Wii 250$!??! O_o

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gamespot said:
Although for now the pricing is not exact, it will not exceed $250 in America or 25,000 yen in Japan.
Interesting... I'm getting one =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but smash wont be out for another 6 monthes, so i'll continue to allow tthe price to decline once its released

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats very suprising because last time i checked when the gamcube first came out it was 250 bucks, if the Wii is under 250 bucks then that is the first system im getting

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was actually expecting somewhere around $200 (or around €200 for us), but if it's like 225 or 230, that's fine too. 250'd be kind of pushing it, IMO, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
250 wouldnt be pushing it, if you think 250 is kinda pushing it, just look at PS3 and the 360 they range between 450-700 bucks, you cant beat 250

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..Which is exactly why I won't be getting a PS3 right on launch. Too damn expensive. I'll wait till the price drops.

If the Wii is around 200 at launch, I might get it at launch, but only if there are some launch titles I want besides Red Steel. I don't really know what other launch titles there are - I think Wii Sports is a launch title, and Super Mario Galaxy as well, I'm not 100% sure on that last one though, and I don't know what other launch titles there are. But, if the Wii is around 250 at launch, I might wait a little while until either the console drops in price a bit, or if great new titles are released soon after launch.

It's not that I can't afford it - far from it. I just have my principles. It's ridiculous to have to pay around, say, $600 for a gaming machine, so by principle, there's a limit to how much I want to spend. There's just no need to waste money like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
..Which is exactly why I won't be getting a PS3 right on launch. Too damn expensive. I'll wait till the price drops.

If the Wii is around 200 at launch, I might get it at launch, but only if there are some launch titles I want besides Red Steel. I don't really know what other launch titles there are - I think Wii Sports is a launch title, and Super Mario Galaxy as well, I'm not 100% sure on that last one though, and I don't know what other launch titles there are. But, if the Wii is around 250 at launch, I might wait a little while until either the console drops in price a bit, or if great new titles are released soon after launch.

It's not that I can't afford it - far from it. I just have my principles. It's ridiculous to have to pay around, say, $600 for a gaming machine, so by principle, there's a limit to how much I want to spend. There's just no need to waste money like that.

Twilight Princess is a launch too, but you can get it for the Cube as well as the Wii.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you please edit the title of this thread, I thought they actually made an announcement or something =/

Anyways, if I understand this correctly, they released the price for a Japanese launch and said the American version would cost either the same or less then the Japanese price. Roughly averaged out, it was 228 or a number around there, we rounded it up and got the price 250. This is in no way proof that the Wii will be 250. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Twilight Princess is a launch too, but you can get it for the Cube as well as the Wii.
Hmm, didn't Twilight Princess get delayed for the Game Cube? If this is one of the games thats coming with the Wii, hell I'd buy it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
Hmm, didn't Twilight Princess get delayed for the Game Cube? If this is one of the games thats coming with the Wii, hell I'd buy it.
Twilight Princess is coming out in 2 versions now. One for the Gamecube, and one for the Wii. The Wii version will be running in widescreen 480p with probably slightler sharper textures and stuff, but the big difference is that it will fully utilize the Wii's unique controller.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$250? Thats cheap as hell, kids are definately gonna buy it. I can just imagine...

kid: "AUUUUGH... OH YES, COME ON, COMMEEEE ON, OOOOOOOOOH YES YES THATS IT WOO FINALLY YES!"
Mom: "Josh, what are you doing?"
kid: "Mom, leave me alone, I'm playing with my Wii!"
Dad: "Just keep eating dear."

----

Personally I knew they were gonna strive cheaper then PS3 and such, but considering the PS3 was around $700, UI thought they'd definately aim lower by going at the 400.

I <3 you Nintendo (I haven't said that in ages)

Best answers
Can't really compare the Wii to the PS3 or 360.. The Wii isn't going to join the hardware war.. It's an updated version of the gamecube, better hardware and that's it.. The 360 and PS3 have a ****load of extra (useless?) features that required a lot of development time (and money)..

To me, the Wii isn't really part of the next gen consoles.. But that's a good thing! I'm pretty sure that I'll have more fun with Smash Bros or Mario games.. Nintendo rules at delivering games.. The rest just fails at games, they just allow to showase fancy graphics (that often look poop)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll most probably end up getting Wii, I haven't bothered with anything consoles since n64/ps1 days (except for playying a xbox or a ps2 at a mates place), but I'll get back into console gaming at this rate with a Wii :).

Best answers
mf29 said:
2 wii's price= one ps3
+100$..

well neweys, wii = win, so im definetly going to get myself one :p been working hard for.......... 2dayes now to get it D;;;_; and even so seriously going to get mehlsef one of da ownage wii ^^

I can already hear my little bro. asking me "why did you buy it?" "its useless" "well was it wise?" "pl?? pl?? *stfu plz*"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom