Wii not present at E3.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
3,637
Best answers
0
Well, if that is true, that actually makes me rather happy. While I don't consider myself to be a person driven to gaming by graphics, it is nice to know that we may, yet, see a step-up in the graphics when the Wii, itself, is actually complete.

*Breathes a sigh of relief*

Indeed, it would have been nice to see the "finished product", so that we can get a feel for how powerful or weak the system actually is, but I'm not going to complain - they still managed to demonstrate what people were more interested in, imo, when it comes to the Wii, and that's the method of control. I don't think people were storming the Wii demonstration to scope out the graphics, heh.
 

sub

Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
5,960
Best answers
0
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
It's nice to know the videos we saw weren't the best the Revolution can do. <3
 
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
3,125
Best answers
0
HOLD THE PRESSES

We were lied to at an E3?! No way, get out of town.
 
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
7,416
Best answers
0
LMAO Opty.

Moreover, Nintendo has traditionally snubbed E3 with many announcements and such, and hasn't shown new hardware at E3 since the Super Nintendo. They save all of that for the Tokyo Game Show in winter.
 

L

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
1,069
Best answers
0
Perhaps Wii will have a pleasant surprise when it is released?
Nintendo: OMG SUPRUZE BETTR GRAPHX THAN XBOX370!!1 LAWL
Microsoft: Microsoft is in the process of creating a multi-platform video game. Please wait 3 years.
Sony: ... LOOK OVAR THER!11 OMG SOMEWAN STOLE OUR GRPHX CARDZ1! WACH A VIDEO OF PRERENDRD STUFZ LUUK SEE THIS IZ PS3!11 SRY NO GRET GRAFIX WAIT NEXT YR!
 
New Member
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 7, 2003
Messages
1,478
Best answers
0
Fatal_CobraX said:
Perhaps Wii will have a pleasant surprise when it is released?
Nintendo: OMG SUPRUZE BETTR GRAPHX THAN XBOX370!!1 LAWL
Microsoft: Microsoft is in the process of creating a multi-platform video game. Please wait 3 years.
Sony: ... LOOK OVAR THER!11 OMG SOMEWAN STOLE OUR GRPHX CARDZ1! WACH A VIDEO OF PRERENDRD STUFZ LUUK SEE THIS IZ PS3!11 SRY NO GRET GRAFIX WAIT NEXT YR!
In order to do that, they'd have to skyrocket the price of the console, which (at least, according to most of the Wii-buyers here) is one of its strongest selling points.
 

L

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
1,069
Best answers
0
SailorAlea said:
In order to do that, they'd have to skyrocket the price of the console, which (at least, according to most of the Wii-buyers here) is one of its strongest selling points.
Fatal_CobraX said:
Sony: ... OMG SOMEWAN STOLE OUR GRPHX CARDZ1!
*cough*

Not a problem if they were free o_o
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
423
Best answers
0
This is great-- there's still hope. Nintendo better damn well add shader abilities...i really hope they do. There's no way they should go into next-gen gaming without it. They might not make or break games, but it would still make for some great eye-candy.

As i said once before, if the Wii has atleast half the specs of the XBOX 360 (as in 1.6 Ghz processor, 24 Pixel and Vertex Shaders and 256 Mb of total RAM) it would in most instances look better than XBOX 360 because it would be tuned for efficiency and taking out all latency. But i doubt Nintendo cares that much anyway.
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
2,462
Best answers
0
Those scoundrels at E3!

We were dupped! Bamboozled! Flimflammed! Swindled! Hornswoggled!

Makes me wonder what the real consoles will do, it does. Or if there will be a signifigant difference.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
2,490
Best answers
0
Moreover, Nintendo has traditionally snubbed E3 with many announcements and such, and hasn't shown new hardware at E3 since the Super Nintendo. They save all of that for the Tokyo Game Show in winter.
It also gives them a nice flimsy shield to hide behind while they redesign that piece of crap to try and achieve 1/10th of the power and capabilities of its competitor consoles.

They already released the specs for the machine, and they were garbage. Not even marginally improved from the Gamecube's hardware.

I admire the Nintendo fanbase's capacity for hope. When confronted with the fact that Nintendo hasn't got **** worth **** to show you, you come here and start to claim how it's good news because they must be improving it. I used to be that way too. But ten years of screwjobs and requests on deaf ears have jaded me. For that I definitely salute you all, and feel sorry that you will have to pay for an add-on a year from now that adds shaders while all of the other machines melt face with Direct X 10 effects.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
4,022
Best answers
0
You're blinded by your own negative bias towards Nintendo. You have no factual base upon which your argument rests. You have no proof that Nintendo did this just to try and compete with the other two consoles, graphics-wise.

Nintendo has said time and time again that the Revolution isn't meant to be a powerhouse, and instead focusses on new control mechanics. When will you learn?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
Sub said:
The PS3 wasn't there either- http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/gam...sectionId=1006

Quote:
Fortunately, tech support was on hand in the form of a man opening up the outsize drawer in which the PS3 was hidden and hitting the reset button. In the process, the truth of what we were actually playing on was revealed: a huge betamax video recorder-looking dev kit, and not a sexy 'clear black' PS3 at all.
That's different, the dev kits have the same power as PS3's for developers to make and test their games with. Just because it wasn't technically a PS3 doesn't mean it doesn't have the same capabilities.

A gamecube, however, is still a gamecube.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
2,490
Best answers
0
And a gamecube is also a Wii, if you go read the specs.

Either way, Shyo, it's not me who claimed that they must be withholding it to improve it--some others in this thread were who I was referring to.

The same old Nintendo deal either way. Bunch of bull**** double talk, at the end of the day. You're going to pay however many hundred bucks for another gamecube with a weirder controller. However the fans decide to justify that decision is their business. But trust me, all of this is spin, and as a member of the media I'll tell you staight away that we only spin the suckiest of the sucky when it comes to things like this.

Everything they say and do is designed to attract attention away from the simple fact that they haven't got anything concrete. Take it from someone who works for the press and sees it everyday. I'm the only person here with an enlightened perspective on the media and public relations as a whole, as well as marketing development and demographics--so while you may think I am just blindly prejudiced, you fail to acknowledge the point that I am also vastly more qualified then anyone else on this board to call bull**** on this type of PR stuff.

And Nintendo's been spoon-feeding its fanbase crap for years at E3 anyway. I'm not shocked at all that they didn't have a leg to stand on as far as having the actual system there for use. When has Nintendo ever been stand up about anything?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
1,148
Best answers
0
Cool, I was totally fine with the graphics at E3, but this is always nice. I'm still not expecting anything spectacular, but the fact that the graphics will get better, no matter how much, is still good news to me.

And hey, maybe they'll surprise me with graphics better than I thought they would be, I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to hope.
 

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
5,341
Best answers
0
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
And a gamecube is also a Wii, if you go read the specs.

Either way, Shyo, it's not me who claimed that they must be withholding it to improve it--some others in this thread were who I was referring to.

The same old Nintendo deal either way. Bunch of bull**** double talk, at the end of the day. You're going to pay however many hundred bucks for another gamecube with a weirder controller. However the fans decide to justify that decision is their business. But trust me, all of this is spin, and as a member of the media I'll tell you staight away that we only spin the suckiest of the sucky when it comes to things like this.

Everything they say and do is designed to attract attention away from the simple fact that they haven't got anything concrete. Take it from someone who works for the press and sees it everyday. I'm the only person here with an enlightened perspective on the media and public relations as a whole, as well as marketing development and demographics--so while you may think I am just blindly prejudiced, you fail to acknowledge the point that I am also vastly more qualified then anyone else on this board to call bull**** on this type of PR stuff.

And Nintendo's been spoon-feeding its fanbase crap for years at E3 anyway. I'm not shocked at all that they didn't have a leg to stand on as far as having the actual system there for use. When has Nintendo ever been stand up about anything?

ok3952--892
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
1,626
Best answers
0
Why are people getting worked up about something we know next to nothing about? The console isn't out yet, and there's no way of knowing what we'll see when it comes out. It's called having an open mind.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
2,417
Best answers
0
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
You're blinded by your own negative bias towards Nintendo. You have no factual base upon which your argument rests. You have no proof that Nintendo did this just to try and compete with the other two consoles, graphics-wise.

Nintendo has said time and time again that the Revolution isn't meant to be a powerhouse, and instead focusses on new control mechanics. When will you learn?
who cares about control mechanics?

give me a super nintendo controller, and a FUN GAME.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
SaiyanPride, I've never seen such ignorant statements before in my life.

Then again, you DO work for the media...


You bash the system before it's even released. You haven't actually played on it. Oh and let me ask you this. If you find graphics SOOOO important, than why do you continue to play your old games? Huh? Do you throw out your old systems and call them garbage when a system with nicer graphics comes out? If you do, then that proves to me what kind of person you are. If you do not, then you're pretty much being a hypocrite.

Nintendo is focusing on Gameplay over Graphics. You bash that. If you want graphics over gameplay that much, go watch a computer generated movie.

The PSP and DS have worse graphics than the PS2 and Cube. Then according to you, they're bad! I'm sure you find the PSP better than nintendo because, while Nintendo has a touch screen and many other features as well as more popular games, PSP's graphics are better so therefore it's superior!

They said the Wii would change how we play games. Not how we see them. And guess what? They did just that. They didn't lie about anything.

You don't know what it means to be a gamer. If all you care about is graphics, then you can't call yourself a Gamer. Games are created to be fun to PLAY. Not fun to WATCH. Watching is for movies. Games are for playing. A lesson every true gamer knows. If you disagree with this concept, then congratulations. You're a false gamer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top