Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my wii. If I set my wii in the same room as with a wireless network card in this computer. And I turn the wii on, it makes my internet very, very unstable. It keeps disconnecting and I can't do about it. I already disabled the 24 stuff and internet settings in the wii itself, but this does not solve the problem. Since when does the wii (wireless - for the remote, etc) gives conflicts with other wireless devices?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning for Skyrider for posting in the wrong forum!:S

Sky learn to post in the correct forum or you will end up being banned!!!:devsmile:
Also forum is broke:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in
Trying to move a post.:laff:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea Yea, I know about that. Either way, that does not solve my wii / internet problems. I really need to get this problem solved, as I cannot use the wii & the internet on the pc at the same time.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try sticking a cordless phone near your wii and see if it interrupts your phone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kind of sounds to me like your router can't handle both connections at the same time.

I don't think it's the Wii's fault. I think you need to look at your router.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It kind of sounds to me like your router can't handle both connections at the same time.

I don't think it's the Wii's fault. I think you need to look at your router.
The odd thing is. Few weeks ago when we had a small 1 week vacation, both computers here were connected through cable, and the wii was downstairs even closer to the router and it worked fine! Now, what you said is I'm afraid not true Shiyojin. I disabled the internet settings through the wii, so it does not connect to the router at all. I even disabled "wiiconnect24" if I am not mistaken. It is still making the wireless here very unstable.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
UPDATE:

After turning on the wii, I noticed no disconnects.. But when I turned on the controllers, the problems started. It kept disconnecting. So, the wireless connections of the controller is the problem, and I'm not really happy about this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Wii's controllers use Bluetooth technology.

Maybe that'll help you.

If you have other Bluetooth-enabled technology, try turning the device(s) on to see if it disrupts your wireless signal.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The Wii's controllers use Bluetooth technology.

Maybe that'll help you.

If you have other Bluetooth-enabled technology, try turning the device(s) on to see if it disrupts your wireless signal.
Afraid not :(. Wireless Adapter / cable is the only thing I use. Bloody controllers messing with the signal, shez.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still think it's your router giving you problems, though. ;x

I don't have any problems with the Wii controllers, and we have many wireless devices connected in our house.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Wii is in rather close proximity to my wireless router, and I'm not getting any problems of the nature you're describing (or any problems with my Wii peripherals or my router). In the time I've had the Wii, I've had two different wireless routers, and neither of them have been affected by usage of the Wii.

Similarly, my buddy, who has everything on or under his desk (a Wii, a wireless router, his computer, a bluetooth adapter that allows him to use his Wiimote on his PC, the PC itself, and a 360), hasn't had any such problems, either. His Wii is, literally, right next to his router, too.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Have you consulted Nintendo's customer service?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Majin, not yet. But I don't think the router is the problem, but rather my network card.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some routers are sensitive to that kind of stuff, my old one hated Wifi so we got a new one.

Router and Network card info would be helpful.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Some routers are sensitive to that kind of stuff, my old one hated Wifi so we got a new one.

Router and Network card info would be helpful.
Its not the router, its the network card. I'm sure of it.

Sound Artist
Best answers
What wireless channel/mode is your router broadcasting at?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom