possibly begin camping out an entire day before the store actually opens. I really dont have the time to deal with that, as far as the Playstation 3 goes anyway. It's good to know that I can get the Wii, sometime in December atleast.

To make matters worst, this school day is going slow, I cant wait to get home.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I have to share what just happened to me at the store when I went to go preorder Smackdown Vs. Raw 07.

So I'm in line with an obvious bunch of Wii folk; Moms, grandparents, etc. The line is out the door because none of these people have any clue how reservation works and the guy has to explain it to each one of them before they'll give him their info. He tries with each person to hurry it along by just asking whether they want to preorder games or just the system, and then immediately asking for their phone number--but none of them were having it. Each and every person in line before me needed a full rundown of their policies before they would even give him their phone numbers.

So I'm at the back and some dude comes rushing in all panicked and out of breath. "Do you have any Wii preorders left?!!?" he exclaims.

The guy behind the counter counts up the people in the line, then looks at his screen, and goes, "Sorry man, this guy's got the last one," pointing to me.

So the guy starts to leave all disappointed but I quickly stop him and explain, since I'm not there for the Wii, he gets the last one. He thanks me but is fascinated how I can not want it. I explained to him about where I thought the future of gaming was going, and how I thought the controller was gimmicky, etc. He starts talking to me about the brilliant applications the controller could have. I say to him that, yeah it's great if it could be like that, but that I doubt they'd take the thing in that direction. We go on like this for awhile before I finally get irritated with the guy's ignorance to the history of games ("You know Nintendo invented the Playstation, right? And Sony stole it from them! Like they steal everything!!"). So finally I say, "Look, all I know is, 20 years ago, dudes like you said this same crap about Robbie the Robot, and 10 years ago dudes like you said this same crap about the Super Scope 6, and you all end up the same way--****ed. So you can have your controller, man--but I've got games to play."

Now the dude finally leaves me alone.

I get to the front and the dude, thankful to see a regular customer who knows the deal, immediately asks me for my phone number so I can preorder the Wii. I tell him I'm not there for it and then we do my business with SVR07, takes all of 2 minutes.

I started to browse and took note of the sheer amount of people who had been there to get the Wii, and the various stragglers who came in too late. Totalling over a 50+ people, and the store had only been open for an hour and a half.

So the dude who was behind me is at the counter and is trying to shoot the **** with the clerk. He points to me and says, "This guy thinks the PS3 and the 360 are better! Can you beLIEVE it?!" the second syllable of "believe" sounds liek nails on a chalkboard, it's so high. Then he mentions how no one was there to get the PS3 and so many people were there to get the Wii.

I was kinda pissed but then another clerk walking by casually says, "Oh, the PS3s are all long gone. The last of those preorders went out the door this morning."

The nerdy guy says "You've only been open since 10!!"

The guy behind the counter chimes in. "Well, yeah--the PS3 crowd though, they all had their stuff ready to go, we were really shelling them out. They were gone a half hour after we opened the gate, all 50."

"40?!?!" the guy yelps. "You only had 25 preorders for Wii!"

"That's what they gave us," the guy behind the counter shrugs.

"Well!" the dorky dude exclaims. "What does it matter anyway?! I bet nobody can pay the full price on that thing anyhow--"

"Actually," the other employee says, "most people paid full. I didn't get any who paid less than 250, anyway."

"200 was my lowest," the guy behind the counter says. "it was a lot easier to move 'em, no grandmas in that line."

The other guy goes "Amen, frigging soccer moms," and walks off.

"So...you wanted a Wii, right?" the guy behind the counter says with a grin.

I guess he annoyed the clerk as much as he was annoying me, heh.

(Not meant to be anti-Wii or anything, I just thought it was a funny story)

lewl

I love how no one can get along just becuase of personal views in different consoles. It makes me laugh.

If you love the PS3, people who like the Wii hate you
If you like the Wii, people who like the PS3...hate you
If you like both, both the ps3 fans and the wii fans..hate you

One way or another you're hated for no reason. gg.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
lewl

I love how no one can get along just becuase of personal views in different consoles. It makes me laugh.

I LOVE MY COMPUTER!!!!

no one has preordered any Wii consoles in my store, or the two game stores round the corner lol.

Wii is gonna fail in england o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chris` said:
lewl

Such is the way with petty console wars, the inspiration of my signature =D

Ugh I can't wait until these things are actually out, then things actually start to matter more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom